Security Supervisor Resume Writing Tips and Example
To be employed as a security supervisor, you must be able to convince the hiring manager that you possess the right set of skills, expertise and qualifications to function in that role.
To do this, you need a good security supervisor resume.
Writing a resume for the position of a security supervisor can be easy if you have the knowledge of resume writing.
However, you may hire an expert resume writer to create one for you if you have the funds to do so, or you can simply follow the tips and examples in this post and in a little while you too will be able to create a security supervisor resume that hiring managers will be happy to read.
Writing the resume, what to note:
To create a great security supervisor resume that will stand out from the crowd, it is important that you understand the job description of the security supervisor position that you are applying for.
By studying a detailed job description for the position will help you to identify the skills, qualities, and expertise the employer is expecting from their preferred candidate for the security supervisor job.
It is also important that you make your security supervisor resume very concise and grammatically flawless.
Creating a resume full of errors means it will be unreadable and so will likely be tossed into the waste can.
Also, make it short as a lengthy resume may be difficult for the hiring manager to quickly scan through since he/she may have lots of such documents to go through.
Finally, it is necessary that you present your security supervisor resume using a format that allows you the chance to sell your skills as a security personnel in an appealing manner.
A good resume layout for security supervisor application should contain at least the following four sections:
The objective section of your security supervisor resume comes first because it contains your intention to work in the advertised position.
It should also be able to convince the hirer that you possess the right set of skills required to effectively carry out the job duties associated with the security supervisor position you are gunning for.
Examples of Security Supervisor Objective Statement for Resume
- Desiring employment as a security supervisor with Diamond Security Services where expertise in crime prevention, exceptional physical dexterity, and vigilance will be fully utilized in maintaining public and private security.
- Looking for the position of a security supervisor with Fidelity Guards where profound knowledge of security procedures, clear vision, and great physical strength will be fully utilized.
Core Competence Section
The core competence section of your security supervisor resume should also be written to contain skills and qualities relevant to the position.
Each point in this section should be created using keywords related to the security supervisor position and presented in bullet points.
This helps the employer to easily and quickly go through it without missing the essential skills and qualities you’ve got to excel on the job.
It will also allow search engines to easily index your page if you are uploading your resume on the internet, for hiring managers to find it when doing a search for security supervisor resumes.
Job Experience Section
This section of your security supervisor resume should contain your work history. It is important that you include only experience related to the security supervising position you seek to obtain.
A complete job history section on your resume should bear the name of the company or security outfit and the position you occupied, the period you worked with the company, and the duties you performed.
Education and Professional Qualification Section
This section should contain your academic qualifications and other security training certifications.
Including the right set of qualifications in your resume will enhance your chances of getting an interview with the hiring manager, which will bring you closer to landing the job.
Now, let’s see how the different sections can be put together to make a great resume.
Here is a security supervisor resume template to guide you in creating your own to stand out among other applicants.
Security Supervisor Resume Example/Sample/Template
20 Hare Street, Rockford, Illinois
Home: (+2) 876-654, Cell: (+2) 984-5674
Objective: Seeking for the position of a security supervisor with Diamond Security Services where expertise in crime prevention, exceptional physical dexterity, and vigilance will be fully utilized in maintaining public and private security.
- Trained and certified in security supervisory and VIP protection
- Exceptional physical dexterity and strength
- Profound expertise in crime prevention
- Outstanding knowledge of security procedures
- Clear vision and good problem solving skills
- Familiar with all state and federal security rules
- Exceptional communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong expertise in monitoring CCTV cameras and security control rooms.
Lifeguard Security, Chicago, Illinois
2002 – 2006
- Coordinated a team of security of security guards in daily operation
- Scheduled security guards and provided each guard with job duties before each shift
- Trained newly recruited security guards on procedures
- Ensured the proper installation and working of security equipment such as CCTV cameras
- Monitored and maintained security equipment
- Monitored and maintained security control and access control rooms.
Zenith Security, Chicago, Illinois
1999 – 2001
- Patrolled work area to dissuade criminals and intruders from invading the premises
- Guarded the entrance of the premises against intruders or criminals
- Stopped visitors from entering prohibited areas within the premises
- Ensured proper installation and working of security equipment
- Responded to security alarms and distress calls
- Maintained log for incoming and outgoing visitors
- Maintained record of security activities and work schedules.
Education and Professional Qualification
- St. Louis High School, Long Island, New York, High School Diploma, 1997
- Training and Certification in Security Supervisory and VIP Protection, 2001.
The process of getting a job as a security supervisor begins with having a good resume. Your resume should be able to assure hiring managers that you will provide immense value to their operations for them to want to discuss the job prospects better with you in an interview.
Learning how to make a great security supervisor resume by using the tips and examples provided in this post is therefore the right thing to do to succeed in landing the desired job.
Did you find this post useful in writing an effective resume for the security supervisor job? Please make your comment in the box below. You may also share other best resume writing tips that have worked for you.
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.