Hospital Pharmacy Technician Resume Writing Tips and Example
If your aim is to create a good hospital pharmacy technician resume that will help you convince your potential employer, then, the information on this page will assist you in doing just that.
Seeking a career in pharmacy can be very exciting as well as challenging, especially when you are interested in working as a hospital pharmacy technician.
Therefore, to secure this job, you need to convince a recruiter that you are qualified and capable of handling the duties that come with the specific hospital pharmacy technician position advertised for.
One of the things to do to convince a recruiter to give you a chance for a vacant position is to prepare a great resume that will be irresistible to them.
Doing this could be difficult if you do not know how to go about it. However, you need not be an expert to create a convincing resume for a hospital pharmacy technician position.
The following steps will guide you:
Steps to writing a good hospital pharmacy technician resume
The first rule to observe when creating your resume for this position is to choose a resume format that will accommodate the key sections you intend including in your resume.
Then, it is also important that you understand the job description of the hospital pharmacy technician position that you seek so as to create your resume to fit the expectations of the hiring hospital.
Finally, make sure that your resume is well-spaced, concise, and free of grammatical and spelling errors.
Now, the explanations below will help you understand how to go about creating each section of the resume:
The objective section of your hospital pharmacy technician resume should be a short description of your interest in the position and the expertise, qualifications and experience you are bring on board.
In this section, the recruiter will be expecting to see only a short statement and not a story of your life. So, endeavor to keep it short.
See what objective statements for your hospital pharmacy technician resume may look like:
Examples of Hospital Pharmacy Technician Objective Statement for Resume
- Applying for the position of a hospital pharmacy technician with Springfield Central Hospital where vast experience in pre-packaging of medications, prescription preparation, and maintenance of IV rooms will be useful in running a smooth pharmacy unit for the hospital.
- Seeking a hospital pharmacy technician position at Green Health Clinic where strong understanding of unit dose system, stock ordering, and medical terminology will be fully utilized.
The two examples of objective statements above are written to assist you in creating a perfect objective section for your hospital pharmacy technician resume.
In accordance with the tips given earlier, each statement is written to specifically highlight the demands of the hiring hospitals. In addition, they are concise.
Core Competence Section
The core competence section should contain only skills, personal qualities, and expertise relevant to the hospital pharmacy technician job that you are looking for.
These information will enable the recruiter identify whether your skills match with the demands of the pharmacy technician position in the hospital or not.
Job Experience Section
When writing a hospital pharmacy technician resume, do not fail to include the job experience section.
In this section, you should highlight your previous work experience as a pharmacy technician in a hospital if you have worked in that capacity before.
Even if you are seeking for your first job after graduation, including your internships and clinical postings can be very useful.
The job experience section of your resume should highlight the hospitals or pharmacies you have worked for as a technician or as an intern.
It should also include the period you worked with each employer and the pharmacy technician duties that you performed.
Education and Professional Qualification Section
This section of your resume should contain a detailed summary of your educational qualifications and professional training and licensure.
It is important that you arrange your educational qualifications in reverse chronological order so that the last qualification acquired comes first.
Now, let’s create a sample hospital pharmacy technician resume using the guidelines above to help you in making your own resume and be sure that it is good enough to get you an interview.
Hospital Pharmacy Technician Resume Example/Sample/Template
12 Bush Street, Chicago, Illinois
Home: (+2)546-654, Cell: (+2)545-65543
Objective: Applying for the position of a hospital pharmacy technician with Springfield Central Hospital where vast experience in pre-packaging of medications, prescription preparation, and maintenance of IV rooms will be useful in running a smooth pharmacy unit for the hospital.
- Hands-on experience in pre-packaging medications and prescription preparation
- Outstanding knowledge of unit dose system and stock ordering
- Strong understanding of medical and pharmacology terminologies
- Ability to follow medical instructions and established best pharmacy practices
- Hands-on experience in maintenance of IV rooms
- Strong relationship, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Attentive and ability to multitask effectively.
Great Clinic, Rockford, Illinois
Hospital Pharmacy Technician
2005 – 2010
- Prepared and packaged medication prescriptions
- Maintained accurate record of prescription on a computer system
- Labeled drugs and managed inventory of medications
- Ensured that the IV rooms are always neat and tidy
- Explained prescriptions and effects of medications to patients
- Assisted in the procurement of drugs from pharmaceutical companies.
- Illinois State College, Rockford, Illinois, Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacology, 2004.
- Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT).
If you are desirous of being called for an interview for a pharmacy technician job at a hospital, then you need to work on having a great resume.
Your resume must be able to effectively present your skills and experience to employers for them to want to invite you to an interview.
The tips and examples presented in this post will surely help in improving your resume writing skills, and ultimately increasing your success at job hunting.
How has this post helped you in writing a good pharmacy technician resume for a hospital job? Please make your comment in the box below; you can also share resume writing ideas that have worked for you.
You will also like: