Walmart Warehouse Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a Walmart warehouse associate, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Walmart warehouse associate job description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired for the warehouse associate job at Walmart or other companies.
Please, read on to improve your knowledge of the Walmart warehouse associate career:
What Does a Walmart Warehouse Associate Do?
A Walmart warehouse associate is responsible for assisting with the company’s warehouse operations by overseeing and/or handling the receipt, input, sorting, loading, and unloading of products, items, or merchandise.
His/her job description may also include carrying out a variety of warehouse activities such as processing, packaging, and shipping orders correctly, ensuring the proper organization of stock and maintenance of inventory, and inspecting products to check for defects and damages.
In other words, a Walmart warehouse associate refers to one whose job involves receiving, processing, and shipping in and out of stock and materials.
He/she makes sure that the warehouse is well-maintained, organized, and always neat.
The warehouse associate is responsible for executing various warehouse duties to support and enhance Walmart’s operations.
Some of the duties that may be executed by a Walmart warehouse associate include ensuring the maintenance of inventory, organizing stocks, and carrying out operations in adherence to Walmart’s procedures and regulations
One of the core tasks that are carried out by a Walmart warehouse associate is to accurately process, package, and ship orders.
This involves picking, packing, and ensuring that packed items are delivered either to a shipping carrier or directly to the customer (if assigned to do so since the efficient processing of orders is one of the key duties of order fulfillment).
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of making sure that stocks are organized and inventory is well-maintained by ensuring that the right stocks are available in the right place, at the right time, and the right cost.
He/she comes up with efficient and effective ways to minimize cost by informing the warehouse manager on when to restock the inventory based on normal usage rates.
A Walmart warehouse associate also has to inspect products and/or merchandise, which involves examining goods to ensure that they comply with Walmart’s specifications and requirements.
He/she checks for damages or defects and verify the wholeness of the appearance, construction, and functions of products or merchandise.
A Walmart warehouse associate is also required to perform his/her duties in strict compliance with Walmart’s safety and hygiene regulations, and also contribute suggestions on ways to enhance and optimize warehousing procedures.
To be hired for the warehouse associate role, individuals must have certain skills and qualities, such as excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good teamwork skills.
Others are excellent time management skills, ability to pay particular attention to detail, and dexterity; strong mechanical skills, good physical strength and stamina, and decision-making skills; and good organizational skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, individuals interested in working in the Walmart warehouse associate role are expected to have a college degree in a relevant area such as supply management.
Walmart Warehouse Associate Salary: The average salary for a Walmart warehouse associate, according to Ziprecruiter, is $28,870 annually.
Walmart Warehouse Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walmart warehouse associate job description entails the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Gathering items in a specified quantity before shipment to satisfy customers’ orders
- Sorting and separating items according to their destination
- Tagging and labeling merchandise
- Executing various warehouse duties to support and enhance Walmart’s operations
- Taking note of the exact arrival and departure times for shipments and recording them
- Recording and managing all impaired and/or damaged merchandise
- Strictly adhering to Walmart’s safety and hygiene regulations
- Counting stock and keeping an accurate and up-to-date record of inventory
- Operating stock management tools, such as a forklift, when required.
Walmart Warehouse Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV and have worked before in the position of a warehouse associate at Walmart, you can boost your resume by showing that work experience in its professional experience section.
By adding the professional or work experience section to your resume or CV, you can show that you have been effective in performing the duties and responsibilities of a warehouse associate by applying the Walmart warehouse associate job description example above.
By giving this information in your resume, you can significantly increase your chances of being offered an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires having some work experience as a warehouse associate.
Walmart Warehouse Associate Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – for Career Success
The essential skills and qualifications that are required to work as a warehouse associate with Walmart or other similar companies include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as these enable a warehouse associate to interact efficiently with warehouse managers, co-workers, and shippers, as well as engaging with people in person, on the phone, via email, letter, and any other means of communication
- Good problem-solving skills, since a warehouse associate will be required to utilize his/her reasoning skills to solve difficult problems
- Excellent time management skills, as he/she will be required to carry out and complete assigned tasks within a given deadline to be productive and effective
- Ability to pay particular attention to detail, as this enables a warehouse associate to be accurate and avoid errors that might cost the company
- Strong organization skills, since he/she will be tasked with overseeing the inventory of products and this task requires him/her to be highly organized and arrange products according to the standards of his/her employer
- Decision-making skills, as these enable a warehouse associate to make quick and effective decisions and also implement critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- At least a College degree in Supply Chain Management, although a formal education is not a requirement for the warehouse associate position.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the warehouse associate career with Walmart or other similar retailers.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the warehouse associate duties and responsibilities to decide rightly if that is the job they want to do.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to find and hire the best candidate for the vacant warehouse associate position in their companies.
They can apply the sample Walmart warehouse associate job description provided on this page in making a detailed description of the vacant warehouse associate position for use in the recruitment process.
>> Learn about the Walmart hiring process
>> Discover 20 Best Walmart Work from Home Jobs
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.