Walgreens Shift Lead Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the Walgreens shift lead job description, to increase your knowledge of the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the shift lead work description at Walgreens.
It also presents the major requirements that you may be expected to meet to be hired for the shift lead role at Walgreens or other similar retailers.
Please, read on:
What Does a Walgreens Shift Lead do?
A Walgreens shift lead helps to develop and enhance the leadership abilities of team members.
They ensure that excellent customer service is delivered to all customers.
The Walgreens shift lead job description also involves providing effective leadership to team members by communicating tasks from the store manager, handling day to day cash functions and coaching on warehouse and vendor orders.
They support the store management and serve in a vital role on the front-end team.
Walgreens Shift Lead Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walgreens shift lead job description normally consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- performs all required cash handling duties and ensuring that the stockroom and floor are ready for the business day
- Responsible for opening the store’s back door for deliveries
- Performs customer refunds, order voids, and product returns, and cash drops to the safe, and make change available to cash registers as requested
- Models and delivers a very distinctive customer experience
- Engages patients and customers by greeting them, and also offers assistance with services and products
- Resolves customers’ issues and answers their questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares best customer service practices with every team member to deliver a very delightful customer experience
- Responsible for keeping the store keys for the opening and closing of store without management when necessary
- Coaches and aids the other team members to work with the warehouse and vendor ordering process as orders are created, reviewed, and received, which includes opening the backdoor for vendor deliveries
- Responsible for registering all sales on the cash register assigned; keep the records of scanning errors, items not on file, and voids; and perform price verifications and price modifications
- Assists the assistant store manager or the manager in assessing order exceptions on the store’s order release days, as well as provides assistance in reverse logistics
- Helps the store manager in assessing and developing product displays, including displays for seasonal, super structures, and promotional activities. Completes resets and revisions
- Ensures inventory counts and on-hand quantities are accurate, including basic departments, overstock locations, and stockroom
- Assists with making sure that the outdated program is followed with the team members
- Responsible for the basic department pricing and for making changes in the daily prices, ensuring that proper signage is displayed at the store in order to support accurate product pricing
- Ensures that additional pricing tasks which are related to local regulations and regulatory compliance programs are accurately completed within the required time frame
- Assists with bookkeeping tasks like cash report, cash counts, and ledgers, and bill payment as necessary or requested
- Assists in maintaining good interior and exterior store environment by ensuring neat, clean, and orderly store condition and appearance
- Aids in the separation of food items (e.g. raw foods from pre-cooked) and placement of products as specified by policies
- Helps out at the Pharmacy out window as requested
- Ensures compliance with the local and state laws regarding regulated products like tobacco products and alcoholic beverages
- Responsible for checking the bags of team members before leaving the store
- Complies with all policies and procedures of the company and maintains very respectful relationships with coworkers.
Walgreens Shift Lead Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a shift lead at Walgreens or are presently holding that position and are writing a new resume or CV, you can apply the above sample Walgreens shift lead job description in making an impressive Work or Professional Experience section for your resume.
By highlighting the duties and responsibilities of a shift lead in your resume’s Work Experience section, you will be able to convince the recruiter/employer that you have been successful working in the role.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can significantly influence the recruiter/employer to invite you to an interview, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires candidates to have some work experience as a shift lead to be hired.
Walgreens Shift Lead Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for a Successful Career
If you are seeking the job of a shift lead in Walgreens or other similar companies, the requirements you may be expected to meet to qualify for hiring include:
- One year of prior supervisory, leadership, or retail key holder work experience
- Must have excellent ability to read, speak, and write in English
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule, which includes evenings and weekend hours
- Vast knowledge of store inventory control
- Prior experience working at Walgreens
- Basic knowledge or better in mathematics.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the shift lead job who want to learn about the duties and responsibilities that are associated with the role.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers who are looking to find and hire competent shift leads for their companies.
They can create a detailed description of the shift lead position they want to fill by applying the sample Walgreens shift lead job description provided on this page.