This post provides detailed information on the job description of a Walmart backroom team associate, to help you understand the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically define the Walmart backroom team associate work description.
It also provides the major requirements you will need to fulfill to be hired for the backroom team associate position at Walmart, as well as the salary expectation for the role.
Please, read on:
What Does a Walmart Backroom Team Associate Do?
The Walmart backroom team associate is responsible for helping customers with their shopping needs. This includes assisting them in finding items on the shelves or in aisles of the store.
They may also assist customers with checking out.
A Walmart backroom team associate has a duty to help ensure that merchandise sold at Walmart is priced correctly.
If they notice an item being sold below cost, they have a duty to report it to management.
They provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers when they enter the store.
The Walmart backroom team associate job description entails carrying out cashiering duties, including ringing up sales, scanning barcodes, and taking payments from customers.
They will make sure that the store is clean and orderly. This includes sweeping floors, cleaning restrooms, and mopping floors.
The backroom team associate is in charge of stocking shelves and ensuring that all products are displayed properly.
It is also their duty to keep the store well stocked with merchandise.
As a backroom team associate at Walmart, you have to ensure that there are no problems with any of the merchandise.
You have to monitor the inventory levels of the store and make sure that the correct amount of merchandise is available.
Walmart backroom team associates help customers who need assistance locating specific items.
They perform code dating and other quality control checks on the merchandise and also carry out merchandise presentation duties such as setting up displays and arranging merchandise.
They are also responsible for signing and pricing merchandise according to the company policy, and identifying shrink and damaged merchandise and informing the manager of the issue.
Backroom team associates at Walmart secure fragile items so that they can be moved safely.
They prepare stock reports and provide information about the status of the store, and maintain the store’s cash registers and other equipment.
As a Walmart backroom team associate, you have to comply with safety rules and procedures, take inventory counts, and verify the accuracy of those counts.
You are also responsible for training new employees and monitoring the performance of current staff members, as well as making sure that club pick up orders are ready and shipped.
The backroom team associate works with suppliers to ensure the right quantity of merchandise is ordered, and also assists in the preparation of weekly schedules, and coordinates with managers to ensure that the schedule runs smoothly.
They communicate progress updates to supervisors, answer questions about the operation of the store, and handle complaints about the store.
They handle special requests for merchandise, assist customers with returns, and ensure that the store is safe and clean.
They follow the policies and procedures set forth by the company, maintain records of their activities, and complete time sheets and record hours worked each week.
Following instructions for handling and disposing hazardous waste is also a part of the job of a Walmart backroom team associate, as well as reporting accidents or injuries to management.
The backroom team associate’s duties involve helping customers find merchandise, greeting customers when entering the store, and welcoming returning customers.
Walmart Backroom Team Associate Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The job description of a Walmart backroom team associate includes the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Provide customer service in a fast-paced environment that includes serving customers with merchandise needs and answering questions about products and services
- Receive, process, pack, ship or deliver items ordered by customers
- Assist associates who work at other locations during peak hours
- Maintain accuracy of inventory records and ensure that all transactions are recorded properly
- Perform cashier functions such as counting money, scanning items, and ringing up purchases
- Assist associates in receiving and preparing shipments
- Help customers find items they need
- Answer general inquiries from customers
- Help customers use self-service checkout kiosks
- Prepare orders for shipment.
Walmart Backroom Team Associate Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a backroom team associate at Walmart or are presently working in that role and are making a new resume, then you can apply the Walmart backroom team associate job description example given above in creating an impressive Professional Experience section for your resume.
You can highlight the duties and responsibilities of a Walmart backroom team associate contained in the sample job description above in your Professional Experience, to show that you have been successful in performing the backroom team associate’s role at Walmart.
This piece of information in your resume can greatly improve your chances of being hired for the new job, especially if candidates are expected to have some work experience as a backroom team associate at Walmart or other similar companies to be effective in the new position.
Walmart Backroom Team Associate Requirements: Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a backroom team associate at Walmart or other like companies, here are major requirements that you may be asked to meet to be hired:
- Must be able to perform physical activities including bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, stooping, squatting, kneeling, reaching above shoulder level, twisting, turning, walking, standing, climbing stairs, crawling, carrying, or moving heavy objects
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand, and follow instructions
- Must be able pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Must be able lift 50 pounds maximum
- Must be able stand/sit for long periods of time without discomfort
- Must be able bend, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Must be able reach overhead and below waist level
- Must be able to see well enough to recognize colors and detail on packages, labels, boxes, etc.
- Must be able drive a vehicle safely
- Must be able operate computer equipment
- Must be able type 40 words per minute using standard keyboarding techniques.
Walmart Backroom Team Associate Salary
The average annual salary for the Walmart backroom team employee is $24,000.00 according to Glassdoor, and can range from $20,000 to $38,000.
However, there is great variation in salaries within the United States. This is due to differences in location, experience, training, education, and other factors.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the backroom team associate career at Walmart or other retailers who wants to learn what they do.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in the same industry as Walmart who are in the process of hiring for the vacant backroom team associate role in their companies.
They can create a detailed and effective job description for the position by applying the sample Walmart backroom team associate job description provided on this page.