FedEx Courier Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post discussed everything about FedEx courier job description. You will learn what a FedEx courier do, including their main duties and responsibilities.
The requirements to meet to qualify for the role and salary package are also covered in this post.
What Does a FedEx Courier Do?
A FedEx courier loads and unloads airplanes and vehicles, sorts packages, and provides efficient package delivery and pick up; inspects cargo for compliance with FedEx features of service; assists customers with relevant service activities.
The FedEx courier ensures that packages, including hazardous material packages, are properly and securely loaded; performs aircraft loading of parcels using manoeuvres specific to aircraft type and loading requirements; loads and secures pallets on and off aircraft.
The FedEx courier makes sure that damaged or misdirected packages are properly reported by entering information into the computer terminal while still in transit; makes sure that correct labels are applied to all packages.
He/she makes certain that all packages and shipments are delivered with great care, complete accuracy of address for billing purposes, as well as good time; works with local couriers by transporting shipments from one location to another for local delivery.
His/her duties also involve placing and marking parcels on the hand truck and putting the parcel into final position in the aircraft for loading.
The FedEx courier is responsible for correctly recording all information about a product or shipment in the computer system; keeps records of drop off and pick up locations.
The courier must follow all safety standards, which are necessary to perform work activities according to established procedures.
He/she performs necessary additional duties as specified by management.
He/she makes sure that all packages are properly labelled; works with hazardous material packages and makes sure that they are properly loaded and delivered.
The Fedex courier is responsible for loading and unloading aircraft; to maintain a safe work environment for self, peers, and customers.
He/she must follow all safety procedures when handling aircraft, packages, or machinery; to follow all safety regulations in accordance with government guidelines.
The FedEx courier job description entails handling of customer service inquiries relating to the shipment of goods by air; completing related paperwork; following up on customer complaints and resolving any issues arising from the shipment of goods by air.
It also involves taking legible and accurate billing notes from each package and entering data into the computer system.
The FedEx courier ensures that all packages are delivered in accordance with accepted standards; handles customer service issues related to the shipment of goods by air or ground; and completes related paperwork.
He/she provides personal service to customers by greeting them, making relayed calls to passing aircraft, and directing aircraft after landing; and performing other duties as assigned.
A FedEx courier is in charge of picking up and delivering packages at homes and businesses along his/her route.
He/she must be able to load and unload aircraft and vehicles, sort packages, and perform other tasks required for efficient package delivery.
FedEx Courier Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The FedEx courier job description entails the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Operates forklifts, hand trucks, and other equipment to move cargo within the facility
- Prepares and maintains work areas in accordance with established standards
- Maintains cleanliness of all work areas and equipment
- Completes all required paperwork timely and accurately
- Follows all company policies and procedures
- Responds to emergency situations promptly
- Resolves customer complaints and issues
- Ensures that all customers are satisfied with the services provided
- Accurately records information in the system
- Adheres to safety rules and regulations
- Keeps informed about new developments in the industry
- Participates in training programs offered by FedEx
- Ensures management is notified of any problems or concerns
- Works cooperatively with others
- Performs other duties as assigned.
FedEx Courier Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before in the role of a courier at FedEx or are presently working in that position and are making a new resume/CV, then you can make a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume by applying the FedEx courier job description sample above.
By having a well-written Professional Experience that highlights the duties you have successfully performed as a courier with FedEx, you will be increasing your chances of being invited to an interview by the recruiter/employer, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires some work experience as a courier with FedEx or similar companies.
FedEx Courier Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for a Successful Career
If you are seeking to work as a courier with FedEx or other companies in the same industry, you will be expected to fulfil certain requirements, including:
- Must be 18 years old or more and be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Strong communication skills in English, with the ability to speak, write, and read
- Must be able walk long distances without becoming fatigued
- Must have stamina and endurance to be able to stand for long
- Must be able bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders, stairs, and ramps, and perform similar physical functions
- Must be able to see well enough to recognize objects at close range
- Must be able drive a motor vehicle safely
- Capacity for good judgment and common sense
- Must be able to handle stress and pressure that may be experienced on the job
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must really be able to deal with people effectively
- Must be able adapt quickly to changing conditions
- Must be able to respond appropriately to emergencies
- Must be able tolerate noise and vibration
- Must be able to withstand extreme conditions of heat and cold
- Must be able to work overtime.
FedEx Courier Salary
The salary of a FedEx courier is determined by experience and qualifications.
The average pay for a FedEx courier is $22 per hour according to Glassdoor, but it can range from $17 to $33.
As you gain more experience and skills, your hourly rate will increase accordingly.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in becoming a courier with FedEx or other like companies.
They will be able to increase their knowledge of what FedEx couriers do and then decide if that is what they want to do.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in the same industry as FedEx who are in the process of hiring for a courier role.
They can apply the sample FedEx courier job description provided above in creating an effective description of the position for use in their hiring process.