Software Engineer Salary in Massachusetts and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Massachusetts is $105,863 yearly.
This post provides complete information on the salary of a software engineer in Massachusetts and how to increase it, including the cities and companies that pay the most salaries in the State of Massachusetts.
Please, continue reading:
Located in the Northeast of the U.S. Massachusetts pays software engineers $105,863 as yearly salary, with $5000 added yearly bonus. It’s 59% above National average.
Massachusetts is one of the States in the region with very high cost of living (132.6).
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Massachusetts
Some cities in Massachusetts nearly pay high salaries to software engineers looking at Cambridge ($110,079) and Springfield ($98,888), the difference between them is not much.
Due to its high living cost, software engineers in Massachusetts earn relatively the same across the State.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Massachusetts
Here are the highest paying cities in the State of Massachusetts where Software engineers earn the most salaries:
|City||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in Massachusetts
Skill plays an important part in helping to improve on the salary of a software engineer in Massachusetts.
Skilled software engineers are smiling to the bank in the State of Massachusetts. The list below highlights the earnings of each skill in the State yearly.
- Massachusetts software engineers with Scala skills earn 24.30%, which represents $25,724 add on.
- Os kernel software engineer skill earns 17.55%, which adds up to $18,578 as salary add on
- Big Data skilled software engineers earn 17.35%, which is $18,367 yearly add on.
- Microservices skilled software engineers earn 16.13%, which represents $17,075 yearly add on.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers earn 11.71%, which is $12,396 yearly add on.
- Data Structures skilled engineers earn 10.99%, representing $11,634 yearly add on to salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in Massachusetts
The number of years of experience on the job determines how much a software engineer gets as salary in Massachusetts.
Highlighted below are the number of years of experience and it’s earning power for a software engineer in the State of Massachusetts:
- – 1 year of experience earns an annual salary of $113,461.
- 1 – 2 years of experience earns $116,370 yearly.
- 3 – 5 years of experience on the job in the State of Massachusetts earns $125,000.
- 6 – 9 years of experience on the job earns annually $133,332.
- 10 years and above earns $192,793 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in Massachusetts
Here are the highest paying companies for software engineering jobs in the State of Massachusetts and the salary they pay:
|Company||Yearly Salary ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
|Open Systems Inc||145,278|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in Massachusetts
Massachusetts software engineers enjoy more benefits apart from the basic benefits of cash and bonus which they get yearly.
The list below shows some of these additional benefits:
- Commuter Assistance. Shuttling to work daily can be tasking, so the software engineer in Massachusetts is helped by their company in the area of easing the shuttle by providing assistance in form of shuttle services.
- Food Provided. Working long hours and weekends without breaks makes the Massachusetts software engineer an asset, therefore, food is provided for them during the long nights and extended weekends of work.
- Referral Program. Massachusetts software engineers get benefits from referral programs by simply introducing people to opportunities or benefits of an application.
- Relocation Assistance. Moving from one part of Massachusetts to another or out of State, the software engineer is helped with relocating.
- Gym Membership. Working long hours can sometimes be stressful, so Massachusetts software engineers are given gym membership to help ease off the stress and burden associated with their job.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineering Earn in Massachusetts
Highlighted below are the job titles related to the software engineer and how they earn in the State of Massachusetts:
- Backend Developer earns $142,030 yearly salary.
- Frontend Developer earns a yearly salary of $127,098.
- Full Stack Developer earns $121,670 yearly.
- Developer earns $107,257 yearly.
- Application Developer earns $99,394 yearly.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in Massachusetts
The Northeast region which is a region notorious for very high cost of living has Massachusetts as one of the States; it’s a State where software engineers’ salary is high ($105,868 yearly) and cost of living high also.
Looking ahead, salaries within the State of Massachusetts are not expected to rise due to the high cost of living (132.6%) within the State.
If salary is your main concern, then Massachusetts is a good State to work and live in since the State boasts of high salaries to software engineers.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in Massachusetts
Below are some of the ways to help increase your salary as a software engineer in the State of Massachusetts:
- Improve on your skill. See the list above to compare how software engineers in Massachusetts, with the required skills earn. A good set of skills will boost your salary.
- Improve on your education. A higher degree will in no small measure propel your salary skyward in Massachusetts along with skills sought after in the industry.
- Work for higher paying companies. Shown above are the companies paying the big salaries to software engineers in the State of Massachusetts, it will be wise to work for one of them to increase your salary.
- Relocate. If you are in a small town within the State of Massachusetts and you are not getting the salary you desire, it will do you well to relocate to one of the big cities shown above to help increase your salary.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in Massachusetts
Software engineers in the State of Massachusetts can also venture into other careers in related industries and earn even higher salaries.
Here are some career opportunities that software engineers in the State of Massachusetts can explore, and their yearly pay:
- Aerospace engineers earn $119,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineers earn $113,000 yearly.
- Computer and information research scientist earns $111,000 yearly.
- Sales engineer earns $109,000 yearly.
Massachusetts has a thriving software industry. With big multinationals scattered all over the State, the need for more software engineers in the State cannot be overlooked.
And with it’s ranking as the 4th highest paying State in salaries for software engineers, Massachusetts has become increasingly difficult for engineers to settle due to the very high cost of living in the State (136.2%), the 6th highest in the US.
Putting cost of living against salary, a tough choice has to be made by the software engineer looking to work and live in Massachusetts, between earning high and having a high cost of living.