CVS Shift Supervisor Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post covers the job description of a CVS shift supervisor. You will learn what duties and responsibilities they are required to perform.
It also discusses the requirements to meet to qualify for the position of shift supervisor with CVS or other similar company, as well as the expected salary for the role.
What Does a CVS Shift Supervisor Do?
A CVS supervisor is responsible for managing shifts and scheduling the work week.
In addition to their regular duties, shift supervisors at CVS also supervise on-duty employees and establish priorities for the store like assigning staff members to particular tasks, for instance, working at reception desks or arranging merchandise on shelves, or cleaning the aisles.
The CVS shift supervisor ensures staff compliance with company policies and procedures.
Addressing any misconduct or violation of company standards, the CVS shift supervisor will also assist in training new or inexperienced employees and provide regular feedback to store management.
The shift supervisor at CVS is responsible for handling customer complaints.
If it is a question regarding a product or a complaint about a CVS employee’s customer service skills, the shift supervisor is expected to resolve the issue promptly, courteously, and efficiently.
The CVS shift supervisor must deal with any potential hazards that may arise while on duty, including customer accidents, equipment malfunctions, and other dangerous situations which may threaten customers’ health or property damage to the store itself.
The shift supervisor is required to report any safety concerns or problems to the appropriate parties.
In addition, the CVS shift supervisor must train employees on how to complete their assigned tasks in a way that does not endanger their health and safety.
The shift supervisor must ensure that the products stocked at CVS are displayed and stored correctly by following company procedures and guidelines established for each department within the store.
The CVS shift supervisor’s duties also include serving customers in person, on the phone, or via email, regarding product questions or complaints.
He/she should have good listening skills as well as strong communication skills when dealing with customers in person or over the phone.
The CVS shift supervisor job description also entails ensuring a clean, safe, and well-organized store environment.
In order to accomplish this, the shift supervisor will be responsible for making sure all CVS employees are properly trained and follow safety protocols while on the clock.
A CVS shift supervisor is required to supervise employees by setting expectations, providing constructive feedback, and helping them improve their performance.
In addition, it is also important that the shift supervisor works closely with store management in order to communicate concerns about employee performance or customer service.
The shift supervisor must be aware of CVS policies and procedures and assist in the training of new or inexperienced employees.
In addition, the CVS shift supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all employees are properly trained before moving on to another area within the store.
The shift supervisor should be familiar with the products stocked within the store, have a good knowledge of company policies and procedures, and be able to provide expert advice for any customer questions or concerns.
A CVS shift supervisor is responsible for reporting any accidents which occur during on-duty hours to the appropriate parties and to maintain accurate records of all products damaged during normal business hours.
In addition, the shift supervisor must be prepared to handle any unexpected situations that may arise in order to maintain customer satisfaction levels.
CVS Shift Supervisor Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The CVS shift supervisor’s job description usually consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Assigns tasks and responsibilities to staff members
- Maintains a clean, organized work space
- Enforces company policy and procedures
- Supervises employees and provides guidance
- Responsible for hiring, firing, disciplining, promoting, demoting, and transferring employees
- Provides technical assistance to managers and supervisors
- Develops and maintains effective communication skills
- Communicates effectively with co-workers and others
- Manages conflict among team members and resolves conflicts as needed
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees adhere to company standards of conduct and ethics
- Establishes and enforces rules and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CVS Shift Supervisor Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked before or are presently working as a shift supervisor with CVS, you can make your resume more effective by showing this experience in the Professional Experience section.
You can create an effective professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the duties and responsibilities presented in the CVS shift supervisor job description above.
Having a professional experience section that shows you have been successful in the role of a shift supervisor can greatly enhance your chances of getting an interview with the recruiter/employer, especially if the new position you are seeking requires having some work experience as a shift supervisor with CVS or other like companies.
CVS Shift Supervisor Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for a Successful Career
If you are seeking the job of a shift supervisor with CVS or other companies in the same industry, here are some requirements you might be expected to meet to be hired:
- Must be at least 18 years old and be able to bend, stoop, crouch, and kneel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a drug test
- Must be available to work overtime
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more and stand for extended length of time daily
- Must be able and willing to comply with all reasonable requests by management
- Must be able meet deadlines
- Must be able communicate well with customers and co-workers
- Must be able demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Must be able to communicate effectively, that is, speak, read, and write in English
- Must be able to speak Spanish
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to use a computer
- Must be able to drive a vehicle
- Must be able to work overtime
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have the ability to work night and weekend shifts and to travel at short notice
- Must be able to wear uniform
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment training program.
CVS Shift Supervisor Salary
The salary range for a CVS shift supervisor varies, depending upon experience. According to Glassdoor, the average starting salary for someone with no experience is $30,461 per year.
However, people with more than 10 years of experience can expect to earn annual average salary of $55,000.
This post is beneficial to individuals interested in the shift supervisor career with CVS or other companies in the industry.
They will be able to boost their knowledge of what the shift supervisor does, that is, the duties and responsibilities that characterise their job description.
With this knowledge, they can decide correctly if the shift supervisor’s role is what they want to do.
This post is also beneficial to employers/recruiters in the same industry as CVS who desire to find and hire the best persons for the shift supervisor position in their organizations.
They can create an effective description of the vacant role in their companies by applying the sample CVS shift supervisor job description provided above, which they can apply in their recruitment process.