Digital Marketing Consultant Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information about the job description of a digital marketing consultant to help increase your knowledge of what they do.
It highlights key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the digital marketing consultant work description in most organizations.
This article also presents the major requirements recruiters commonly set for applicants for the digital marketing consultant job to meet to be hired.
Please, read on to learn more about the digital marketing consultant career:
What Does a Digital Marketing Consultant Do?
A digital marketing consultant is responsible for assisting clients from various industries in promoting and improving their online marketing strategies.
The digital marketing consultant job description entails improving and managing an organization’s branding; developing and maintaining client engagements or communications with creative social media, email, local and mobile marketing platforms or campaigns.
It involves carrying out essential duties, such as assisting clients’ business situations, making recommendations on how to improve their websites and other social media platforms, participating in the organization’s meetings and conference calls, and training clients, customers, and co-workers on topics that are related to internet marketing.
The digital marketing consultant is responsible for carrying out several important tasks such as planning digital marketing campaigns, including web SEO/SEM, email, and social media and display advertising.
Other duties performed by digital marketing consultants include developing and maintaining clients’ or organization’s social media presence across various digital channels, and examining, measuring, and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
They are also responsible for delivering timely, high quality, and integrated digital communications and connections, as well as developing and delivering corporate communications, which positively position and connect the organization to staff and stakeholders across both online and offline channels.
The digital marketing consultant work description also involves liaising with media and communications officers in order to ensure that corporate, service, and system-wide information are delivered online as soon as possible.
It also entails overseeing and coordinating the provision, approval, and updating of content or information that are contributed by colleagues.
The digital marketing consultant is also responsible for examining the ongoing development and maintenance of the organization’s or clients’ website and intranet in order to ensure that sites are fresh, up-to-date, and optimized for search engines.
Becoming a Digital Marketing Consultant
Individuals interested in working as a digital marketing consultant is required to demonstrate or possess several skills or attributes which include deep interest in technology and business analytics, sound SEO knowledge, and well-developed presentation and communication skills; particular attention to details and the ability to efficiently focus on customers in order to optimize their interest or needs.
In terms of academic qualifications, the individual is required to possess a Bachelor’s degree in fields such as communication, advertising, public relations, computer science, or marketing, or in any other related discipline.
Several years of professional working experience in a relevant industry can also be of high advantage, as this is often demanded by some employers.
Digital Marketing Consultant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Digital marketing consultants perform various functions in ensuring improved marketing strategies for their clients or organizations.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically define the digital marketing consultant job description are highlighted below:
- Working directly and in relation with other project or department leaders in order to develop effective and inbound marketing campaigns via SEO, SMO, SEM, and Display
- Overseeing and coordinating various content platforms which include website landing pages, social media platforms, and blogs
- Improving the organization or client’s site search engine ranking by adding new keywords, examining and optimizing web pages, and implementing content creation and development strategy to websites and blogs
- Identifying and developing new effective ways for the organization to engage with new customers and inviting new ones by analyzing and evaluating the current market strategy
- Designing, building, and maintaining the organization’s or brand’s social media presence
- Brainstorming to come up with new, creative, and innovative growth strategies
- Working in relation with internal teams in order to ensure that landing pages are well-developed and user experiences are effectively optimized
- Evaluating emerging technologies and providing effective suggestions and insights in order to ensure appropriate adoptions
- Assessing the performance of all digital campaigns and reporting updates on performance to the upper management
- Planning, implementing, and measuring experiments and conversion tests.
Digital Marketing Consultant Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a digital marketing consultant or are presently working in that role and are writing a resume for a new job, you can create the professional experience section of your resume by applying the above sample digital marketing consultant job description.
The job description example above provides the digital marketing consultant duties and responsibilities you can use to effectively describe your job or professional experience in your resume.
Digital Marketing Consultant Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as a digital marketing consultant, it is important to know that recruiters will want you to meet certain requirements, including skill, abilities, and knowledge to be hired.
This is to be sure that the people recruiters are hiring can effectively perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the digital marketing consultant role.
Shown below are major requirements that applicants for the digital marketing consultant job are commonly expected to fulfill by recruiters:
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills, as a digital marketing consultant is required to liaise with clients, colleagues, and upper management
- Up-to-date knowledge of the best practices and latest trends in online marketing and measurement
- Several years of professional working experience
- Ability to pay particular attention to details and focus on customers
- Sound computer and Internet literacy skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in fields such as communication, advertising, public relations, computer science, or marketing or in any other related discipline.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager needing to hire for the digital marketing consultant position in your organization, you will need to make a description of the role for prospective candidates to learn about the duties associated with it.
You can create a detailed description of the available digital marketing consultant job by using the sample job description provided above.
This post is also useful to individuals interested in the digital marketing consultant career to have deep knowledge of what they do.
Did this post help you learn about what digital marketing consultants do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also discuss your job description if you work as a digital marketing consultant.