Senior Sales Associate Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Senior Sales Associate Do?
The senior sales associate is responsible for all activities at the store in the absence of the assistant manager or store manager.
His/her job description entails ensuring maximum sales by the store as well as excellent customer service in helping customers locate, select, and purchase products.
He/she serves as the company brand representative, upholding highest standards in carrying out daily functions.
The senior sales associate’s role involves providing exceptional customer care and achieving sales goals to ensure the store’s objectives on sales and profits are met.
He/she is expected to take on higher responsibilities that may be assigned by the manager or assistant manager within the store.
Senior sales associates can also work for non-retail organizations such as music learning centers.
With such employers, the purpose of the senior sales associate’s role may include generating sales to surpass personal sales goals, as well as effectively promoting the company’s programs, including music and arts lessons.
To create business and meet his/her sales goals, he/she will have to network with relevant individuals and organizations, including teachers, schools, community organizations, and churches.
The associate should be well trained to be able to give effective sales presentations and build rewarding relationships with customers.
The duties of the senior sales associate also involve promoting customer loyalty and giving each customer the best service they have ever got.
It also entails taking part in display, merchandising, maintenance, and all aspects of the operation of the store.
The senior sales associate work description also involves ensuring the security of the store by maintaining personal alarm code, register keys, and perimeter door keys.
Senior Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The senior sales associate performs various functions in support of the store manager or assistant manager.
When working in a retail store, the following job description example shows typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities senior sales associates are commonly expectedly to perform:
- Provide top level customer service that exceeds the expectation of customers
- Achieve individual and store sales and KPI indicators by maximizing every opportunity to make sales
- Perform till duties, including refund processing and price overrides
- Identify the needs of customers and provide correct answers to them on questions concerning all products
- Provide answers to questions relating to price, benefits, features, location, use of merchandise, etc.
- Assist less experienced colleagues with answers to queries on issues they have no knowledge of
- Stand in for the assistant manager or the store manager when needed
- Provide support by acting as a key holder in meeting the needs of the business in the store whenever required
- Provide support to new members of staff
- Ensure proper customer records, security of stocks, and handling of cash in line with company processes and procedures
- Responsible for timely and efficient delivering of all customer orders, as well as completion of repairs and engraving requests by customers; ensure records of customer requirements are kept accurately in accordance with company procedures
- Capture and input customer data into company database to enable the promotion of customer loyalty and repeat visits
- Receive and investigate complaint from customers and ensure successful and prompt resolution; develop acceptable solutions and make recommendations to the management of the store appropriately
- Actively take part in all training events and meetings organized by the store
- Take proper and accurate record for all stock, and check prices
- Adhere to established safety and security procedures of company and ensure all potential health and safety issues are communicated promptly to the store manager
- Perform other tasks the store manager may assign based on the store demands.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Senior Sales Associate Role
When hiring for the senior sales associate role, employers generally require candidates to possess certain skills, abilities knowledge, experience, etc. that will prove that they can handle the demands of the job effectively.
Given below are major requirements commonly demanded by employers that applicants for the senior sales associate job should have to be considered for employment:
- Experience working as a sales consultant in a retail setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable effective communication across all levels in the company, as well as with external parties
- Exception ability to drive through change and initiatives to achieve company goals
- Strong ability to lead and plan the work of a sales team to achieve set company goals
- Strong multitasking ability to handle various competing priorities and demands simultaneously without making mistakes
- Strong ability to analyze risks, pre-empt customer needs, and work proactively, efficiently and effectively
- Strong ability to attend to customers politely and respectfully, and to offer service that exceeds their expectations
- Strong ability to frequently provide customers with relevant information and keep them fully informed always
- Strong ability to initiate innovative ideas for excellent customer care delivery
- Possess exceptional self-motivation, confidence, and enthusiasm
- Strong ability to provide active management principles to a team; leading, training, motivating, and developing the sales team
- Strong ability to continually adapt to new situations, take on challenges, and improve on service delivery
- Strong ability to apply additional effort to ensure company goals are achieved.
If you are an employer or hiring manager needing to employ for the senior sales associate job, the content of this post, including the sample job description contained will be useful to you in properly describing the purpose and objective of the position in your company.
Publishing a detailed description of the senior sales associate position in your organization will help prospective candidates know if they qualified or not for the job, and that will enable you to get the best people to interview for the role.
This article is also helpful to people interested in the sales career; they will have deep knowledge of what senior sales associates do and the requirements for success on the job.
Did this post help you understand the duties and responsibilities of senior sales associates more? Please, leave a comment in the box below. And if you work as a sales associate in a senior role in your organization, do also share what you do.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.