Customer Relationship Management Analyst Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are seeking information about the customer relationship management (CRM) analyst job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that they perform, this post will be helpful.
What Does a Customer Relationship Management Analyst Do?
Customer relationship management (CRM) analysts are professionals who assist companies to build and maintain customer loyalty, utilizing CRM software to analyze customer data and make recommendations on sales, marketing, and customer service initiatives.
Their job description entails managing and analyzing customers’ data, such as sales records, purchasing history, and service history; product inquiries and complaints.
It also involves providing response to marketing campaigns and channeling preferences to identify trends; assessing the response to different campaigns, and providinge valuable insight into customers’ behavior and preferences at different stages of their relationship with the company.
CRM analysts are responsible for data analysis utilizing analytical skills to find correlation between different types of data and provide insight into the effectiveness of sales and marketing campaigns.
They could analyze customers’ behavior on websites to identify their preferences and tailor online offers to individual customers; or monitor responses to an email marketing campaign to identify the messages or pitch that trigger a positive response from a customer.
Their role also entails analyzing and anticipating trends of customer’s shopping behavior and consumption patterns through statistical analysis of the customer base and commercial figures in order to deliver insights into customer relationship management and a comprehensive customer life cycle for the organization.
It involves initiating CRM activities in order to increase customers’ consumption and build brand loyalty, and also assisting in developing and implementing CRM strategies.
Customer relationship management analysts are also responsible for creating reports for colleagues in sales, marketing, and customer service, to help them make more effective decisions.
They make recommendations on relationship strategies for different customer segments or for individual customers.
Their work description involves providing support to company’s internal sales and/or marketing teams as needed.
They integrate, compile, analyze, and evaluate data on sales performance metrics, including trends for products.
They are also responsible for gathering requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements and workshops; surveys, business process descriptions, cases, and scenarios; business analysis, task, and workflow analysis etc.
CRM analysts also critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details; abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
To become a CRM analyst requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or other degrees in a quantitative field.
Also, to perform the job successfully, CRM analysts require strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as statistical skills for data analysis; strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, and strong computer skills.
Customer Relationship Management Analyst Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The customer relationship management analyst performs various functions, including analyzing customer data to provide support for sales and marketing efforts, providing useful insight on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns; and helping to initiate and implement CRM initiatives that will boost brand and customer loyalty and drive consumption.
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up the CRM analyst job description are listed in the example below:
- Develop CRM activities plan for both B2C and B2B businesses in order to build customer loyalty and drive consumption
- Deliver customer insights and make recommendations by performing data analyses and post activity evaluations
- Responsible for identifying different customer profiles, and carrying out the optimization of CRM/marketing activities by defining market sectors and customer selection based on customer profiling and segmentation
- Responsible for initiating and organizing mini surveys to gather deeper customer insights on CRM related topics
- Responsible for identifying key trends and factors influencing customer behavior, like consumption and brand loyalty
- Undertake spontaneous initiation of any analysis that can generate customer insight or operational projects to add value to the customer relationship
- Conduct assessment of CRM programs, club communications, and promotional activities according to their efficiency and profitability
- Serve as a custodian of customer database, and responsible for the maintenance and management of customer data to ensure data integrity
- Provide support for local, regional and international CRM projects as applicable in the organization
- Provide timely and accurate monthly reporting of KPI
- Responsible for hands-on modeling and analysis of marketing campaigns to determine the best mix of channels and messaging
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to develop and execute campaigns that optimize customer loyalty and lifetime value
- Measure, analyze, and report performance metrics pertaining to the organizations’ loyalty program
- Provide support for the development of predictive models, customer segmentation studies, and reports
- Responsible for optimizing and measuring social media campaigns
- Develop and own customer models to predict customer response rate, customer frequency rate, customer life-time value (LTV), etc.
- Drive long-term business growth by owning the customer lifecycle, including customer acquisition; optimizing contact strategies and promotional strategy; and building loyalty
- Identify, recommend, and implement quality and efficient improvements to CRM processes.
Customer Relationship Management Analyst Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a customer relationship management analyst, you will need to possess certain qualities and qualifications to prove to employers that you will be able to perform the purpose, obligations, and objectives of the CRM analyst’s role at the company.
Here are major CRM analyst requirements recruiters may ask you to meet for your application to be accepted for interview:
- Education: Customer relationship management analysts require a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Statistics, or in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Finance, or Economics. However, an equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable depending on the recruiting organization.
- Knowledge: They require a working knowledge or experience with NetSuite or similarly-structured CRM application; HubSpot, or similar marketing automation software; experience working with web/online application/projects; experience with CRM/ database marketing and customer analytics; and 2-5 years sales operations or business development experience is required to work as a CRM analyst
- Analytical and statistical skills: They require strong analytical skills with ability to deliver insightful ideas and draw findings from figures. They must be able to undertake data analysis using advanced statistical tools such as SQL, Python, etc.
- Interpersonal skills: They require this skill to develop and build relationships
- Communication and presentation skills: They must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, as well as able to communicate quantitative information in a clear and informative manner
- Product management skills: CRM analysts require the ability to develop and manage project schedules, identify risks, and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders
- Organizational skills: They must pay attention to detail and possess the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to enable the effective management of internal and external relationships
- Leadership and teamwork abilities: They require the ability to give clear and consistent instructions to team members
- Computer skills: They must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Problem solving and decision-making skills: Customer relationship management analysts also require excellent problem solving and decision-making skills to identify risks, provide market insights, and draw valid conclusions from findings using available data.
This post is helpful to HR managers, employers, or recruiters who are hiring for the position of customer relationship management analyst for their organizations.
They can easily and conveniently create a detailed description of the CRM analyst job for their companies so that only the best candidates that have the competence to excel on the job will apply for the position.
Individuals who are interested in getting into the CRM career will also find this post helpful in learning about what customer relationship management analysts do.
Did this article help you learn about the customer relationship management analyst duties and responsibilities? Please, leave a comment in the box below. Do also discuss your job description if you work as a CRM analyst.