This post provides detailed information on the job description of a Walmart customer service manager, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that they typically perform.
What Does a Walmart Customer Service Manager Do?
The Walmart customer service manager role is a position responsible for ensuring that Walmart offers the best customer service obtainable.
In executing his/her job description, the customer service manager is expected to know that he/she is the lifeline of Walmart, and so ensure that customers get the best service from the store.
It is a fact that businesses survive because of customer patronage, and that good customer service increases the chance of getting more patronage from the public.
The manager is expected to set the goals and objective for customer service so as to ensure that the department has a sense of direction in the pursuit of achieving the best service for Walmart’s customers.
Walmart has a customer service department, which provides a medium through which customers’ complaints, questions; queries, demands, and suggestions can be collected and used to improve customer satisfaction.
The customer service manager’s duties also include creating platforms to collect customers’ opinions, complaints, or suggestions. Such platforms may include mails, social media polls, suggestion boxes, phone calls, text messages, and face-to-face chat.
The work description of the manager also includes tasks and responsibilities, such as collecting customers’ input to the development of the Walmart business, as well as collecting customers’ queries and report of dissatisfaction.
It also includes helping customers with advice on product selection and description.
Other duties the customer service manager performs include providing training, supervision, and mentoring of all customer service staff.
He/she works with people from other Walmart departments to ensure that customer complaints and contributions are not just collected but are given urgent response.
His/her role also covers giving training to members of other departments on human relation and customer satisfaction topics, which improves the customer-staff relationship within Walmart.
Customer service managers also give responses to mails for all departments, and train other departments on how to respond to queries.
They resolve the issue of product return and customer complaint by finding out why the product is being returned and offering counsel to the customer.
Walmart Customer Service Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
To work as a customer service manager at Walmart, the following job description example shows major duties, tasks, and responsibilities you should expect to perform:
- Carry out investigation on challenges faced by customers and give appropriate solutions to the challenges
- Handle communications with customers through mediums like email, letter, phones, suggestion boxes notes, and a one-on-one interview
- Conduct recruitment and training for new workers, as well as sanction or terminate the service of erring customer service representatives
- Offer resolutions to complaints and issues concerning customer orders
- Collect information on agents and other staff performance from customers to make judgment on their performance
- Get up-to-date information about all products
- Offer refund to customers when the need arises
- Compile and print customer complaints and suggestions and present them to the appropriate authorities
- Investigate and identify the part of the Walmart that needs improvement
- Coordinate with the management on the initiatives that help improve customer service
- Take advantage of social media as a medium of responding to customer complaint
- Monitor the statistics on supports
- Handle customer concern over the price of a product and the ads
- Offer counsel to customers on their chances of getting a refund for product return
- Work with other departments in ensuring that all customer related issues are attended to.
Walmart Customer Service Manager Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success Job
Applicants seeking the job of customer service manager at Walmart will most likely be required to possess the following skills, abilities, and other qualities to be considered for the role:
- A degree in public administration, customer service or its equivalent is an advantage
- Effectiveness and proficiency in written and oral communications
- Excellence and proficiency in time management
- Good understanding of the operational strategy of departmental stores
- Proficiency in the management of resources
- Good human resource and coordinating skills
- Good listening ability and proficiency in social perceptiveness
- Good logical reasoning ability
- Experience in products retails
- Strong leadership ability, good teamwork, and excellent human relation skills
- Pre-employment tests: To be hired for this role, you may be required to take certain assessment tests to prove you have the right skills and aptitude to be highly effective on the job. Learn about job assessment tests you may likely take and how to make great scores in them.