Technical Data Analyst Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a technical data analyst to help you learn about what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly define the technical data analyst work description.
This article also provides the major requirements you may be expected to meet by recruiters to be able to access the position with most organizations.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the technical data analyst career:
What Does a Technical Data Analyst Do?
A technical data analyst is responsible for analyzing and preparing data for decision-making and problem-solving processes in an industry or organization.
The technical data analyst job description entails completing essential tasks on a daily basis, such as solving problems that are related to products and software; integrating processes and identifying the root cause of problems, and providing solutions or recommendations; documenting processes, and implementing standard operating procedures.
In the process of discharging his/her duties, a technical data analyst is often responsible for completing various tasks, such as analyzing and preparing recommendations to senior management for the adoption and implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
He/she also supports and provides assistance with the consolidation and standardization of metrics and analysis procedures among multiple squadrons, as well as provide technical solutions and training to the organization’s potential customers or clients that deal with its technical service.
A technical data analyst may also perform the functions of a data analyst by gathering, collecting, transforming, processing, and modeling data; and examining and analyzing large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
He/she is also responsible for examining and analyzing an organization’s numbers, and figuring out what they mean for the organization, while also translating the numbers into detailed information, and preparing and presenting information in the right forms, such as graphs, charts, and tables.
The technical data analyst applies his/her technical skills in identifying and handling various technical issues, while coming up with solutions or recommendations to tackle those issues.
He/she also implements standard operating procedures in improving his/her organization’s profitability.
Becoming a Technical Data Analyst
To become a technical data analyst, individuals are required to demonstrate some particular skills or abilities, such as technical expertise, computer proficiency, and analytical thinking; problem-solving skill, ability to work and maintain composure under pressure, and sound time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, a technical data analyst is required to possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or in other related discipline. Several years of proven work experience can also be of crucial advantage.
Technical Data Analyst Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Technical data analysts perform various functions in ensuring accurate analysis of data is done and provided to an organization for decision making and problem-solving.
Shown below is an example of a technical data analyst job description showing major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that they commonly perform:
- Searching for new ideas and opportunities for process improvement
- Running standard queries in order to look for data issues
- Overseeing and performing database activities, which include creating databases and objects
- Examining, analyzing, processing, and performing quality control checks on the supplied data
- Proactively examining and identifying data needs
- Working cooperatively with business stakeholders and managers in order to understand reporting requirements and ensure that accurate and correct information is delivered
- Analyzing and preparing data for decision-making and problem-solving process
- Preparing and presenting information in the right form through the use of necessary tools or aids, such as charts, graphs, tables, and so on
- Examining the numbers of an organization, figuring out what those numbers mean for the organization, and translating these numbers into words or detailed information
- Gathering, processing, and analyzing tremendous amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Working in conformity with the organization’s procedure or policy in order to achieve production goals
- Configuring, diagnosing, and resolving technical problems or issues for clients
- Automating the existing processes in order to further enhance them.
Technical Data Analyst Job Description for Resume
If you have previously worked as a technical data analyst or are presently holding the job and are writing a resume for a new one, you will need to include a professional or work experience section to it.
The professional experience part of your resume gives you the opportunity to let the recruiter know that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a technical data analyst, which will be a boost to your resume and increase your chances of being selected for the job.
The sample job description above can help you to quickly highlight the duties that you are performing or have performed working as a technical data analyst in the professional experience part of your resume.
Technical Data Analyst Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a technical data analyst, recruiters will expect you to meet certain requirements to qualify to access the position.
This is important to recruiters to be able to find the best candidates for the technical data analyst role who can effectively perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the position.
Shown below are major requirements applicants for the technical data analyst job may be expected to fulfill to be hired:
- Technical expertise
- Particular attention to detail and sound analytical thinking ability, as the job deals with analysis; it is indisputable that analytical thinking has a crucial role
- Well-developed ability to work under pressure
- High time management skills, which enables a technical data analyst to carry out his/her responsibilities efficiently and meet deadlines that are required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or in other related field.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager needing to hire for the technical data analyst position in your company, you will need to make and publish a description of the role to help prospective candidates learn about the role.
The job description sample provided above can be used as a template in writing the duties and responsibilities you will want the technical data analyst that you are looking for to perform in your organization.
With a detailed description of the job, your chances of attracting the best capable candidates for the technical data analyst position to your organization are brighter.
Also, individuals who are interested in the technical data analyst career will find this page helpful in learning about what the job entails.
Did this article help increase your knowledge of what technical data analysts do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also discuss your job description if you work as a technical data analyst.