Electronic Sales Associate Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does an Electronic Sales Associate Do?
Electronic sales associates have the responsibility to proactively engage customers at the store, qualifying them and providing correct and useful answers to their questions relating to products; and to finally ensure that sales are successfully closed.
The job description of electronic sales associates involves interacting with customers to ensure increased product sales.
He/she educate newly hired retail sales associates as well as customers on the products offered by the store.
His/her role also involves merchandising and performing product demonstrations, and effectively representing the company and its clients at all times.
The associate must maintain a deep knowledge of his/her company’s client’s electronic products to be effective on the job by participating in various in-house and manufacturer training programs.
His/her work description entails helping customers choose the perfect product for their needs by explaining to them the features of each product and their benefits.
It also involves the associate selling extended service protection and installation on certain products where applicable.
He/she enters sales in company computerized Point of Sales system, including information such as payment, product, customer, pricing, order status, and delivery.
He/she is also responsible for following up on open orders and make sure they are successfully completed.
The sales associate duties also include promoting the company’s credit card and applying a computerized program in processing the application.
He/she is expected to provide excellent service to customers both in person and over the telephone before, during, and after the sale.
Electronic Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Electronic sales associates perform various functions in providing excellent service to customers and driving sales of electronic products.
The job description that may be handed to newly hired sales associates in most retail electronic stores is shown below, consisting of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Maintain the desired behavior of company device evangelist and brand ambassador
- Interact with customer in an expert, professional manner by educating customers and effectively applying selling tenants
- Perform all administrative functions of the sale process, including accepting customer payments, opening and closing POS system, balancing register and scheduling bank pick-up service or making daily cash deposits, filing the completed orders, and pulling products from inventory
- Perform troubleshoot on-site and ensure all displayed merchandise are in good working condition; replace any bad product as necessary promptly
- Provide assistance to customers in setting up purchased devices and also assist them to fix devices that are not operational if necessary
- Perform merchandising and resetting of the store
- Providing assistance to managers in performing operational functions such as inventory management and pricing verification
- May be responsible for opening and closing the store, handling the store alone, and making decisions independently in assisting customers to resolve issues
- Ensure products are always available at the store for customers by receiving and restocking products from stockroom
- Provide assistance to managers in ensuring the physical safety of store and merchandise.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Electronic Sales Associate Role
If you are seeking the role of a sales associate in an electronic store, you will need to meet certain requirements from employers for them to be sure you will be effective on the job.
Here are the common skills, abilities, and knowledge; and experience and educational qualification that you need to have to meet the requirements commonly set by employers for the electronic sales associate position:
- Possess deep knowledge of product and the ability to effectively and clearly demonstrate and explain program offers, pricing, and product features to customers
- Good working experience dealing face-to-face with customers in a retail environment, preferably high-tech products or consumer electronics
- Ability to operate flexible work hours, including holidays, weekends, and nights
- Strong ability to work with little or no supervision and independently
- Experience working with customers, assisting them in person and on phone; tracking and recording traffic data and sales; participating in trainings; merchandising products and materials for promotion; receiving inventory and keeping product demos functional; and cleaning and maintaining presentation standards
- Ability to simplify a product solution by applying deep knowledge acquired from training resources
- Possess high school diploma or similar qualification
- Strong communication skills, both in written and verbal forms
- Ability to maintain a poised, composed, and professional attitude
- Detail oriented individual with strong drive to achieve work success
- Ability to work for up to 8 hours standing, and to pull, push, and carry or lift items up to 40 pounds.
The sample job description and information contained in this post is useful to employers who are looking to hire for the electronic sales associate position in their company.
They can create effective description for the electronic sales associate role that can improve their chances of attracting the best candidates for the job.
You will also find this post helpful if you are looking to start a career in the electronic retail sales industry as you will learn all you need to about the duties and responsibilities of electronic sales associates from this post.
Did this post help you to understand what electronic sales associates do? Please, leave a comment of your thoughts about this article in the box below. You can also share your job description if you work in an electronic retail store as a sales associate.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.