Burger King Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The hiring process at Burger King involves several stages, including the job application and interview processes that you must complete successfully to be employed by the Company.
Please, continue reading to learn about the Burger King recruitment process and increase your chances of gaining employment with the Company:
Burger King Company Overview
Burger King, commonly abbreviated as “BK”, is a multinational chain of hamburger fast food restaurants.
It’s an American company founded in the year 1953, with the initial name – insta-Burger King.
A year after the beginning of its operation as insta-Burger King, the company experience serious financial problems, and was sold afterwards to two men based in Miami – James McLamroe and David Edgerton who renamed it as “Burger King”.
Currently, Burger King has new owners, and it is now one of the world’s largest restaurants in terms of revenue, employees, and locations.
Burger King is not engaged in the sales of burger only, as its name implies. The company deals with sales of various types of snacks and beverages, in order to meet the demands of customers.
Thousands of individuals are currently employed to this large American establishment, and it is granting employment to competent individuals.
The Burger King Hiring Process
Burger King usually hires new employees by applying a process, which consists of the following stages:
- The Job Application Process
Submitting an application to Burger King is the first step to take when applying for a job. There are application forms at most of Burger King locations, but it is highly recommended by the company to make your application online, which is done on their official website.
Simply visit the website, click careers and then Apply Now. You will be given a single page application form to fill-in your personal information such as name, mobile number, and house address; work history and your availability.
Click on the submit button as soon as you are done filling the form.
During the online application, you will also choose your job category, position, and the location that is close to where you reside.
Burger King online application can be done effortlessly in minutes, unlike those of other fast food or retail companies.
2. Assessment Test
Burger King offers various assessment tests as part of the hiring process, and these tests are conducted depending on the position you applied for.
Most times, the assessment comprises of two types of tests; mathematical reasoning and verbal reasoning tests.
Both the usual and higher mathematical reasoning tests include numerical reasoning charts (such as table and graph questions) and some sufficiency questions.
Moreover, it is highly recommended to acquaint yourself with specific formulas that will aid you in passing the higher stages of the mathematical reasoning tests.
The tests conducted during this assessment will help the assessors know if you are able to effortlessly and correctly analyze and solve problems with the use of numerical/statistical data, and if you are also able to make logical deductions.
Note: most of the minor positions at Burger King may not participate in this assessment test, but undergo a different type of screening process.
3. Interview Process
Burger King interviews an applicant after he or she has passed the assessment test/screening process.
According to several former employees, the interview process is pretty easy, straight forward, and brief.
The interview would be mainly based on your work ethic, experiences with customer service, and your passion to evolve in the company.
The duration of the interview varies, depending on the role. Some interviews might last for a few hours, while others might take up to an hour to conduct.
During the Burger King interview, here are some questions that are frequently asked:
- Why do you want to be a Burger King staff?
- Is there any tangible reason why I should hire you?
- How can you deal with a customer that is unhappy due to the order they made?
- How well do you know our company?
Your answers to the interview questions should be provided quickly and specifically. You also need to prepare solidly for the interview, since it is the last part of the hiring process and your employment depends on it as well.
Here are some tips to aid your preparation for the interview:
- Be prepared to answer questions concerning the beginning of your career.
- It is advised to carry your resume along with you when going for the interview.
- Your outfit for the interview mustn’t be suit; you just need to appear modest.
- Research about Burger King to know the uncommon facts about the company.
- Prepare very significant questions to ask the interviewer, since you might be asked to do so.
4. Burger King Orientation Process
Burger King normally offers a compulsory orientation to newly employed individuals. The orientation process is being conducted to educate the new employees on their role and then the company’s culture.
The process involves intensive learning by watching videos and practicing your role afterwards.
Moreover, some employees feel the orientation process is very stressful due to the duration (4 to 6 hours). But the orientation is what certifies you as a Burger King staff.
How Long Does Burger King Hiring Last?
Getting a call of employment from Burge King after the interview strongly depends on your performance during the interview.
If you are able to convince the interviewers that you are very suitable for the job, you might just get hired on the spot or a few days later.
However, most applicants usually get recruited two weeks or more after participating in the interview. You will be called to fill out paperwork and decide on the date to begin the job.
Burger King Jobs and Careers
Burger King offers various jobs and careers that applicants can access,, but here are the most prominent ones:
- Assistant manager: This role is responsible for managing team members and drivers who make deliveries, and performs the usual function of the restaurant as well. The employee is also in charge of the restaurant whenever the general manager is absent.
- General Manager: This employee is responsible for managing a single restaurant and the whole staffs within. He or also makes adjustment to the business practices at the store and ensures that customers are given a satisfactory service.
- Team member: This individual is responsible for meeting the request of customers from their entry into the restaurant until they take their leave. He or she also cleans the store, receives orders, and makes food and drinks, as well as respond to other needs that arise.
- Hourly shift coordinator: This role is responsible for managing delivery drivers and team members throughout an assigned shift. He or she might also take on supervisory position whenever management is absent.
- Delivery driver: This employee does most of the duties of a team member, but also delivers catering orders to customers.
What to Expect Working at Burger King
Burger king is generally a good place to find employment. Many individuals who have been employed have several good things to say about the company.
Burger King pays good wages more than some other related companies.
There are easy instructions and guidelines to follow when performing your tasks, and fellow employees are willing to render assistance if you are clueless about work-related duties.
But sometimes, there can be intolerable working hours, which seems very stressful for employees.
Also, Burger King is said to have some managers who are rude and inconsiderate.
If you are interested in working at Burger king and desire to know what the hiring process entails, this post will be helpful to you.
You will be able to make the right job applications to Burger King and succeed in the interview by applying the ideas shared on this page.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.