Real Estate Consultant Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a real estate consultant, to enable you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically define the real estate consultant work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to meet by recruiters/employers if you are seeking the real estate consultant job.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the real estate consultant career:
What Does a Real Estate Consultant Do?
A real estate consultant is responsible for giving advice to clients based on matters of investments in the real estate market; he/she may also work as a realtor who provides assistance to clients in the process of selling and/or buying properties.
A real estate consultant may work for an organization or as an independent contractor. However, he/she must be able to generate leads by carrying out online research, networking, and sending letters of solicitation via mail or email.
In other words, a real estate consultant refers to one whose profession is to advise clients about real estate decisions, since, most times, a variety of individuals and/or clients looking to buy a residence to live in or a property to invest in for profit.
One of the core tasks that are carried out by real estate consultants is to utilize a significant amount of their time to find and attract clients, which may include activities such as cold-calling, following up on leads, marketing, and presenting business ideas to investor clubs and a range of other interested groups.
The real estate consultant job description entails consulting research by keeping a close eye on the list of available real estate and paying attention to market trends, demographics, and several other information that affect the buying and selling processes of a real estate.
It is also highly important that a real estate consultant serve clients better by building and maintaining healthy relationships with them through interpersonal activities like communicating with them about their needs, learning about their likes and dislikes, assisting them with financial concerns, and answering any questions they may have about buying processes, and accompanying them to sites often or when required.
A real estate consultant must also prepare, oversee, and handle paperwork, especially in collaboration with legal professionals.
If you are seeking the real estate consultant role, recruiters/employers may want you to have certain skills and qualities, including excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good listening skills; excellent negotiation skills, math aptitude and the ability to manage and explain financial solutions, and good marketing skills; attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, and familiarity with all real estate rules and regulations.
In terms of academic qualifications, the job role/position of a real estate consultant demands that the ideal candidate possesses a College Degree in Real Estate, Business, or a in a related discipline.
Real estate consultant salary: According to Payscale, the average salary for a real estate consultant is $62,374 annually.
Real Estate Consultant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Real estate consultants perform the responsibilities:
- Finding, scouting, and identifying investors with property consultancy needs
- Keeping in touch with clients via calls and emails to notify them of the consultancy services offer
- Securing a consulting deal by preparing and presenting business proposals to clients to convince them of his/her consultancy services
- Advertising, marketing, and promoting property vacancies to attract prospective tenants
- Carrying out thorough research and analysis of the real estate and/or property market to identify areas with increasing demand and profitability
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate knowledge of government policies and relationships with legal professionals and other consultants to exchange information and boost personal networks
- Liaising with legal counsels to prepare sale and lease documents
- Overseeing and handling negotiations with real estate agents and/or realtors on behalf of clients.
Real Estate Consultant Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and are presently holding the position of a real estate consultant or have worked before in that position, you should add the professional experience section to your resume/CV.
The professional or work experience section of your resume/CV is an opportunity to show that you have been successful performing the job of a real estate consultant.
This piece of information can be very valuable as it can actually influence the recruiter/employer to invite you to an interview, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires candidates to have some real estate consultant work experience to be effective on the job.
You can create an impressive professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the real estate consultant job description sample shown above.
Real Estate Consultant Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the real estate consultant role, the following are major requirements most recruiters/employers may want you to fulfill:
- A real estate agent or broker’s license in his/her state
- Strong negotiation skills, since a real estate consultant must conduct negotiations with real estate agents and/or realtors on behalf of clients
- Excellent customer service skills, since a real estate consultant is required to attract clients and maintain a healthy relationship with them
- Strong analytical skills, as he/she must conduct research and analyze the property market to find a profitable deal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since a real estate consultant must liaise and work closely and communicate with clients, as well as other professionals
- Several years of professional and proven-work experience in a relevant position and/or industry
- A College Degree in Real Estate or Business or in a related discipline.
This article is useful to individuals interested in the real estate consultant career.
They can improve their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities performed by real estate consultants, and so will be able to correctly decide if it’s the right career for them.
This post is also helpful to recruiters/employers looking to find and hire qualified individuals for the real estate consultant position in their companies they want to fill.
They can create an effective job description for the vacant real estate consultant position by applying the sample job description on this page.