This post presents complete information on the job description of a senior graphic designer, to help you learn what they do.
What Does a Senior Graphic Designer Do?
The senior graphic designer is a lead graphic designer who supervises the work of other graphic designers, putting them through in creating and executing fresh designs.
His/her job description also entails assigning key responsibilities to members of the team and implementing new strategies to enhance effective performance and delivery amongst team members.
As an expert in the field, he/she makes use of his/her wealth of experience to effectively understand client job needs and communicate them to other team members who may not understand clients’ perception.
This enables the head designer to clear any doubt that other designers may have about the job, and gives them the clarity needed for effective performance.
As a leader, the senior graphic designer is knowledgeable about all aspects of graphic designing and assigns roles to team members based on their strengths to harness their skills and increase production speed through division of labor.
This makes the job to be completed on time, and to meet project deadline and client satisfaction.
The senior graphic designer takes responsibility of brand oversight, and is also in charge of brand creative assets.
He/she is always on hand to identify and create best designs for projects, and to provide solutions to all creative assets.
He/she plays the role of gatekeeper in the design department by scrutinizing what goes in and what comes out of the department.
He/she examines all ideas suggested by clients and executives carefully to ensure that they have potentials; and also evaluates designs of other team members to ensure that they meet client standard and specification before they are taken out.
Senior graphic designers liaise with production managers and the technical and administrative teams in the creation and execution of projects, keeping them abreast with any developments on projects and seeking their suggestions on new techniques to be employed in the execution of projects.
Senior Graphic Designer Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Here is an example of job description for the position of senior graphic designer, showing some of the key duties, tasks and responsibilities holders of the position usually perform in most organizations where their expertise is needed.
- Create new and original designs from scratch for brands based on client specification, needs and brand image
- Supervise projects to ensure that all materials ordered arrive upon agreed time and are in good shape to obtain maximum results
- Make sure that job deadlines are met in due time, ensuring that job quality is nothing short of the best
- Create and maintain files for all creative assets and resources, such as software, art materials, and special fonts, which are needed for record keeping and referencing
- Evaluate and manage production resources to enhance high productivity and allocations
- Facilitate product campaigns and marketing via emails, microsites and other landing pages to boost client to customer interactions
- Liaise with other members of the graphic design team to maximize creativity and excellence in performance and delivery
- Supervise and mentor design staff on project execution, and submit performance report on assigned projects to the executives for appraisal.
Senior Graphic Designer Job Description for Resume
The sample given above for the job description of the senior graphic designer lists some important functions of the role.
These duties and responsibilities can be used in writing a resume that will vividly show the employer that the owner has the competence to effectively do the job.
Senior Graphic Designer Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
Below are key attributes, including knowledge, skills, and abilities, usually expected by employers that the individual aspiring to the position of the senior graphic designer should possess to succeed on the job.
They are usually basic requirements for most employers when hiring for the position.
- Degree in Design or in a related field from a recognized institution
- Creative with the ability to make designs from the scratch
- Have good knowledge of corporate branding, digital media and color theory
- Have good information finding skills
- Knowledgeable about Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, and other design software programs
- Ability to imbibe good time management and multitasking skills in executing projects
- Good managerial skills to carry other team members along.
Please share this page: If you enjoyed our senior graphic designer job description sample, which you can use as a template in making job descriptions, please share it with friends on your favorite social media platform, thanks!
Related: #1: Graphic Designer Job Description Sample