Administrative Assistant Resume Example
A good resume is needed to realize your dream of getting the administrative assistant job position you’ve always wanted.
You should know that just as you want to be employed, there are lots of other people out there who are equally gunning for the same job.
There is a tough competition out there for the job of admin assistant and only those who have great resumes stand a better chance of being invited to an interview.
To ensure you are one of those to be invited to an interview, you must be able to back up your application with a strong and effective resume.
If your budget does not allow you to use the services of a professional resume writer to help you create a resume, you can actually learn and develop the skills of resume writing so that you will be able to prepare it for yourself whenever you need to submit one.
All you need to do is to find a few examples of professionally prepared resumes for the position and use them as templates in creating your own.
The administrative assistant resume sample below is a good example of great resumes, which you can study and use as a template in making yours.
Administrative Assistant Resume Example/Sample/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking the position of administrative assistant in a growing firm where I would utilize my well developed skill in solving administrative problems and attending to details in a challenging environment.
Four years experience performing various office duties, where certain distinct skills are perfected, including office management policies, ledger balancing, secretarial functions, and book keeping.
Effectively handled office duties which have to do with document preparation, organizing meetings, and scheduling appointments.
Nominated Staff of the Year in 2013 by WENTG Company, for excellent performance in providing support for the smooth operation of the office.
- Four years experience building organizations applying sound managerial skills
- Ability to apply high sense of discretion in attending to all assignments
- Ability to handle sensitive company materials and maintain strict confidentiality with all information
- Sound communication skills for building relationship and creating a friendly and collaborative environment
- Ability to perform research and adhere to established processes and procedures in executing company projects
- Proficient in business writing and office record documentation duties
- Ability to screen calls, plan departmental meetings, and prepare travel schedules
- Two year experience working with VPs, directors, and mangers.
- Strong knowledge of computers and ability to work with various computer applications to perform office duties.
WENTG Company – hometown, BA
2011 – Present
- Maintain company database by retrieving, documenting, and organizing information for staff, individuals, and clients
- Responsible for establishing and appropriating company’s policies, protocol and procedures for all departments
- Responsible for training and giving orientation to newly recruited staff
- Responsible for placing order for office equipment and supplies for effective running of the company
- Prepare spreadsheets and presentations for corporate executives in various board meetings
- Arrange weekly schedules, travel reports, office keys, phones, parking and credit cards
- Delegate duties to departmental staff to sort and distribute communication data
- Ensure that the IT department run the company’s website smoothly.
- Assist with secretarial duties involving documentation, faxing, and mailing
- Ensure that communication through the telephone is always intact, and that bills are paid promptly.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, University of Benjamin, Seattle.
- Certificate in office management, Institute of Learning, 2011.
- Business certificate, Birmingham institution, NY.
- Secretarial studies certificate, Institute of Learning, 2010.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.