The software engineer salary in Florida is estimated at $91,858 yearly.
This post presents detailed information on the salary and estimated earning of a software engineer in the State of Florida, including the cities and companies in the State that pay the highest salaries to software engineers.
With this information, you can effectively prepare for a software engineering career in the State of Florida or decide otherwise.
Please, keep reading:
Florida is another of the Southern States with a tendency for high pay and low cost of living for software engineers whose yearly salary is about $91,858.
With a $5000 as additional bonus, plus incentives, the software engineer pay may rise to $120,000 or $125,000 yearly.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Florida
Melbourne, Sunrise, and Hialeah are amongst the high paying cities in the State of Florida and they also rank amongst the cities with low cost of living standards.
Generally, the salary outlook for software engineers is good and in an upward swing, with total pay ranging from $83,000 to $125,000 with added incentives; software engineers are in demand in the State.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of Florida
Florida has a number of cities and counties within her ranks, and some of these cities are host to a vast majority of software engineering and high tech companies which employ software engineers and other professionals.
The table below shows some of these cities and the salaries software engineers earn yearly:
|City||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in the State of Florida
Here is a breakdown of what software engineers earn based on the level of skill they have working with them.
The top earning skill in the industry is on top of the list and the figure shows how much they earn in the State of Florida.
- Scala: earns 24.30%, which equals $22,321 in yearly addition to salary.
- Os Kernels: earns 17.55%, totaling add on of $16,121 yearly.
- Big Data: earns 17.35%, which adds up to $15,693 yearly.
- Microservices: earns 16.13%, which adds to $14,816 yearly.
- Machine Learning: earns 11.71% more, which is $10,756 yearly.
- Data Structure, earns 10.99% more add on, which is $10,095 yearly.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Florida
Software engineers in the State of Florida like all other States in the US earn more as the number of years of their experience increases.
Below is a list of how software engineers in Florida earn by years of experience.
- -1 year or less earns a yearly salary of $81,230.
- 1- 2 years earns $83,456.
- 3 – 5 years on the job earns $91,000 yearly
- 6 – 9 years earns a yearly income of $95,456.
- 10 + years of experience on the job earn $109,360 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineer in the State of Florida
Here are the companies that pay software engineers high in the state of Florida; it will do the aspiring engineer a lot of good to seek work with them:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Florida
There are some benefits attached to being a software engineer in the State of Florida, and like all the other States across the US, there are standard benefits which all software engineers enjoy.
With an additional benefit of $5000 attached to a software engineer’s salary at the end of the year in Florida, little wonder it’s a thriving profession.
Here are major benefits software engineers enjoy in Florida:
- Vision assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- Visa programs
- Food provisions
- Health savings
- Insurance savings.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of Florida
There are jobs related to software engineering and some of them may earn higher or lower than the software engineer in Florida.
- Back End Developer earns $94,014 as salary yearly
- Full Stack Developer earns $88,899 as yearly salary
- Software Developer earns $86,931 yearly
- Developer earns $83,191 as yearly salary
- Application Developer earns $79,690 yearly
- Front End Developer earns $76,882 as yearly salary.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Florida
Southern USA offers a variety of incentives, including low cost of living (99%), which continues to attract firms and large corporations to the State of Florida.
The high pay also makes Florida attractive to software engineers.
Also, the job of a software engineer in Florida is massive and in real competition with the Northeast States that also pay high but have a high cost of living.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Florida
Working in Florida as a software engineer can be an interesting thing with the low cost in living standards, but be as it may, chances are that you can still increase your salary through some of the major ways highlighted below:
- Get a good degree. Nothing beats a well-educated software engineer aspiring to earn more in Florida than a good education. So, get a good and well qualified degree under your belt; this will in no small measure boost your earning power in the State.
- Relocate. If you live in a city where software engineers are less paid, your best option is to relocate to a much bigger city like Melbourne, Sunrise, Hialeah, Saint Petersburg, or Deltona, where the pay is higher than your present location.
- Get a good set of skills. Without a good set of skills, a software engineer may work and not get to the desired level of salary; so getting a good set of relevant soft and technical skills is very important to getting an increase in the State of Florida.
- Network with others. Nothing beats having a good network of friends and colleagues who at any point in time can reach you for job opening in other parts of Florida or even out of State, so keep a good social network open, you never know where the big job might come from.
- Seek out high paying companies to work for. You can’t be working for a company where the pay is not high as you envisaged and still out of loyalty remain there. To increase your salary you need to work for large corporations that are willing and able to meet your wage demands plus other incentives. So look for such companies in Florida and make the move.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Florida
Here is a list of other career opportunities that software engineers can get into and get good pay in Florida:
- Nuclear engineer earns $102,000 yearly.
- Computer hardware engineer earns $97,000 yearly.
- Computer and information research scientist earns $96,000 yearly.
- Chemical engineer earns $91,000 yearly.
- Marine engineer earns $89,000 yearly.