Walgreens Customer Service Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the Walgreens customer service associate job description, to help you learn about what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the work description of the customer service associate position at Walgreens.
It also provides the major requirements you may be expected to meet to be qualified for hiring for the customer service associate role with Walgreens or other like retailers.
Please, continue reading:
What Does a Walgreens Customer Service Associate do?
A customer service associate at Walgreens helps to fulfill the company’s mission of making people’s lives a lot easier.
They provide friendly, efficient, and courteous service to customers.
Customer service associates are also responsible for customer service and cash register operations.
They are also responsible for keeping store inventory, merchandising, and maintaining store signage and displays.
Walgreens Customer Service Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The job description of the Walgreens customer service associate basically consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Models and delivers delightful and distinctive customer experience
- Provides customers with courteous, fair, friendly, and efficient checkout service and registers sales on an assigned cash register
- Engages customers and patients courteously by warmly greeting them on their arrival and offering them assistance with products and services
- Resolves customer issues and ensures a positive customer experience by answering questions
- Models and shares best customer service practices with team members to enable them deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g. eye contact, greeting, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (proactively offering help, identifying needs, etc.)
- Provides all customers with friendly, courteous, efficient, and fast service
- Recommends items for sale to customers and recommends companion and/or trade-up items
- Registers purchases of customers on cash register assigned; receive cash and give out the change as directed; processes returns, voids, exchanges, rain checks, and refunds as needed
- Keeps shelves and counters clean; takes inventory and maintains records
- Prices merchandise following the store manager or shift leader’s directive
- Implements Company asset protection procedures so as to identify and minimize profit loss
- Ensures compliance with the state and local laws with respect to regulated products like alcoholic beverages and tobacco products
- Constructs and maintains displays, for example, seasonal, promotional, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes revisions and resets as directed
- Assists with the separation of food items (e.g. raw foods from pre-cooked ones) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (like raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves). Also assists in stock rotation using the first in, first out method, and restock outs for consumable items
- Provides customer service in the photo area, which includes digital passport photo service, suggestive sale of promotional photo products, poster print and creative machine
- Assumes web pick-up responsibilities, which includes monitoring customers’ orders in Picture Care Plus and collecting and delivering orders to customers as they arrive at the store
- Assists with interior and exterior maintenance functions to ensure the store environment is always in neat and orderly condition and appearance
- Complies with all company procedures and policies whilst maintaining a respectful relationship with coworkers
- Completes special assignments and all other tasks as assigned
- Attends training and completes PPLs as requested by the manager.
Walgreens Customer Service Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked previously in the role of a customer service associate with Walgreens, or are presently working in that position, you can make an impressive Professional Experience section for the resume by utilizing the sample customer service associate job description above.
By showing in your resume that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a customer service associate with Walgreens, you can increase your chances of getting the job that you are seeking, especially if the new job requires having some customer service associate work experience to succeed in it.
Walgreens Customer Service Associate Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as a customer service associate with Walgreens or other similar companies, here are important requirements you may be expected to fulfill to be hired:
- Must be very fluent in writing, reading, and speaking English
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends and evenings
- Six months experience in a retail environment
- Prior work experience with Walgreens
- Must have a working knowledge of store equipment and systems
- Must be courteous and friendly.
If you are interested in working as a customer service associate with Walgreens or other similar retailers and want to know the work they do, then this post will be helpful to you as it provides the key duties and responsibilities usually performed by the role.
You will also find this post useful if you are a recruiter/employer needed to find and hire the best candidates for the vacant customer service associate role in your retail company.
You can apply the sample Walgreens customer service associate job description presented in this post in making a great description for the customer service associate position in your company.