Head Cashier Resume Writing Tips and Example
To win interview offer when gunning for the position of a head cashier in any company, it is important that you write a resume worthy of being read or scanned as the case may be.
If you want to win the heart of the recruiting officer, it is also important that you make the hiring process less tedious for him or her. However, you should not do this at your expense. If you create a crappy piece of resume, the hiring manager will be quick to bin it.
So, to help you win the heart of the recruiting officer, the content of this article will guide you in writing a compelling head cashier resume.
What to note when making a resume
When creating a resume, it is necessary to choose a resume format that can suit the position you are applying for.
In this case, a functional resume format will be the better suited for a head cashier application. Such a resume must bear the four key sections to be discussed later in this article.
Again, it is important that you utilize knowledge of the head cashier job description provided by the hiring company to create a resume for the position that is specifically targeted at the particular company you wish to work with.
Then, the final task in creating a compelling head cashier resume should be to proof read your document so as to eliminate any error in grammar or spelling.
Now that we have gotten the tips on how to go about creating a convincing head cashier resume, it is important that we also consider how each section of the resume is created.
The career objective section of your head cashier resume should be designed to inform the hiring manager of your intention to work with the company they are recruiting for and give a brief overview of who you are and the value you offer.
Make sure that it is specifically created using cashiering keywords related to the head cashier position that you are gunning for, and do not forget to keep this section limited to only one or two sentences.
Here are examples of what your objective statement should look like:
Head Cashier Objective Section Examples for Resume
- Seeking the position of a head cashier with Standard Stores where vast experience `working in customer service and cashiering positions, and outstanding skills in cash register management will be fully utilized.
- Seeking the position of a head cashier with Lenovo Inc. where over 7 years’ experience as a cashier, outstanding leadership and customer service skills, and strong numerical skills will be fully utilized.
The inclusion of the companies’ name in the two examples shows that the statements are specifically created for the vacant head cashier position in each company.
In addition, the skills, qualities, and experiences highlighted are to convince each hiring manager of the applicant’ expertise, and must be in consonant with the head cashier job demand.
Core Competence Section
The aim of including this section in your resume should be to inform the recruiting manager that you possess the right set of skills required to perform in that particular head cashier position.
A good core competence section should be a combination of personal qualities, skills, experience, and expertise necessary to discharge your duties as a head cashier.
However, you must limit the set skills to be included to only those relevant to the particular position that you are applying for.
Job Experience Section
Since the position of a head cashier is particularly one that requires some experience, the recruiter will be looking to see the companies you have worked with and the cashiering duties you performed.
Education and Professional Qualification Section
Generally, most cashiers are high school diploma holders. However, the hiring company is at liberty to decide the expected academic qualification from their ideal candidates for a head cashier position.
So, make sure that you are academically fit to apply for the position advertised before creating a resume.
Then, if you are qualified, make sure your qualifications are presented in a manner that will attract the attention of the recruiter to this very important section of a head cashier resume.
Having seen and discussed the various sections you may include in your head cashier resume that will make it effective in winning you an interview, here is a complete sample resume for the role to increase your understanding of how to make a good resume for the post.
Head Cashier Resume Example/Sample/Template
109 Cap Street, Honolulu, Hawaii
Home: (+1) 892-1234, Cell: (+1) 098-2345
Objective: Seeking the position of a head cashier with Standard stores where vast experience `working in customer service and cashiering positions, and outstanding skills in cash register management will be fully utilized.
- Vast experience working in customer service and cashiering position
- Personable and approachable demeanor
- Strong ability to communicate effective with customers and co-workers
- Strong ability to multitask and organize effectively
- Proficient in cash register and cash management
- Strong ability to perform numerical computations quickly
- Personable and approachable demeanor
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications.
Kinson Stores, Honolulu, Hawaii
2008 – Present
- Monitor and coordinate the work of all cashiers
- Plan, schedule, and communicate daily tasks to other cashiers, and ensure timely completion of assignments
- Check the cash register of each cashier at the end of every shift
- Accept cash from customers and facilitate credit card payment
- Evaluate the performance of cashiers and recommend for appraisals
- Receive and handle customers’ inquiries, complaints, and suggestions
- Prepare periodic reports and submit to managers
- Ensure that customers are promptly attended to.
- Honolulu College, Honolulu, Hawaii, Associate degree in Economics, 2001.
Having a great resume when seeking a job, including that of the head cashier, is crucial to getting it.
This post shows you how to make a good resume for the cashier leader job, as well as providing a resume template that you can apply in quickly make one for yourself when you need to send a resume for a new head cashier job.
Did you find this post helpful to creating a great resume for the head cashier job? Please give your comment in the box below. You may also share other tips that have helped you in making good resumes for the role.
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.