This post provides complete information on the job description of a checkout team associate at Walmart, to boost your knowledge of the work they do.
It highlights the important tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly define the Walmart checkout team associate work description.
It also provides the major requirements you may be expected to meet if you are applying to work as a checkout team associate at Walmart or other retailers.
What Does a Walmart Checkout Team Associate Do?
The Walmart checkout team associate is responsible for providing a positive customer experience.
They are in charge of scanning and bagging items for customers, ensuring that the work space is neat and clean, and providing assistance as needed.
They handle other necessary tasks such as operating the espresso machine, handling paperwork required in store or on food truck, maintaining organization of store stock room, collecting shopping carts from parking lot and unloading them to their proper area in the back of store.
The Walmart checkout team associate job description involves ensuring that the price matching process is completed properly and efficiently.
It also entails assisting in other areas as needed, such as answering ringing phones, greeting customers as they enter the store, sweeping and mopping floors, stocking and restocking items on racks or displays in the store, and picking up product placed on top of shelves or tables.
The checkout team associate is also responsible for completing tasks, such as restocking and organizing items that have been returned to the store.
They assist customers in the areas of clothing, shoes and other accessories, electronics and media, automotive, furniture or home furnishings, and sporting goods and outdoor living.
It is the duty of the Walmart checkout team associate to assist customers in the grocery department with shopping for fresh foods, such as produce or dairy products.
They are also required to work different shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends, and
ensure that the store is stocked properly and orderly at all times.
They make sure that work areas are clean, safe, and free of hazards, such as tripping hazards or areas where chemicals or cleaners could cause injury to customers or workers.
The checkout team associate has a duty to work safely with others, following all Walmart policies and procedures, using the equipment provided in a safe and efficient manner, communicating with other workers and following proper safety guidelines.
They are also responsible for following all company policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws regarding food handling and safety.
Walmart Checkout Team Associate Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Walmart checkout team associate job description involves the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet customers entering the store courteously with a friendly smile
- Scan product barcodes with scanner gun or hand-held scanner
- Handle returns from customers
- Load and unload shelves to increase efficiency of store operations
- Maintain cleanliness of checkout area and surrounding store floor by sweeping, mopping, cleaning restrooms, emptying trash cans, completing minor repairs
- Show proper customer relations and compassion at all times
- Show respect and courtesy to other associates and customers
- Inspect goods as they are being unloaded from delivery truck to ensure they are in appropriate condition for stocking market
- Maintain good communication with management staff, providing regular updates on the number of customer transactions completed, average time spent with each customer or transaction, etc., as required by store supervisor
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment by remaining aware of your surroundings at all times
- Maintain quality control standards when completing cash register transactions, check orders, and report sales data.
Walmart Checkout Team Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are presently working in Walmart as a checkout team associate or have worked in that role before and are now making a resume for a new position, then you can apply content from the Walmart checkout team associate job description sample above in writing a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume.
You can highlight the checkout team associate duties from the sample job description above in your resume’s Professional Experience section.
This shows that you have been successful working as a checkout team associate at Walmart, which can greatly influence the recruiter/employer to hire you for the role, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires some work experience as a checkout team associate.
Walmart Checkout Team Associate Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the checkout team associate role with Walmart or other like companies, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Successful completion of High School or equivalent education and have obtained a Diploma or GED
- Some retail industry work experience
- Strong computer skills are required, including word processing, spreadsheets and use of internet databases
- Strong organizational and math skills are required in order to perform the essential functions of this job description
- Ability to work with potentially stressful situations. Able to maintain self-control and work under pressure
- Ability to stand close quarters for a long period of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds items
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with others on a one-to-one basis
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good vehicle for transportation
- Ability to work any combination of day, evening, night, weekend and holiday shifts
- Ability to work in a physical environment that involves standing for long periods of time, stooping, bending, and stretching in order to keep up with the fast pace of the store
- Ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to stay calm and organized in a stressful environment
- Ability to speak sufficient English language
- Completion of all required training programs as outlined by the store supervisor
- Completion of all required safety training programs
- Excellent time management skills to complete tasks within deadline
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, management, customers and vendors.
Walmart Checkout Team Associate Salary
The average Walmart front end checkout team associate’s income is $12 per hour, according to Glassdoor and varies from $11 to $14 per hour.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the checkout team associate job at Walmart, to help them learn the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in the retail industry who are looking to hire for the vacant checkout team associate role.
They can create an effective description of the role for use in their hiring process by utilizing the Walmart checkout team associate job description example provided on this page.