Accounting Technician Lead Job Description Example
The accounting technician lead carries out complicated and reliable accounting aid and administration duties in processing and classifying accounting operations.
His/her job description includes harmonizing and maintaining designated accounts, as well as engaging in evaluating, computation and verification of information and data to prepare designated accounting and financial reports.
An individual performing the role of the leader of the accounting technician team is obligated to carry out these duties in a precise and prompt manner with regards to legal prerequisites and excellent financial management standards and procedures.
He/she will be responsible for offering daily training, guidance, supervision and leadership to designated technicians or other support personnel.
The work of an individual occupying the lead accounting technician position is distinguished from other accounting technicians in the performance of more intricate functions needing advanced technician accounting support skills and conversance with a variety of codes, status, procedures, laws and policies.
The duties of this position is also distinguished in the ability to comprehend and apply expert accounting terms, theories, principles and practices in management and reassessment of financial reports, operations and records.
An accounting technician lead heads the work of harmonizing accounting systems or organizing ledgers, automated spreadsheets and ledgers or earmarking budget inclination and suggesting budget adjustments.
This position may as well be in charge of visiting other locations to aid subordinate level fiscal accounts technicians in instructing, rectifying intricate issues and executing new procedures.
Employees in this category of work assigns, evaluates, authorizes the work of other subordinate accounting staff.
Accounting Technician Lead Job Description Example
The job description example below shows the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities, which most leaders of accounting technician teams usually perform.
- Offer lead guidance to designated accounting support personnel in areas of coaching and monitoring daily work performance of the designated personnel
- Evaluate finished tasks of personnel for completeness, preciseness, and conformance with principles and prerequisites
- Carry out performance assessments, clarify procedures and policies to staff through training procedures or other methods
- Investigate and give suggestions on procedures, enhanced systems, and policies in relation to aspects of responsibilities
- Make use of spreadsheet programs and computer database applications, as well as retrieve, verify, enter, post, and handle diverse contemporary to complex financial reports, accounting and financial data and information
- Consolidate, initiate, and distribute necessary researches, and reports; and provide solutions to data errors, which may need connecting with IT personnel, line departments, or other clients
- Establish, update, distribute, and review diverse spreadsheets, and reports; as well as verify, and calculate information and data from varied sources
- Evaluate and audit reports; look out for discrepancies and inform the supervisor or other suitable authority; and guarantee that problems receive the appropriate solution.
The job description shown above for an individual working as an accounting technician lead can be used in making a resume that can win a job interview for the position.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – for the position of an Accounting Technician Lead
The accounting technician lead will be obligated by employers in a contemporary organization to possess the following qualifications and skills as criteria for hiring:
- Possession of high school certificate from a valid institute with four years fiscal accounting exposure, with three of the years in a reconciling accounting system
- Excellent researching, observing, and interpretation skills, with ability to classify uncommon and intricate transactions requiring special modifications
- Outstanding skills in carrying out audits, observations, and interpretation of intricate reconciliations requiring corrective entries in the accounts
- Excellent knowledge of organizing reports, batches, schedules, statements, and relative analysis with documents involving comprehensive knowledge of complex systems, account relationships and their constituents
- Outstanding knowledge and mastery of accounting procedures and methods
- Sufficient knowledge on account relationships in a comprehensive, intricate account framework.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.