Kroger Customer Service Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Kroger Customer Service Manager Do?
The Kroger customer service manager has the responsibility to motivate and lead a team of other customer service providers.
His/her job description entails controlling and monitoring the activities of other members of staff involved in the customer service unit of the organization.
Kroger is known for top level customer service delivery and the manager is expected to further promote and maintain this reputation for the furtherance of the organization’s business goals.
He/she should be a team leader in order to appropriately guide other members of staff in line with company’s laid down rules.
The end point is the provision of top line customer service, which will further improve customer’s confidence and promote profit making.
The customer service manager should have sound knowledge of the Kroger’s products. This way, he/she will be able to make suggestions to customers on alternative products.
He/she should also understand the policies of the company as this will enable him/her direct other members of staff in his/her department regarding obedience to company’s rules.
The manager should be able to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally to other members of the customer service team as this will promote company’s interest.
The Kroger customer service manager’s role also involves helping to build very good relationship between the company and its customers.
It is his/her duty to also listen to the complaints and suggestions from customers and relate same to the appropriate authority for resolution.
He/she controls other members of staff and delegates tasks to them. He/she is equally supposed to assess the tasks performed by these individuals to ensure they are carried out properly.
The work description of the Kroger customer service manager also entails recruiting other members of staff and providing training to them.
He/she carries out appraisal of the tasks performed by these staff members and make corrections where necessary.
The manager is expected to organize periodic meetings for members of the customer service team during which issues related to their jobs are discussed towards furtherance of customer service provision.
Members of the customer service team would bring various challenges encountered during the process of performing their tasks to such meetings and the manager is expected to proffer solutions to them.
The Kroger customer service manager is also responsible for the professional development of the customer service team.
He/she should also be involved in resolving security issues related to the company and customers.
Other duties that may be part of their job description include collecting money from customers and reporting same to the accountant, and arranging of various promotional events on behalf of the company.
Kroger Customer Service Manager Job Description Example
At Kroger, the customer service manager’s primary responsibility is to build an effective team to provide top-notch customer service delivery.
To achieve this, here is an example of job description that captures the major tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the manager in charge of customer service at Kroger:
- Accomplish objectives of the customer services
- Involve in counseling and coaching of members of the customer service team
- Control the scheduling and assigning of tasks
- Communicate expectations of the jobs at hand to the team
- Oversee the appraisal, monitoring, and planning of daily activities
- Enforce procedures and policies of the company in the team
- Develop and also complete the company’s action plan regarding customer services
- Ensure the productivity and implementation of standards in customer service provision
- Meet the financial objectives of the company via excellent customer service provisio
- Initiate any necessary corrective actions
- Evaluate and study customers’ responses towards improvement of customer service provision
- Provide top quality help desk technical advice and responses towards maximizing performance of business operation.
Kroger Customer Service Manager Resume Preparation
To secure a job at Kroger as a manager at the customer service unit, you will be expected to provide a resume that highlights your experience on the job and other attributes and qualifications that make you better suited for the role.
To help you prepare the professional experience section of your resume, where you need to state the functions you have carried out as a customer service manager, the sample job description shown above can help you do that excellently.
You only need to be certain you have actually performed those duties and responsibilities in order not to be giving false information to employers.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, Abilities – for Kroger Customer Service Manager Role
Succeeding on the job as a customer service manager at Kroger is important for your career growth and for the success of every member of your team, as well as for the company.
To achieve the much needed success in this role, here are important skills, abilities, and knowledge to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, like in Business Administration or Sales and Marketing
- Possess excellent skills at communicating verbally and also in writing
- Possess some help desk experience for easy adaptation
- Possess exceptional knowledge and ability to implement customer service standards
- Ability to analyze both written and verbal information to produce workable outcomes
- Ability to track budget expenses
- Ability to develop and execute customer service plans
- Ability to manage processes
- Ability to multitask and also organize others
- Possess top-notch problem-solving ability
- Possess top class listening skill
- Possess reliable mentoring, coaching and leadership qualities
- Ability to train and motivate others to perform better.
Kroger Customer Service Manager Skills for Resume
The above stated skills and attributes for success as manager of customer service can be adopted in writing the skills section of the resume for the position.
The stated skills have been observed to help individuals working as customer service manager to be significantly effective on the job, and so employers usually look out for them in applicants when recruiting.
Therefore, using these skills and qualities in your resume will be effective in getting the much needed employers attention to your resume.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.