Software Engineer Salary in Kansas and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Kansas is estimated at $82,268 yearly.
This post presents complete information on the salary of a software engineer in Kansas and tips on how to increase it, including the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries in the State of Kansas.
Please, read on:
Software engineers in Kansas State earn as much as $82,268 as salary yearly, with a bonus of $4,000.
It is one of the top 10 States with the lowest cost of living (87.9%). With its position in the Lower Midwestern US, Kansas is a city on the rise and it’s very much in contention.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Kansas
The State of Kansas has some good salary structures for software engineers that are spread across the State.
With some cities (Shawnee) paying well over a $100,000 yearly, one cannot but say that this lower Midwestern State is a good place to work and live in as a software engineer.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Kansas
Here are the highest paying cities for software engineering jobs in the State of Kansas:
|Cities||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in Kansas
Software engineers in Kansas with the relevant skills earn higher than those without any form of skill attached to their resume.
Listed below are the earning potential of the needed skills by software engineers in the State of Kansas:
- Scala: Software engineers with Scala skill earns 24.30%, which translates to $19,991 yearly salary.
- Os kernels: With Os kernels skill, software engineers earn 17.55%, which is $14,438 yearly.
- Big data: The big data skill earns 17.35%, which amounts to $14,273 salary on yearly basis.
- Microservices: The Microservices skill earns 16.13%, which makes $14,269 yearly salary.
- Machine learning: The machine learning skill earns 11.71%, which is $9,633 yearly.
- Data structures: With the Data structures skill, software engineers earn 10.99%, which makes the yearly salary of $9,041 yearly.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in Kansas
Here are salary estimates software engineers can make in the State of Kansas based on years of experience:
- – 1 year earns $85,268 salary.
- 1 – 2 years earn $87,765 as yearly salary.
- 3 – 5 years earn $ 90,000 as salary yearly.
- 6 – 9 years earns $100,385 annual salary.
- 10 years and above earn $115,007 as yearly salary.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineer in Kansas
These are the top 10 highest paying companies in the State of Kansas:
|Company||Salary yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in Kansas
Software engineers in Kansas aside from getting a $4,000 yearly bonus also get added benefits which mostly turn to cash in the long run.
Some of these benefits are listed below and not limited to the list.
- Commuter assistance. Getting to work can be a hard nut to crack for the software engineer and the pressure of shuttling through traffic is another headache, so software engineers are provided with commuter assistance to help ease this burden.
- Food provided. Taking a break can sometimes be a herculean task, mostly if the project is at an advance stage of testing or final stage, it becomes difficult for the engineer to take a break, so software engineers in Kansas are provided food for such and every occasion.
- Gym membership. Companies make it a priority for software engineers in Kansas to be registered with gyms to help beat the stress and other related burdens.
- Stocks. Software engineers in Kansas are given stocks by companies they work for, and this often translates to cash. So, software engineers enjoy stock benefits.
- Bonus. Bonuses come in various ways, either for completing a software project in record time, developing one, or for a good job done.
The above benefits may be translated to cash, which makes the software engineer’s salary a bumper package yearly.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in Kansas
Related jobs to software engineering in the State of Kansas may earn higher or lower than the software engineer.
The list below highlights these jobs and how they earn in Kansas:
- Full Stack Developer grosses annual salary of $92,481.
- Frontend Developer takes $81,415 annually as salary.
- Backend Developer rakes in $72,385 yearly salary.
- Application Developer earns $55,909 yearly income.
- Developer earns $46,264 as yearly salary.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Kansas
Salaries in Kansas for the software engineer are on the rise, for the State is ranked the 4th State with lowest cost of living percent ratio in the US (87.9).
This has attracted big companies and operations to the State, making it a good destination for software engineers.
Kansas is another Lower Midwestern State where the main attraction for software engineers is its ability to balance cost of living with salary.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Kansas
Are you working as a software engineer in Kansas and want to increase your salary? If you are, then here are some ways to help you achieve your goal:
- A good level of education. With a relevant degree in a relevant field of study, one is bond to get a good pay as a software engineer.
- A good set of Skills. Skills play a big role in getting a desired pay rise, a software engineer in Kansas needs to have a good set of technical and soft skills to stand out.
- Move to another city. Large cities pay workers more. If in Kansas you are living in a small city, you may need to move to the bigger cities to earn more.
- Network. Have friends, family members, and close acquaintances help you look for software engineering jobs with higher pay in Kansas.
- Seek work with big companies paying high. Another way you can increase your salary as a software engineer in Kansas is to work for the big companies paying higher salaries. You need to develop yourself and learn what is needed by the big companies to work for them.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in Kansas
Software engineers in Kansas may decide to explore other careers that are related to software engineering, including:
- Aerospace engineer earns $103,000 yearly.
- Computer information research scientist earns $94,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineer earns $91,000 yearly.
- Computer network architect earns $90,000 yearly.
- Information security earns $86,000 yearly.
- Water engineer earns $85,000 yearly.
One of the most developed States in the Lower Midwestern US, Kansas is attracting the big news and software engineers will earn more from prospective companies.
Comparing its low cost of living (87.9), Kansas helps balance the gap between earning high and living large to earning high and modest living.
Information sources: indeed.com, ziprecruiter.com, careerexplorer.com, hackreactor.com, bls.gov, and insight.dice.com.