This post provides in-depth information on the job description of a Walmart customer host, to help increase your understanding of what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly define the Walmart customer host work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be asked to fulfill if you are seeking the job of a customer host job with Walmart or other similar retailers, as well as the expected salary for the role.
Please, read on:
What Does a Walmart Customer Host Do?
The Walmart customer host is responsible for helping guests check out faster in the customer service desk.
Their duty is to check guests in to the store and keep them updated on current promotions, events, and offers by using a special scanner.
They help guests find their items by using an interactive map to locate where their item can be found on the ground floor of the store.
The Walmart customer host job description entails providing help or direction to customers on how to find an item in the store.
They provide the best customer service, follow the company policies, and make sure customers are satisfied.
It is the responsibility of the host to greet customers at the customer service desk and make sure guest have a pleasant experience by making their day better in every way possible.
They are also responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy appearance at the front customer service desk.
If a guest has lost an item, the host is to use the guest’s phone to call the lost and found department.
The host should provide guests with sign language and voice description if necessary, so that all customers can be provided with the best service possible.
Walmart customer host deliver amazing service in their store to their customers, doing the best job possible at the customer service desk so that customers feel welcome and comfortable in the store.
Their duties also include setting up and breaking down displays, making sure items are facing forward, straightening all items on display, and making sure everything is displayed properly in the store.
If any guest has lost an item or had a bad experience with a purchase, they should be offered a refund or exchange so that they feel reassured that they were treated right.
The Walmart customer host is responsible for making sure all guests are informed about the store’s policies and values.
Customer hosts have to perform cashier duties on a regular basis in the front customer service desk to ensure guests are able to check-out quickly, smoothly, and efficiently.
They are also observant when performing their duties, keeping an eye on other employees to ensure they have a safe workplace, protecting themselves and others from any danger or hazards at work.
Walmart Customer Host Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Walmart customer host job description consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Return carts to designated area
- Clean up spills and things that are on the floor in the store
- Lead customers to merchandise by asking questions about their needs
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized store by following all procedures and policies
- Use the register for customer purchases or give change when needed
- Complete paperwork as required (hourly packet)
- Maintain a clean checkout area by keeping bags and merchandise stocked
- Make sure the shelves are stocked and merchandise is organized
- Ask customers if they need help finding a product or would like to try something on
- Search in backroom to keep merchandise up to date in stock. Be mindful of any expiration dates or recalls
- Know the proper procedures of each department when it comes to returns
- Maintain a neat appearance, using acceptable methods and keeping area neat at all times
- Follow the Billback guidelines and make sure there’s no pressure to purchase any products
- Make sure you greet every customer that enters your department with a smile and friendly hello
- Make sure you are aware of all discount policies and procedures
- Complete requested reports from Department Leads as asked
- Know the proper procedures of each employee handbook when it comes to returns.
Walmart Customer Host Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before in the role of a customer host at Walmart or are presently working in that position and are making a new resume, then you can write an effective Professional Experience section for the resume by applying the sample Walmart customer host job description provided above.
You can highlight the customer host duties and responsibilities from the above job description example in your resume’s Professional Experience, to show that you have been successful performing the customer host role at Walmart.
This piece of information in your resume can greatly increase your chances of being hired, especially if the new job requires someone with some customer host work experience at Walmart or other similar companies.
Walmart Customer Host Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
To be hired for the customer host job at Walmart or other retailers, here are major requirements you may be expected to fulfill:
- Age 18 or above
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 lbs. items or more in the course of work
- Ability to understand and communicate in English effortlessly, including reading and writing
- Must have a reliable and safe method of transportation
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 2 hours or more)
- Must be able to push carts at least 6 miles per hour
- Must be able to talk on the phone or walk and talk at the same time
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (cold and hot)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to read and follow a cash register tape roll. This includes scanning of items, adding totals, coupons, taxes etc.
- Must be able to follow simple verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to communicate politely with the general public and other staff members
- Must be able to perform mathematical functions at a slow pace.
- Must be able to deal with rude or frustrated customers, as well as friendly ones
- Must be able to resolve any conflict calmly and in a positive way
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, as well as good sense of humor.
Walmart Customer Host Salary
The national average customer host compensation, according to Glassdoor, is $13 per hour, which can vary from $11 to $18 per hour.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in working at Walmart or other similar retailers as a customer host; they will be able to learn all they need to know about what customer hosts do.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in similar industry as Walmart needing to create a job description for the customer host role, for use in the hiring process for the position in their companies.
They can apply the sample Walmart customer host job description provided on this page in making a detailed description for the position.