Real Estate Assistant Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post presents complete information on the job description of a real estate assistant, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the real estate assistant work description.
It also provides major employers/recruiters’ requirements for the real estate assistant role that individuals seeking the position must fulfill to be hired.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the real estate assistant career:
What Does a Real Estate Assistant Do?
A real estate assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to brokers and carrying out a variety of other duties that are related to property leasing and marketing.
His/her job description entails completing clerical duties and providing support with daily business operations.
It also involves answering phone calls, gathering and providing information to agents on client communications, operating various office equipment, drafting contracts, preparing presentations, and attending to clients’ inquiries.
One of the important tasks that are executed by a real estate assistant is support a realtor or a real estate agent in his/her activities by carrying out tasks assigned to him/her efficiently and on time.
He/she may also be required to assist real estate agents in the process of soliciting potential clients to buy, sell, or rent properties.
Another task that is carried out by a real estate assistant is to solicit and gather information from clients and other required sources for the real estate agent to be aware of the list and types of available properties.
A real estate assistant may also be saddled with the responsibility of searching for properties by acting as an informant for a real estate agent or as a guide for clients, and he/she liaises and works collaboratively with realtors and clients to understand their needs and generate a list of properties.
He/she may also be responsible for tracking local market conditions and this requires him/her to possess adequate knowledge of the local area and real estate market to have an idea of what is on the market.
He or she may also be required to support marketing and promotional activities by maintaining and expanding client base through promotional activities such as sending out mailers, attending network events, and receiving referrals from satisfied clients.
Individuals seeking to work as a real estate assistant are expected to possess certain skills and qualities, including good negotiation skills, excellent promotional and marketing skills, and adequate experience of the real estate industry; strong writing and numeracy skills, good verbal and written communication skills, and excellent multitasking skills; well-developed interpersonal skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and customer service orientation; excellent teamwork skills and good time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the real estate assistant position does not necessarily require a specific degree; however, the ideal candidate may possess a High School Diploma.
Real estate assistant salary: The average salary for a real estate assistant, according to Payscale, is $39,156 annually.
Real Estate Assistant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Real estate assistants perform the responsibilities:
- Connecting clients to other professionals such as mortgage brokers, home inspectors, and contractors, as assigned by the real estate agent/realtor
- Guaranteeing a steady stream of clients by actively engaging in marketing and promotional activities
- Accompanying clients to inspect properties when required
- Keeping and maintaining efficient and accurate filing systems
- Photocopying and keeping an accurate and up-to-date record of sales documents
- Paying attention and attending to customer inquiries
- Advising clients on prices, mortgages, market conditions, and several other related information
- Gathering, preparing, and processing documents, such as loyalty contracts, purchase agreements, and deeds.
Real Estate Assistant Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have previously worked in the role of a real estate assistant or are presently working in that position, you should show to the recruiter/employer that you have such work experience.
It is beneficial to your resume/CV to have the professional or work experience section in it to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a real estate assistant.
This piece of information can significantly influence the recruiter/employer to give you an interview appointment, especially if it is important to have some real estate assistant work experience to succeed on the new job.
You can create a detailed and effective professional experience part of your resume/CV by applying the real estate assistant job description example above.
Real Estate Assistant Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the role of a real estate assistant, here are typical requirements most recruiters/employers may expect you to meet to be hired:
- Profound experience and in-depth knowledge of the real estate industry, since he/she must be informed about current trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since a real estate assistant will be required to liaise with realtors and clients, and also write important documents
- Excellent multitasking abilities which will enable him/her to handle several tasks efficiently and effectively at the same time
- Good organization skills, since a real estate assistant works with a large number of documents, buyers, and sellers, therefore, he/she must effectively keep track of appointments and commitments
- Strong promotional and marketing skills, as he/she must attract buyers and build a strong client base through referrals, outreaches, and advertising
- Several years of professional work experience
- At least a High School Diploma, although no specific degree is required.
This post is useful to individuals interested in becoming a real estate assistant; they will be able to learn all what the job entails and decide if it’s what they want to do.
This article is also helpful to recruiters/employers looking to hire qualified individuals for the vacant real estate assistant role in their companies.
They can apply the sample real estate assistant job description provided above in making a detailed description of the position for use in the recruitment process.