Sales and Events Manager Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post discusses the job description of a sales and events manager, providing exhaustive information on the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities commonly performed by people who work in that role.
You will also discover from this post the major requirements recruiters may expect you to meet if you are seeking the sales and events manager job:
Please, read on:
What Does a Sales and Events Manager Do?
A sales and events manager markets and coordinates event space on behalf of a hotel, restaurant, or other venue providers.
He or she is responsible for the planning and day to day activity of his or her own work, including the use of his or her initiative to resolve problems and take decisions within agreed parameters for events.
The sales and events manager job description also entails managing and administering all commercial and public events, ensuring that the organization meets or exceed customer expectations.
It also involves overseeing the collective coordination of all event information and resources; account management, sales prospecting, and business development.
The sales and events manager is also required to work collaboratively with other departmental staff to ensure that heritage requirements are always upheld while not impeding on the ability to deliver high-quality events.
He or she is also required when needed to assist with creating awareness about an event by updating web listings and social media design, production and distribution of leaflets or posters, and updating internal notice boards, as we as booking advertising space and so on.
One of the major functions of a sales and events manager requires him or her to proactively liaise with the marketing and communications department in order to ensure that events are well marketed.
Furthermore, it is his or her responsibility to oversee staff training and welfare. He or she is required to work closely with the Assistant Director of Sales – Events in the creation of new theme menus, special events, and service standards.
Any individual who is interested in attaining the position of a sales and events manager is required to possess a High School diploma and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, while some employers prefer a Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) certification.
Employers often require three to five years of experience in events management and organization, including corporate meetings, weddings, and other special occasions.
Sales and Events Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Sales and events managers perform various functions in ensuring that all events are managed effectively to customers’ satisfaction.
Shown below is a job description example, highlighting the major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that sales and events managers typically perform:
- Evaluating and critically analyzing all events following their delivery, including seeking customer feedback
- Overseeing the designing and production of all marketing collateral, promotion, and adverts
- Collating and distributing information packs and other promotional items to clients and potential clients
- Liaising with clients from the beginning to the end, and also attending the event to ensure that it goes smoothly
- Actively participating in training and development programs and maximizing opportunities for self-development
- Responsible for all project and event budgets from the beginning to the end
- Responsible for the satisfaction of clients or customers by ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
- Building relationships and networking
- Developing good working relationships with event organizers at local companies in order to get meetings, annual dinners, functions bookings, e.t.c for the purpose of boosting company profits
- • Preparing proposals for clients and maintaining well-organized event records
- Maintaining working relationships with internal and external partners and holding these relationships to deliver innovative and memorable events
- Making prospecting calls to potential clients.
Sales and Events Manager Job Description for Resume
If you have some experience working as a sales and events manager and are writing a resume for a new job, you will need to include the professional experience section to your resume where you will let recruiters know the duties and responsibilities of the role that you have successfully performed.
You can make this section easily and quickly by utilizing the sample sales and events manager job description provided above.
Sales and Events Manager Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
When hiring for the position of a sales and events manager in their organizations, recruiters set out to find candidates who will be effective in carrying out the purpose, obligations, and objectives of the role.
To achieve the goal, recruiters typically present a list of requirements that applicants for the sales and events manager position must fulfill to be considered for employment. Here are major ones:
- A sales and events manager must possess the excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions. He or she must also demonstrate a positive attitude while communicating with clients or co-workers
- Maintain a good composure and organization in order to efficiently and effectively carry out his or her duties
- A sales and events manager must demonstrate accountability; the ability to be responsible, reliable, or amenable. He or she must be able to answer for the total expenditures and budgets in the course of planning, organizing, running, or marketing an event
- Another major skill or qualification a sales and events manager should possess is resiliency; the ability to be strong and flexible. He or she must be able to endure tribulation and come up with a new plan when there is a glitch, or when all isn’t going as planned
- He or she must demonstrate the ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail.
If you are an HR manager or recruiter hiring for the sales and events manager role, you will need to make and publish a description of the job together with the job advertisement to inform prospective candidates of the kind of duties they will be expected to perform if hired.
The job description example provided above gives you typical duties and responsibilities performed by individuals who work as sales and events managers.
You can apply these duties with some modification where necessary in creating the perfect description for the position in your organization.
This post is also useful to individuals who are interested in the sales and events manager career and want to increase their knowledge of what the role entails.
On this page, they get detailed information of the duties and responsibilities commonly assigned to the role in most organizations.
Did this article increase your knowledge of what sales and events managers do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You may also share your job description if you work as a sales and events manager.