Restaurant Manager Resume Writing Tips and Example
To be employed as restaurant manager, you need to prepare a resume, not just any resume but a really good one to help you effectively convey your intention and expertise to the hiring manager.
An effective restaurant manager resume should be targeted at the particular employer you want to work with.
Steps in Writing a Good Restaurant Manager Resume
To create a great resume, you need to understand the need of the hiring company for that particular restaurant manager position so that your resume will be created with that in mind.
Good knowledge of the job description of the particular restaurant manager position you want to obtain will help you to write a resume bearing the right set of skills, qualifications, and expertise so that your resume will appeal to the hiring manager.
Another important aspect to bear in mind in creating an effective resume is choosing a layout that will allow you to make your resume in a convincing and attractive manner.
A good layout for your restaurant manager resume should be able to make the reader fall in love with the resume immediately they pick it up to read.
The sections should be well-formatted and highlighted to call the attention of the reader to every part and information included in the resume.
Again, your restaurant manager resume must be created in a few words as possible. Most hiring managers have limited time to go through piles of resumes, so, if yours must be read, it should be concise and straight to the point.
To make sure that your restaurant manager resume is effective, do not make the mistake of excluding any of the sections below:
Resume Objective Section
If your aim is to create an effective restaurant manager resume, then, you must start your resume with a detailed objective statement.
This statement should be a concise but detailed declaration of your career aims and intention to work with the company, along with expertise that will help you perform effectively as a restaurant manager.
See examples of objective statements to make the explanation clearer:
Examples of Restaurant Manager Objective Statement for Resume
- To obtain the position of a restaurant manager with Marriot Restaurant, utilizing extensive knowledge of hospitality management and operations, splendid customer care, leadership, and communication skills.
- Seeking the position of a restaurant manager with Brass Restaurant, utilizing outstanding skills in guest and staff management, keen eye for innovation and outstanding hospitality business skills.
Core Competence Section
Next to the objective section is the core competence section that accommodates all relevant skills, expertise, qualifications, and qualities you have to offer as a restaurant manager.
Make sure that this section of your resume is started with sub-heading clearly highlighted in bold letters while the points are presented in neat bullet points.
Job Experience Section
Following the core competence section should be the job experience section that will highlight the companies or restaurants you worked with before.
Most companies will be more interested in hiring a candidate with hands-on experience to work as restaurant manager.
So, this is a very important section of your restaurant manager resume.
Educational and Professional Qualification Section
The level of academic qualification, professional trainings, and certifications/membership are all considered by hiring managers while assessing candidates’ suitability for any position.
So, if you have acquired any academic qualification or professional training, highlighting them in your resume will improve your chances of getting invited for an interview.
If you are still confused as to how to go about creating a targeted restaurant manager resume, the example below will make it clearer to you.
So, feel free to edit the restaurant manager resume template below to match the job you are seeking for.
Restaurant Manager Resume Example/Sample/Template
43 Cap Street, Maitland, Florida
Home: (+1) 091-2258, Cell: (+2) 092-3611
Objective: To obtain the position of a restaurant manager with Marriot Restaurant, utilizing extensive knowledge of hospitality management and operations, splendid customer care, leadership and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of hospitality management and operations
- Splendid customer care, leadership, and communication skills
- Keen eye for innovation that will improve guest service
- Outstanding skills in guest and staff management
- Outstanding marketing and hospitality business skills
- Exceptional organization, scheduling, and multitasking skills
- Strong statistical, numerical and analytical skills.
Grand Restaurant, Maitland, Florida
2012 – 2015
Ocean View Restaurant
- Managed the restaurant’s budget, vendors, payroll and general administration
- Planed and organized promotional and marketing events that improved sales
- Coordinated the activities of the restaurant’s staff
- Ensured that the restaurant environment is always neat and tidy
- Interviewed, recruited, and trained restaurant workers
- Conducted inventory control.
Educational and Professional Qualification
- Florida State University, Maitland, Florida, Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management, 2012.
The job of a restaurant manager is usually competitive that you need a good resume to improve your chances of getting an interview with employers.
Writing a great resume entails the ability to communicate certain information, including skills, expertise, and experience about yourself in an effective manner to recruiters.
You can learn how to make a good resume for the restaurant manager position by applying the tips and template provided in this post.
Did you learn something to help you make great resumes for vacant restaurant manager positions? Do share your thought about this post in the comment box below.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.