Walmart CAP Team Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a Walmart cap team associate, to help you learn the job that they do.
It presents the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Walmart cap team associate work description.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired for the cap team associate job at Walmart or other companies.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the Walmart cap team associate career:
What Does a Walmart CAP Team Associate Do?
A Walmart CAP (customer availability process) team associate is responsible for establishing and maintaining the accuracy of inventory for the Walmart warehouse facility.
His/her job description entails binning and picking merchandise with the utilization of inventory management system, completing bin audits, working inventory exceptions, and correcting shelf capacities.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of maintaining the presentation and/or display of merchandise by stocking and rotating merchandise, removing damaged and/or expired goods, and setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays.
His/her duties also involve labeling and pricing merchandise appropriately and making sure that fragile and high-shrink merchandise are secured.
In other words, a Walmart CAP team associate refers to one whose profession is to provide customer service when required by ensuring that the customer is acknowledged; identifying customer needs, helping customers with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, resolving customer issues, and maintaining a safe shopping environment.
The CAP team associate is responsible for receiving and stocking merchandise throughout the Walmart facility and also ensures that the backroom is well-maintained and organized.
Some of the duties that may also be executed by a Walmart CAP team associate include ensuring the organization and maintenance of inventory, providing customer service when required, and ensuring a safe working and shopping environment.
One of the core tasks that are carried out by a Walmart CAP team associate is to oversee and manage the maintenance of Walmart’s inventory.
This entails he/she utilizes a systematic approach to source, store, and sell inventory.
In other words, the CAP team associate must make sure that the right stock is available at the right levels, in the right place, and at the right time, and the right cost.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays by ensuring that he/she designs the floor layout, shelves layout, and display products in a way that optimizes sales and also provides customers an exciting shopping experience.
A Walmart CAP team associate also must examine the behavior of associates, customers, and/or suppliers, which involves paying attention to them, observing what they have done in the past, and examining the various triggers that they react to.
It also involves observing the trends in customer buying habits and the correlation between what they want and what they purchase.
The CAP team associate may also be required to maintain and organize the backroom in accordance with Walmart’s safety, cleaning, and operating procedures and guidelines, as well as utilizing equipment in the appropriate manner.
Individuals who desire to work in the Walmart CAP team associate role are usually required to possess certain skills and qualities.
These include excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good teamwork skills, as well as excellent time management skills.
Others include good decision-making skills, ability to pay particular attention to detail, and computer literacy, and good listening skill.
They are also expected to have good customer service skills, dexterity, and good physical strength and stamina, and good organizational skills.
To become a CAP team associate at Walmart, individuals are usually required to have completed High School program and awarded a diploma.
Walmart CAP Team Associate: The average salary for the CAP team associate role at Walmart, according to Indeed, is $27,238 annually.
Walmart Cap Team Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walmart CAP team associate job description typically involves the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that he/she signs and price merchandise appropriately
- Complying strictly with Walmart’s policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Assisting customers with purchasing decisions
- Finding and locating merchandise when needed
- Ensuring the proper execution of the customer inventory flow process
- Receiving, sorting, staging, and delivering merchandise
- Maintaining and organizing the backroom in accordance with Walmart’s safety, cleaning, and operating procedures and guidelines
- Appropriately utilizing warehouse equipment
- Working collaboratively with managers, co-workers, and customers, and other business vendors/partners
- Maintaining a safe shopping environment by making sure that areas are kept clean at all times.
Walmart CAP Team Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before as a CAP team associate at Walmart, it will be beneficial to your resume to add the professional experience section to it.
This section allows you to highlight the duties and responsibilities you have performed before as a CAP team associate with Walmart, which shows that you have been successful performing the role.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can have a great effect in causing the recruiter/employer to give you an interview appointment, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires having some CAP team associate work experience.
You can easily make an impactful professional or work experience section for your resume by applying the Walmart CAP team associate job description example above.
Walmart Cap Team Associate Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills for Career Success
The essential skills and qualifications required to work as a CAP team associate with Walmart or other similar companies include:
- Good teamwork skills, since he/she must work cooperatively with managers and co-workers
- Excellent time management skills
- Good decision-making skills, as he/she must make decisions on how to stock and display products
- Ability to pay particular attention to detail, since the CAP team associate must be detail-oriented to monitor and track inventory, and also locate products when needed
- Computer literacy, since the CAP team associate must be able to utilize the inventory management system
- Good customer service skills, since he/she will be required to acknowledge customers, identify their needs, and help them with purchase decisions when required
- Dexterity, as this enables the CAP team associate to utilize hand tools and other equipment efficiently
- Good physical strength and stamina, since the CAP team associate will be required to lift heavy items and also move from one place to another multiple times
- Good organizational skills to ensure that the inventory is well-maintained and organized
- At least a High School diploma, although a formal education is not a requirement.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the CAP team associate career with Walmart or other organizations, to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities of the job.
This will help them to decide if the CAP team associate job is a good fit for them or not.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to hire for the vacant CAP team associate position in their companies.
They can create a detailed description of the vacant CAP team associate role for use in finding and attracting the best candidates for the job by applying the sample Walmart CAP team associate job description shown on this page.
>> Learn about the Walmart hiring process
>> Discover 20 best Walmart work from home jobs
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.