Texas Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Texas is $94,683 yearly.
This post provides detailed information on the salary of a software engineer in Texas, to enable you make a decision on living and working in the State.
It also highlights the cities and companies in the State of Texas that pay the highest salaries to software engineers.
Please, read on:
A Lower Midwestern State in the U.S. Texas is the hub for software engineering in the region.
Software engineers in Texas get $94,683 yearly salary, which is 6% lower than the National average, in addition to $6,600 bonus.
The State of Texas has cost of living standard of 92.3%.
Texas is a good State for aspiring software engineers to seek out work; it’s one of the best States to strike a balance between salary and cost of living and ranked 4th for software engineering jobs in the U.S.
Software Engineer Salary across Texas Cities
Midlands tops the list of high paying cities across the State of Texas, beating the state average by 39.3%.
Next to Midlands is Abilene and Garlands, which beats the State average by 24.7%.
The difference between the highest paying City (Midlands $112,657) and the least paying city (Arlington $95,657) is a mere 16%, making it rather difficult for a bumper salary.
The main attraction of software engineers to Texas is it’s relative balance in cost of living and salary.
Highest Paying Cities For Software Engineers in the State of Texas
The table below shows the cities in Texas where software engineers are paid the highest salaries:
|City||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in the State of Texas
Here are valuable skills to have as a software engineer working in Texas that enable the engineer to easily get a job and earn good income:
- Scala skilled software engineers in Texas earn 24.30%, which totals to $23,007 as add-on to salary yearly.
- Os Kernel skilled software engineers in Texas earn 17.55%, which amounts to $16,616 yearly add on to salary.
- Big Data skilled software engineers in Texas earn 17.35%, which is $16,427 total add on to salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers in Texas earn 16.13%, which totals $15,272 yearly add-on to salary.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers in Texas earn 11.91%, which is $11,087 add-on to salary yearly.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers in Texas earn 10.99%, which totals a yearly add-on to salary of $10,405.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Texas
The software engineer salaries based on experience are listed out below. The more experienced software engineer earns more yearly than the inexperienced one.
- Less than 1 year experience on the job in Texas as a software engineer earns $89,213.
- 1 – 2 years of experience as a software engineer in Texas earn a yearly salary of $91,657.
- 3 – 5 years of job experience in Texas as a software engineer earns $100,000 yearly.
- 6 – 9 years of work experience as a software engineer in Texas earns $104,837 yearly.
- 10 plus years of work experience as a software engineer in Texas earns $120,108 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies For Software Engineers in the State of Texas
The table below shows the list of companies with the highest pay for software engineers in the State of Texas:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,111|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Texas
Software engineers in the State of Texas enjoy some benefits aside what they earn as salary, these include:
- Gym Membership. Software engineers in Texas usually get gym membership benefits by the companies they work for to reduce job related stress.
- Visa Assistance. The Texas software engineer can sometimes be invited to go and defend an application in other countries; they are helped by their companies to procure visa for such trip.
- Commuter Assistance. Software engineers working and living in the State of Texas are also assisted by their companies to get to work and back easily daily.
- Provision of Food. Due to working long hours most times, it becomes difficult for the Texas software engineers to go for lunch. Companies usually assist their engineers in getting them food during work hours.
- Stock Option. The software engineer in Texas may be given stocks by the company they work for to translate into cash after the long years of service. But the dividends are collected yearly or half yearly.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of Texas
Here are major related job titles to software engineer in Texas. Some of these jobs get higher and some get lower salaries than the software engineer.
- Backend developer earns a yearly salary of $115,606 in Texas.
- Full stack developer earns $104,314 yearly in Texas.
- Frontend developer in earns $101,807 yearly in Texas.
- Developer earns $91,495 as yearly salary in Texas.
- Application developer earns $88,934 as yearly salary in Texas.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Texas
Texas has a great potential for job growth and advancement with its highest paying city Midland ($112,657) beating the State average by 39.3%.
Looking to the future, the software engineer’s job outlook in Texas is looking productive, since even the most active city in the State is constantly hiring, and high tech companies are forthcoming.
The State’s advantage lies in its low cost of living, which is 92.3%. There may be a major pull towards advancement in salary and job placement.
How to Increase your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Texas
Below are some ideas you can apply to boost your salary as a software engineer in Texas:
- Get a good education. Getting an increase in salary as a software engineer in Texas is easier by having a good degree in related fields of study.
- Relocate. Moving to cities with high pay for software engineers in Texas is important in increasing the salary of the engineers. See above the highest paying cities for software engineering jobs in Texas that you may consider relocating to.
- To get a salary increase as a software engineer working in Texas, one of the ways you can achieve this is by developing high in-demand skills. See above for some of the high in-demand skills you can develop in Texas.
- Work for higher paying companies. You can also increase your salary as a software engineer by working for one of the best paying companies in Texas. Also shown above are the companies in Texas that pay the highest salaries to software engineers. You can seek employment with any of these companies.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Texas
Below are some career opportunities that software engineers in the State of Texas can also get into, including the salaries they earn:
- Wind energy engineer salary in Texas is $109,000 yearly.
- Photonics engineer salary in Texas is $109,000 yearly.
- Nanotechnology engineer salary in Texas is $109,000 yearly.
- Industrial engineer salary in Texas is $102,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineer salary in Texas is $100,000 yearly.
Texas as the hub of software activities in the Lower Midwestern region is a good attraction to software engineers, with its most active cities attracting software engineers from various States of the country for job placement.
The attraction for the State of Texas lies in the balance of salary ($94,683) and cost of living (92.3%).
Information sources: fullstackacademy.com, bls.gov, payscale.com, insight.dice.com, ziprecruiter.com, hackreactor.com, glassdoor.com, and indeed.com.