Old Navy Sales Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are looking to work at Old Navy as a sales associate and want to know the job description for the role to help you prepare well for the job, this post will be helpful to you.
It covers in detail the duties, tasks, and responsibilities you may be assigned if hired as a sales associate at the Old Navy retail store.
This post also provides information on the requirements you may be expected to meet at the Old Navy to qualify to access the job of a sales associate.
Please, continue reading:
What Does an Old Navy Sales Associate Do?
Sales associates at Old Navy work as a member of the retail store with the primary responsibility of providing seamless shopping and positive brand experience for customers.
They work with customers to understand their needs, help them locate what they want, and ensure a smooth sales process.
Working as a sales associate with Old Navy requires that they will be responsible for providing support to customers, welcoming them as they approach the store, and directing them to the right section if needed, as well as responding to queries and handling of minor customer concerns.
An Old Navy sales associate is the first customer contact when they arrive at the store. So to be hired as a sales associate, it is important that applicants have a warm and pleasant personality, possess communication skills to sustain customer interaction, and customer service skills, as well as outstanding teamwork skills and math skills to handle cash transactions when required.
They may not be required to have a High School diploma because many of the Old Navy sales associates are High School students. But their record from school must show that they have a strong work ethic.
Old Navy Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Old Navy sales associate performs various functions, including providing a smooth and positive customer experience for customers starting from the point of entry to when they leave the store.
Shown below are major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Old Navy Sales Associate work description:
- Stand by the door and welcome customers on arrival
- Respond to customer questions with regards to their intended purchase
- Assist the customers with returns and refunds, and resolve complaints that may arise from their transactions with Old Navy
- Stock clothes and rearrange clothes that got out of order on the shelves
- May be required to manage a section of the sales floor, e.g., may be assigned to handle the women’s or children’s section
- Keep the designated store sections clean, including putting all clothes in order, folding them, and keeping them in their right positions
- Greet customers as they arrive at the fitting room and keep the area tidy and organized at all times
- Take clothes from the fitting room to the sales floor
- Take advantage of sales and customer relationship opportunities by informing them of store promotions
- Provide additional information such as fabric, washing instructions, and style, price, and fit to influence the customer’s purchase decision
- Required to stay aware of and contribute to monthly goals
- Responsible for maintaining the store floor standards and restocking items promptly to ensure the optimal customer experience
- Promote Old Navy’s product and be an example for new associates to emulate
- Engage with the customer, listen to them actively, and also observe non-verbal cues to anticipate their service needs
- Ensure to keep all Old Navy’s Visual elements maintained on the sales floor
- Carry out cash wrap transaction processes promptly and accurately as required
- Ensure that all cash wrap supplies are in stock and organized
- Operate the cash register and check out customers after purchases as needed
- Be aware of and comply with all company-defined policies and procedures.
Old Navy Sales Associate Job Description for Resume
You can apply the Old Navy sales associate job description sample shown above in making your resume if you have worked or are presently working as a sales associate at the company.
You can apply the duties and responsibilities of sales associates working at the Old Navy store shared above in making the professional experience section of your resume.
Old Navy Sales Associate Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
When hiring for the Old Navy sales associate position, recruiters typically expect prospective candidates to meet certain requirements to prove that they will be effective in performing the obligations, purpose, and objectives of the job.
Shown below are requirements applicants for the job of sales associate at Old Navy may be expected to meet to qualify to access the position:
- Education: There is no formal education requirement to work as a sales association at Old Navy, but many of them are either High School or College students
- Knowledge: They look out for people with passion for apparel, and who are also knowledgeable of fashion trends. It is vital because it helps them thrive and drive sales and stay motivated as they execute company processes and procedures
- Communication skills: To work as an Old Navy sales associate, you must possess clear communication skills. As the first contact person at the point of entry, sales floor, or the fitting rooms, it is essential that you can interact and engage with customers. Interacting with them offers you a chance to influence their purchase decisions while providing customer support
- Teamwork abilities: They must also possess the ability to work as part of a team and contribute to group goals
- Customer service skills: The primary responsibility of a sales associate is to provide customer support and promote smooth shopping experience. So it is crucial that they have the required personality traits and skills to be patient and helpful when dealing with customers
- Time management skills: They must be able to respond promptly to customers, fold clothes quickly, and adequately time when to utilize point of sales tips.
This post, including the sample sales associate work description provided will help you to learn about the duties and responsibilities of the role if you are looking to work as a sales associate at Old Navy.
Recruiters for retail stores can also find this post helpful in writing effective job description for the sales associate position in their organizations, which Is similar to the Old Navy.
Did this article help increase your knowledge of what sales associates at the Old Navy do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. Do also share your job description if you work at the Old Navy as a sales associate.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.