Target Guest Advocate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a target guest advocate, to help you learn about the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the target guest advocate work description.
It also presents the major requirements you will be expected to fulfill if you are seeking the target guest advocate role.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the target guest advocate career:
What Does Target Guest Advocate Do?
A target guest advocate is responsible for creating a friendly, warm, and welcoming experience for customers by welcoming and greeting every guest and/or customers every time.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of making a connection with guests by engaging them in a friendly and genuine conversation throughout each transaction by asking open-ended questions about their experience and utilizing the answers to those questions to assess, understand, and determine his/her approach.
In other words, target guest advocates work in conjunction with a dedicated and guest-obsessed team to create an experience that makes guests and/or customers welcome and comfortable.
The guest advocate is responsible for acting as the advocate of guest experience who is in charge of welcoming, thanking, and meeting and/or exceeding guest service expectations by focusing on guest interaction and recovery.
Some of the duties that may be executed by a target guest advocate include making shopping effortless and seamless for guests, preparing documents for customers, and assessing the performance of customer and associate departments
In the process of executing his/her duties, a target guest advocate is expected to carry out a wide range of core tasks in his/her daily activities.
One of the important tasks that are carried out by a target guest advocate is to create a warm, enthusiastic, and friendly welcoming experience, which involves authentically greeting guests and customers every time.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of making the connection with guests to examine and/or determine their experience by asking open-ended questions about their shopping experience and using the answers to tailor his/her approach.
It is also the duty of a guest advocate at target to strictly comply with the Target Corporation’s safety standards and best practices, which involves scanning and bagging all guest items efficiently and neatly.
A target guest advocate may also be required to attempt to make it right for guests by resolving any negative situations and recovering customers’ experience in accordance with target’s policies and procedures.
Individuals interested in becoming a target guest advocate are required to possess certain skills and qualities that are needed to succeed on the job.
Some of the required skills and qualities you should have to work as a target guest advocate include excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good teamwork skills.
Others are excellent time management skills, ability to pay particular attention to detail, and good listening skill; excellent problem-solving skills, good customer service skills, and good physical strength and stamina, and good organizational skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the ideal candidate for the target guest advocate job should possess at least a High School diploma or GED.
Target Guest Advocate Salary: The average salary for a target guest advocate, according to Indeed, is $32,328 annually.
Target Guest Advocate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Target guest advocates perform the tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Creating a friendly and warm welcoming experience by authentically welcoming and greeting every guest and/or customers every time
- Making a connection with guests by engaging them in a friendly and genuine conversation throughout each transaction by asking open-ended questions about their experience and utilizing the answers to those questions to assess, understand, and determine future approach
- Stocking supplies during open hours while also being available to attend to guests
- Acting as the advocate of guest experience who is in charge of welcoming, thanking, and meeting and/or exceeding guest service expectations by focusing on guest interaction and recovery
- Scanning and bagging all guest items efficiently and neatly
- Showcasing a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance
- Attempting to make it right for guests by resolving any negative situations and recovering customers’ experience in accordance with Target’s policies and procedures
- Carrying out other relevant tasks according to business needs.
Target Guest Advocate Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before in the position of target guest advocate, or are presently working in that role, it is important to show that work experience in the resume by including the professional experience section in it.
With a professional or work experience section added to your resume/CV, you can show that you have been effective performing the duties and responsibilities of a target guest advocate.
Having this piece of information in your resume can greatly influence the recruiter/employer to give you an opportunity to attend an interview, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires the right candidate for the job to have some work experience as a target guest advocate.
You can create a compelling professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the target guest advocate job description example above.
Target Guest Advocate Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are applying for the position of a guest advocate with the Target Inc. or with other companies, the requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with guests, as well as with co-workers and the management
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively alongside a dedicated team
- Excellent time management skills to be able to successfully complete assigned tasks within a given time frame
- Good listening skills, since the guest advocate must be attentive and listen to guests’ feedback to know how to tailor his/her approach
- Excellent problem-solving skills to enable the guest advocate to assist customers in resolving any issue that may arise
- Good customer service skills to be able to address customers and ensure that they have an optimized experience
- At least a High School diploma or General Education diploma, since formal education is not usually a requirement.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the guest advocate career at target or other companies.
They will be able to learn about the duties and responsibilities of a guest advocate and to make the right decision about choosing the career.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to find and hire the best candidate for the vacant guest advocate position in their organizations.
They can create a detailed description of the vacant guest advocate position and use in the hiring process by applying the sample target guest advocate job description shown on this page.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.