To prepare a resume by yourself for use in hunting for the executive assistant position, you can study a number of well written resume samples on the position, and learn how to write your own too.
Below is an example of a good resume for the executive assistant job, showing important sections that make resumes effective and capable of winning interview appointments with employers.
The resume should highlight key skills, knowledge, abilities, education, and experience that are needed to succeed as an executive assistant.
The objective section should state clearly the position you are applying for. This section is also an opportunity to start selling your service to the employer by letting them know what you are bringing to the table.
Other sections as you can see in the sample below are the “core competencies”, “professional experience”, and the “educational and professional training” sections.
Having a resume in this format and filling the sections assures the employer that the resume owner knows exactly what the job is about, and has the experience and capacity to excel on it.
Executive Assistant Resume Sample/Example/Template
ABC Link Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 77777 • Home: (111) 555-9999, Cell: (222) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Seeking to work as an Executive Assistant to the CEO, bringing 6 years experience and exceptional skills in administrative work to enhancing the CEO’s operations.
- Profound knowledge of all executive assistant’s responsibilities
- Resourceful in performing general and academic research, as well as making inquries
- Excellent in pressure management
- Great human relation and communication skills
- Great skills in applying and using computers and in preparing necessary documents
- Profound ability in writing, editing and proofreading press releases
- Ability to organize and setup conference calls, staff and management meetings, as well as the ability to call for urgent meetings when the need arises
- Exceptional ability to setup and make traveling arrangements for chief executives
- Exceptional ability in database development and maintenance
- Exceptional ability to plan, set-up and schedule calendars, and organize executive libraries.
Segkof INC., Atlanta
2004 – Present
- Coordinate research alongside other secretaries
- Keep the calendar of the chief executive and regulate his plan for movement based on priority
- Conduct, write correspondence and company report and prepare presentation for the office meeting with the computer
- Coordinate and train the new company recruited staff and orientate them on the policy of the company and coordinate their research
- Ensure proper company outlook and act as the liaison officer and create easy communication medium among the staff
- Monitor the human relation of the other secretary and the level of performance and ability of each staff in the department
- Handle and manage the company’s database, network all the offices to foster easy communication through a chat window and ensure the maximum free flow of information round the office
- Accompany counsel to depositions to assist with relevant documents when needed and to also have a knowledge of what to look for should the case end in court
- Take record of all meetings done in the firm for easy access when it is needed
- Ensure great administrative assistance is given to the executive officer, make necessary arrangement for business trip
- Coordinate logistics, manage finance, communication and policy compliance and resolution of problem.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management, XYZ University, California, 2008
- Masters in Resource Management, XYZ University, California, 2009
- Certification in Project and Database Management and Networking, XYX Computer Institute, California, 2009
- Certification, Word Processing, Graphics Development and Design, XYZ Training Center, California, 2010
- Certification, Human Relation and Development Agent, 2010.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.