South Carolina Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in South Carolina is $87,653 yearly.
This post provides complete information on the salary of a software engineer in South Carolina to help in your decision to live and work in the State.
It also presents the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in the State of South Carolina.
Please, read on:
Software engineers in South Carolina State earn as much as $87,653 as salary yearly, with a bonus of $4,000.
South Carolina is one of the States with a low cost of living (95.3%) in the Southern U.S. and is a State on the rise and it’s very much in contention for software engineering professionals because of its affordable cost of living.
Software Engineer Salary across South Carolina Cities
The State of South Carolina has some good salary structures that are spread across the cities.
With some cities (Spartanburg) paying $91,116 yearly and the least paying city Florence paying $82,980, the difference between the top and less paying cities in the state of South Carolina is 9%.
With this ratio and a not too high cost of living, one cannot but say that this Southern State is a good place to work and live in for software engineers.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of South Carolina
Here are the highest paying cities for software engineers in the State of South Carolina:
|Cities||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skills in the State of South Carolina
Software engineers in South Carolina with the relevant skills earn high salaries. Listed below are some of the top skills to develop as a software engineer in South Carolina and what they make:
- Software engineers with Scala skill in South Carolina earn 24.30%, which translates to $21,299 yearly as add-on to their salaries.
- Os Kernels skilled software engineers in South Carolina earn 17.55%, which is $15,383 yearly add-on to their salaries.
- Big Data skilled software engineers in South Carolina earn 17.35%, which amounts to $15,207 yearly add-on to salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers in South Carolina make 16.13%, which is $14,138 yearly add-on to salary.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers in South Carolina earn 11.71%, which is $10,264 yearly add-on to salary.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers earn 10.99%, which is $9,633 yearly add-on to salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of South Carolina
Software engineers in South Carolina earn higher salaries with the number of working experience that they have.
Shown below are the expected salaries a software engineer could earn with number of years of experience in South Carolina:
- Less than 1 year experience as software engineer in South Carolina earns $80,293 yearly salary.
- 1 – 2 years of experience as a software engineer in South Carolina earns $82,493 as yearly salary.
- 3 – 5 years experience as a software engineer in South Carolina earns $ 90,000 as salary yearly.
- 6 – 9 years of experience as a software engineer in South Carolina earns $94,355 annual salary.
- 10 years and above years of experience in South Carolina earns $108,099 as yearly salary.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in the State of South Carolina
Here are the top 10 highest paying companies in the State of South Carolina for software engineering jobs:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of South Carolina
Software engineers in South Carolina aside from getting a salary of $87,653 yearly also get added benefits which mostly are turned to cash in the long run.
Here are some of the major benefits software engineers in South Carolina can get in addition to their salaries:
- Commuter Assistance. Getting to work can be a hard nut to crack for the software engineer who is faced with the pressure of shuttling though traffic. To help solve this problem for engineers, most companies usually provide some commuter assistance.
- Food provision. Taking a break can sometimes be difficult for software engineers, mostly if the project they are working on is at an advanced stage and the deadline is fast approaching. Companies also usually arrange for food to be provided to their engineers.
- Gym membership. Stress and other issues that can be counterproductive to a software engineer is something companies want to avoid. Software engineers in South Carolina get registered to gyms by their companies where they can ease out stress regularly.
- Stocks. Software engineers in South Carolina may be given Stocks by their companies, which they can transform to cash.
- Bonus. Software engineers in South Carolina also get bonuses from their employers. These bonuses come in various shades, which can be for completing software development projects.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of South Carolina
Here are related job titles to software engineer in the State of South Carolina and how much salary they earn:
- Frontend developer in South Carolina earns $88,921 annually as salary.
- Full stack developer in South Carolina earns an annual salary of $87,813.
- Application developer in South Carolina earns a salary of $81,593 yearly income.
- Developer in South Carolina earns $77,377 as yearly salary.
- Backend developer in South Carolina earns a salary of $62,649 yearly.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of South Carolina
Salaries in South Carolina for the software engineer are on the rise, for the State is ranked as the 36thth in terms of software engineer salary ($87,653).
South Carolina has an affordable cost of living percent ratio in the U.S. (95.3%) and this has attracted big companies and operations to the State making it a good destination for software engineers.
South Carolina pays a higher salary than most states within its region; the main attraction is its ability to balance cost of living with salaries; a good state moving upward.
How to Increase your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of South Carolina
If you are working as a software engineer in South Carolina and want to increase your salary, here are some ways to do:
- Having a good education. Having a good degree in a relevant field of study can put you in an advantage of earning a higher salary. A good degree is preferably a Master’s degree in an engineering field.
- Having a good set of Skills. Skills play a big role in getting a desired pay rise; a software engineer in South Carolina needs to have a good set of technical and soft skills to stand out and earn a better salary.
- Moving to another city. Large cities pay workers more. If you are in a small city in South Carolina, you can decide to move to Spartanburg or other bigger cities to increase your salary as a software engineer.
- Networking. From networking with friends, family members, close acquaintances, and professional colleagues, you can land the right information and contact to hit a bigger job or project and make more salary.
- Seeking work with big companies paying high. Another idea you can apply to increase your salary as a software engineer in South Carolina is to work with the bigger and more paying companies. See the highest paying companies for software engineering jobs in South Carolina above.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of South Carolina
Software engineers in South Carolina can further enhance their careers by venturing into more opportunities across other related fields.
Here are some career opportunities that software engineers in South Carolina can further apply their skills and experience (with the salary they can earn):
- Aerospace engineer earns $103,000 yearly.
- Computer information research scientist earns $94,000 yearly.
- Electrical engineer earns $91,000 yearly.
- Computer network architect earns $90,000 yearly.
- Information security earns $86,000 yearly.
- Water engineer earns $85,000 yearly.
One of the most developed States in the Southern U.S. South Carolina is attracting the big news and software engineers will earn more from prospective companies.
Comparing its low cost of living (95.3%) to a salary that is 16% lower than National average ($87,653 yearly), it helps to balance the gap between earning high and living large to earning high and living modest.`
Information sources: insight.dice.com, indeed.com, careerexplorer.com, hackreactor.com, bls.gov, and ziprecruiter.com.