If you are writing a resume for a retail sales manager position, you need to make it show that you have what is required to succeed on the job.
You need to create a compelling retail sales manager resume from a good knowledge of the job’s description that is published by the employer, which shows what the job entails.
The retail sales manager’s job description usually entails developing and leading the retail sales team in ensuring that the store’s revenue targets are met and even surpassed.
He/she will equally ensure that the store’s operational objectives and customer satisfaction are achieved.
Those are the major tasks for the sales manager working in a retail store, which must be reflected strongly in their resume for it to be captivating to the employer.
Below is a sample resume for the retail sales manager position, which can serve as a guide to you in creating your resume for the same position.
You may add any other previous working experience you may have had before your present position.
All you need to do is to follow the format as given in the example below.
Retail Sales Manager Resume Sample/Example/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Looking forward to working as a Retail Sales Manager with ABC, bringing five years experience developing, and leading effective sales teams that usually meet and even exceed sales targets.
Highly talented sales manager with huge experience in retail store management, developing and training sales team on strategies and customer service delivery.
Declared outstanding at the launch of the award winning “loss prevention scheme” that became a worldwide standard for stores in the prevention of theft and burglary.
Made a ground-breaking achievement in sales by outpacing all local competitors in the region, pulling in $15million in sales in one year.
Stand out to be the only manager in the history of ABC Retail Company to take a new branch from zero sales to number one selling store with a turnover of $3M in less than 4 months.
Promoted to the position of district sales manager to govern 7 stores in the district, after making a record breaking profit of $39M in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Possess dynamic managerial creativity that helps to invent and implement business strategies for growth and development
- Ability to develop and attain personal/company goals, and to achieve monthly targets
- Ability to ensure that all financial objectives are achieved promptly; schedule expenditures, and prepare financial documents and annual budget
- Ability to implement specific marketing techniques after evaluating the financial statements, monthly sales performance, market trend and customer’s response
- Ability to constantly build sound rapport with new and existing customers to determine and identify current and future customer demands.
ABC Retail Company, New Denver, FG
2008 – Present
Retail Sales Manager
- Responsible for recruiting potential staff for leadership training and grooming
- Maintain stability between customers and staff by critically investigating customer complaints
- Ensure that staff performance is in tune with company’s standard and demands through constant counseling, monitoring and training program
- Update knowledge by attending professional training program, seminar, conferences, and educational workshops; and participating in professional societies, and reading professional publications
- Keep the operational standard of the company steadily high by ensuring that policies and procedures are initiated, coordinated, and implemented accordingly
- Maintain the inflow of merchandise from suppliers by approving supply contracts with reputable establishments; and also monitoring inventories.
EDUCATION AND ONGOING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, Hut Ville, VF, 2005
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, University of Colorado, MK, 2008.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.