Bealls Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The hiring process at Bealls involves various stages, including the job application and interview processes that individuals seeking employment at the company will need to complete.
Please, read on to learn about the Bealls recruitment process and increase your chances of getting employed by the Company:
Bealls Company Overview
Bealls Inc. is a large retail corporation in the United States, founded by Robert M. Beall at age 22 in the year 1915 at Bradenton, Florida.
The company began as a dry wood store, and was named The Dollar Limit, since it sold nothing for over a dollar.
About five years later, the business began to thrive, and Mr. Beall renamed the store The Five Dollar Limit.
However, that didn’t last long. Mr. Beall fell into debts and had to lose his business to the bank. Luckily for him, he was able to save up and repurchase the business.
Currently, Bealls has new owners, and it is one of the establishments thriving in the retail business. The company now comprises of three chains; Bealls outlet stores, Bealls store and Bunulu.
The Bealls Hiring Process
To hire for available positions, Bealls normally follows a process that enables it to find and hire the best candidates.
The Bealls hiring process consists of the following stages:
- The Job Application Process
Applying for a job at Bealls, especially if it’s a retail position, can be easily done by walking into any of the Bealls store within your reach and then have a discussion with the manager concerning the job.
However, the company itself recommends and prefers an online application, which is done on Bealls career website.
If you are applying for the first time, you will have to create an applicant profile before making your application.
Creating an applicant profiles requires a password, username, resume and some other important details.
After creating your profile, search for your preferred position and apply for it. Moreover, the application will demand for details relating to your previous workplace; this would include address, mobile number, business name, and your previous direct supervisor’s name.
2. Assessment Test
An assessment test is not officially part of Bealls hiring process. The recruiters have a way of screening applicants before inviting them for an in-person interview.
As an applicant, you will be notified to participate in any necessary screening process before you can proceed in the hiring process.
3. Interview Process
At Bealls, applicants are being interviewed individually. An applicant normally sits face-to-face with a single recruiting manager or a board of two managers sometimes.
The interview is mainly a question and answer session conducted in less than a day.
But sometimes, a very significant position such as managerial positions would spend about one week for an interview, due to various interview sessions with different hiring personnel.
Furthermore, the job interview is based on the job’s potential responsibilities, customer service, company history, work environment, and salary expectation.
Some of the frequently asked Bealls interview questions include:
- Name two things you have been told by former employers to work on as a professional.
- How well do you relate with colleagues and customers?
- Tell me about a time you resolved a customer’s problem in respect to purchased products?
- What do you know about Bealls?
- Do you think you are hard working personnel?
Your success at the interview strongly depends on how you prepare for it. Even though some employees feel it’s quite easy, it is highly recommended to prepare solidly for it.
Here are some tips to aid your preparations for the interview:
- Conduct a thorough research about the company prior to the interview.
- Be prepared to give two or three examples of how you professionally handled a customer’s problem.
- Dress appropriate for the interview. Wearing something unsuitable might affect your performance.
- Try as much as possible to answer questions briefly, and do not wear a timid countenance.
4. Bealls Orientation Process
Bealls conducts a pretty brief orientation for newly employed candidates before they can properly begin the job.
It’s a learning process that involves watching educative videos, touring the work environment, reading, and signing some paperwork.
After this learning process that typically last 45 minutes to one hour, employees will be acquainted with their roles and the company’s culture/policy.
Every participant of the orientation will be contacted in two or three days to officially begin the job.
How Long Does Bealls Hiring Last?
The entire Bealls hiring process takes more than a month to conclude, including the interview process.
In spite of so many complaints from applicants about not getting a response from Bealls after the interview, several candidates have gotten a call to start working just a few days after their interview.
Managerial candidates don’t usually get an immediate response after the interview, but retail positions can be employed on the spot, provided they performed excellently well during the interview.
Bealls Jobs and Careers
The jobs and careers available at Bealls are numerous, but here are some of the most important ones:
- Sales associate: This position is responsible for ensuring that customers have a very good experience patronizing the retail store. The role assists customers and provides answers to some of their enquiries concerning products.
- Retail store supervisor: This role collaborates with sales associate to guarantee a positive customer shopping experience. It is also responsible for maintaining store standards and procedures whenever the retail store manager is not present.
- Retail store manager: This position recruits and hires new team members, in order to increase the result of sales and customer retention.
- Department store shoe lead: This employee is responsible for interacting with customers extensively, to ensure very good experience. He or she will also have a responsibility in maintaining the displays of shoe and pricing in the store.
- Store maintenance technician: This employee is responsible for repairing and maintaining store equipment, as well as air conditioning systems and registers.
- Customer care associate: This employee assists customers using various methods of communications. He or she also helps to drive sales and resolve customers’ worries.
- Beauty consultant: This employee assists customers in making their choice of cosmetics. He or she will also render assistance to increase sales numbers, and then guarantee the satisfaction of customers.
What to Expect Working at Bealls
Being an employee at Bealls is a pleasant experience most times. An as employee, you will receive some benefits such as sick leave, healthcare options, 401(K) retirement accounts and many more.
The company has a very good management who are ready to provide the needful for employees to perform their duties efficiently. Good wages are also paid, unlike some other retail companies.
However, as a retail company, employees usually encounter difficult customers who are very rude as a result of employees not meeting their needs.
There are also slow colleagues who feel it’s not necessary to assist other fellow workers with things they have no knowledge about.
If you are looking to start a career in the retail industry, you might want to check out Bealls.
This post provides useful information about the company’s employment process and ideas to help you come out successful landing a job there.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.