Real Estate Developer Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a real estate developer, to help increase your knowledge of what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the real estate developer work description.
It also presents the major requirements recruiters/employers may want you to meet to be hired for the real estate developer role.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the real estate developer career:
What Does a Real Estate Developer Do?
A real estate developer is responsible for overseeing and coordinating construction ability with investor needs and handling the development of real estate following customer requirements and market trends.
The real estate developer job description entails carrying out duties such as ensuring clear title heads, maintaining knowledge of land legal dues, obtaining the necessary and required clearances, discussing project specifications with clients, and ensuring that projects are completed on time.
It also involves overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of real estate development, as well as renovation projects.
In essence, the real estate developer oversees the purchase of existing or undeveloped residential, commercial, or industrial real estates, and also makes improvements on the buildings, or constructing new ones when required.
One of the core responsibilities of a real estate developer is to provide excellent customer service to current and potential clients by developing and maintaining healthy relationships with them through activities such as answering queries, responding to complaints, and making sure that the satisfaction of customers is optimized at all times.
He/she must also meet and liaise with clients to discuss project specifications and requirements.
A real estate developer is also saddled with the responsibility of liaising and working closely with a team of architects and engineers by bringing ideas to them, while also offering constructive feedback on the ideas of others, for all ongoing and upcoming projects.
He/she also must oversee the recruitment and training of new members to be a part of the project development team.
He/she is also required to utilize his/her basic accounting skills to handle the financial aspect of a real estate development project by ensuring that all expenses are in strict compliance with the budget.
Some of the required skills and qualities you need to have to succeed on the job of a real estate developer include excellent customer service skills, real estate expertise, and strong networking skills; good problem-solving skills, adequate knowledge of industry legal aspects, and good time management skills; deadline orientation and computer competencies.
In terms of academic qualifications, the job role/position of a real estate developer demands that the ideal candidate possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Architecture, or Management, or in any other related discipline.
Real estate developer salary: The average salary for a real estate developer, according to Payscale, is $96,941 annually.
Real Estate Developer Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Real estate developers perform the responsibilities:
- Overseeing and managing the development of site plans, including the evaluation of current conditions, estimation, and the projection of future value
- Examining and analyzing the existing economic, demographic, market, and environmental variables to determine areas for expansion
- Reviewing sites to assess costs and required steps for zoning, local ordinances, and acceptability
- Liaising and working closely with contractors, realtors, engineers, designers, municipal government officials, attorneys, and several other required and necessary professionals
- Identifying and examining the development potential of specific tracts of land
- Choosing sites for commercial, residential, and/or industrial development
- Hiring contractors and recruiting workers to execute real estate project development
- Spearheading the negotiation of terms and costs with contractors.
Real Estate Developer Job Description for Resume
If you are making a resume or CV for a new job and have worked before or are presently working in the position of a real estate developer, you need to add the professional experience section to your resume/CV to show your experience.
Having the professional or work experience part in your resume/CV helps you to effectively tell the recruiter/employer that you have a record of success on the real estate development role.
This piece of information can greatly boost your resume/CV and increase your chances of gaining an interview with the recruiter/employer, especially if the new job requires some work experience as a real estate developer.
You can quickly and easily make an effective professional experience section for your resume/CV by using the real estate developer job description above.
Real Estate Developer Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
If you are seeking the job of a real estate developer, here are major requirements employers/recruiters may want you to meet:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since a real estate developer must communicate efficiently with clients, contractors, workers, and several other professionals
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, since he/she must liaise and work closely with attorneys, construction workers, and other necessary and relevant professionals
- Basic accounting and financial management skills, as it enables a real estate developer to effectively and efficiently handle the budgeting aspect of real estate development
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with basic office software such as the Microsoft Office Suite
- Good time management skills, since a developer must ensure that real estate development projects are executed on time
- Adequate knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Several years of professional experience in a relevant field
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Architecture, Management, or in other similar field.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the real estate developer career.
They will be able to gain the knowledge they need about the duties and responsibilities performed by real estate developers so they can decide if they are suited for the career.
Information on this page is also beneficial to recruiters/employers looking to hire for the vacant real estate developer position in their companies.
They can create a detailed description of the available real estate developer job for use in attracting and hiring competent individuals for the position by applying the sample work description provided above.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.