Walgreens Cashier Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides detailed information on the job description of a Walgreens cashier, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that majorly make up the work description of the cashier position at Walgreens.
It also presents the important requirements that will be expected of you if you’re looking to get hired at Walgreens or any other similar companies for the role of a cashier.
Please, do continue:
What is Walgreens?
Walgreens is one of the many members of the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. and is a well-known leader both in retail and wholesale pharmacy.
It’s one of the most adored pharmacy, health and beauty companies in America, with a purpose to cater for the wellbeing and health of every community in America.
What Does a Walgreens Cashier do?
A Walgreens cashier is responsible for ensuring and maintaining outstanding customer service.
He/she is responsible for maintaining company standards and efficiently and accurately processing sales very quickly.
Cashiers at Walgreens effectively perform cash register operations and safeguards company assets.
They help in resolving customer complaints in the company and compile and keep both monetary and non-monetary reports.
Walgreens Cashier Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walgreens cashier job description usually consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Greet the customers entering Walgreens location
- Process all sale transactions by receiving payments by cash, credit cards, check, vouchers, and automatic debits
- Process merchandise exchanges and returns
- Register all customers for the Dollar Reward Savings Club card
- Answer customers’ questions, and give information on policies and procedures
- Record and compute totals of transactions
- Correctly count the money in cash drawers at the start of shifts and ensure there is sufficient change
- Issue receipts, credits, refunds, or change due to the customers
- Issue trading stamps and redeem coupons and food stamps (if applicable)
- Maintain very orderly and neat checkout areas
- Monitor checkout stations to make sure that they have sufficient cash available and that they are appropriately staffed
- Resolve complaints of customers
- Compile and maintain the non-monetary records and reports
- Stock the shelves and mark prices on items and shelves
- Recommend to customers the items for sale and also recommend companion and/or trade-up items
- Take customers to the aisle when possible and assist with OTC products
- Operate pharmacy systems to get patient prescription status
- Report prescription errors immediately to pharmacists on duty and adhere to policies and procedures of the company in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program
- Model and share best customer service practices with the entire team members to deliver a delightful and distinctive customer experience, which includes interpersonal habits like eye contact, greeting, courtesy, etc. and Walgreens service traits like needs identification, offering help proactively, servicing until satisfied, etc.
- Develop very strong relationships with the most valuable customers
- Ensure customers get courteous, efficient, and exceptional checkout service.
Walgreens Cashier Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked before or presently working in the role of a cashier at Walgreens, you can apply the sample job description above in making the Work or Professional Experience section of the resume.
By highlighting the duties and responsibilities in the sample Walgreens cashier job description above in your resume’s Professional Experience section, you will be able to convince the recruiter/employer that you have been effective performing the job of a cashier.
This piece of information can significantly increase your chances of getting the job, especially if the position you are applying for requires having some cashiering work experience with Walgreens or other similar companies.
Requirements to be considered for a Walgreens Cashier Job
If you are seeking the job of a cashier with Walgreens or other retailers in the same industry, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet:
- Must be very fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English
- Willing to work with a flexible schedule, even on weekends and in the evenings
- At least six months of experience in a retail environment is preferred
- Prior work experience at Walgreens
- Excellent skills in mathematics to properly compute and record every transaction accurately
- Very good computer skills to fill in records when necessary.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the cashier career at Walgreens or other similar company, to learn what the duties and responsibilities of the job are.
It is also useful to recruiters /employers in the retail industry who are looking to recruit the best people for a vacant cashier position in their companies.
They can apply the sample Walgreens cashier job description provided on this page in making a detailed description of the role in their organizations.