Target Team Member Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a target team member, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the target team member work description.
It also presents the major requirements individuals will be expected to fulfill to be hired for the team member role at target.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the target team member job:
What Does a Target Team Member Do?
A target team member is responsible for ensuring an optimized level of customer satisfaction and for carrying out a variety of tasks as assigned by the managers and/or departmental heads.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of working in target to complete a wide range of duties which may include greeting customers, handling stock preparation, overseeing and managing the process of replenishing stocks, and strictly adhering to sanitation standards.
In other words, a target team member refers to one whose profession is to work collaboratively with a dedicated and guest-obsessed team at Target Corporation to create and enable a consistent experience for customers by making sure that product is in stock, available, correctly priced, and signed on the sales floor.
His/her duties also involve stocking, cashiering, and price accuracy, and presentation.
Some of the duties that may be executed by a target team member include greeting customers, demonstrating product features, and managing inventory.
One of the important tasks that are carried out by a target team member is to ensure and enhance a maximized level of customer satisfaction, which involves greeting them, ensuring that stocks are placed accurately and appropriately where they can be easily found, and attending to any issues and/or questions that they may have.
The team member is also saddled with the responsibility of overseeing and managing the maintenance and movement of inventory by loading and shipping items to customers by moving cartons and/or pallets in and out of trailers and/or storerooms.
It is also the duty of a team member at target to ensure accurate and up-to-date count and quality of products and how they are moved throughout the warehouse, which involves overseeing and managing the process of updating the company’s warehouse management system or other computer systems.
A target team member may also be required to be punctual and efficient by reporting to work on time and quickly executing other job tasks as assigned.
To become a target team member, individuals need to possess certain skills and qualities that are needed to excel on the job.
Some of the required skills and qualities to succeed as a target team member include excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, good teamwork skills, excellent time management skills, ability to pay particular attention to detail, computer literacy, good customer service skills, dexterity, good physical strength and stamina, and good organizational skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, to work as a team member with target individuals are required to have completed at least a High School Diploma program or have obtained a General Education Diploma.
Target Team Member Salary: The average salary for a target team member, according to Payscale, is $47,872 annually.
Target Team Member Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Target team members perform the tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Ensuring an optimized level of customer satisfaction and carrying out a variety of other tasks as assigned by the managers and/or department heads
- Completing a wide range of duties which may include greeting customers, handling stock preparation, overseeing and managing the process of replenishing stocks, strictly adhering to sanitation standard
- Strictly adhering to processes with attention to detail and monitoring own progress
- Carrying out duties such as stocking, cashiering, and price accuracy, and presentation
- Overseeing and managing the process of updating Target’s warehouse management system or other computer systems
- Ensuring the accuracy of inventory by completing scans and system audit functions
- Ensure punctuality and efficiency by reporting to work on time and quickly disseminating other job tasks as assigned
- Carrying out other relevant duties as assigned.
Target Team Member Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV and have previously worked in the position of a target team member, or are presently working in that role, it will be beneficial to show that work experience in your resume.
You should add the professional or work experience section to your resume to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a target team member.
This piece of information can be greatly useful in influencing the recruiter/employer to call you up for an interview and possibly give you the job, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires someone with some work experience as a target team member.
You can apply the target team member job description example given above in making a compelling professional experience section for your resume.
Target Team Member Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as a team member with Target, here are major requirements that you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since a target team member must be able to effectively read labels, tickets, and other product documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills, since he or she will be required to work alongside other co-workers
- Excellent time management skills, as these enable a target team member to perform assigned tasks within a given time
- Ability to pay particular attention to detail, since he or she must take note of every product in the inventory and ensure that they are organized
- Good customer service skills, since the job duties revolve around ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Even though this position does not require formal education, however, applicants are expected to have minimum of High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in working with the Target Inc. or other companies as a team member.
They will be able to increase their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the team member role and to prepare ahead for it.
It is also useful to employers/recruiters needing to hire for the vacant team member position in their organization.
They can apply the sample target team member job description provided on this page in making a detailed description of the vacant team member position for use in the recruitment process.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.