Sample Absorption and Adsorption Engineer Cover Letter
When you are seeking the job of an absorption and adsorption engineer, your first contact with the employer is your cover letter.
This is the letter you write to the employer in response to their advertisement for the job; to tell them you are qualified and are interested in the offer.
Your cover letter really has to convince the recruiter that you are the best person for the position for them to give you an opportunity of an interview.
Remember that you may not be the only person vying for the absorption and adsorption engineering job. In fact, there may be many chemical engineers interested in this job, but the company cannot employ everyone.
To get the best candidates, the company will have to use certain screening measures to reduce the number of candidates that will be invited to an interview, and the first stage of doing this is usually from the cover letters sent in by applicants.
The quality of your cover letter can determine if the employer will take an interest in your application or not, so make sure it is effective.
How to Make an Effective Absorption and Adsorption engineer Cover Letter
The way to write a compelling cover letter for the absorption and adsorption engineer position is to communicate what the hirer is looking for.
When looking for the right people to employ for a position, employers generally set some requirements as well as the duties and responsibilities the successful candidates will be expected to perform successfully on the job.
These requirements and job roles are conveyed in the position’s job description, which the employer publishes.
Therefore, to get the employer’s attention with your cover letter, you must let them know that you can excel in performing the duties of absorption and adsorption engineer and you have the required skills, abilities, experience, and other relevant qualities to succeed in the role.
You can emphasize your experience if you have a good number of years to show on the job and if the job description published by the employer shows experience is important to them. This will certainly give you an edge over other applicants with little or no experience.
Now, let’s look at the common duties and responsibilities of absorption and adsorption engineers that commonly make up their job description:
Absorption and Adsorption Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of chemical engineering to design equipment and develop chemical processes to be able to effectively remove and separate components of liquid solutions or gas mixtures by the principles of absorption and adsorption
- Apply equipment such as crushers, kilns, grinders, screens, compressors, pumps, separators, pipelines, tanks, and valves in developing processes and directing workers
- Supervise workers regulating the flow of gas or liquid through an adsorbent platform such as clays, fullers earth, bone char and charcoal in granular form, and carbons by percolation method
- Supervise workers mixing adsorbent with gas or liquid, using filtration method to remove adsorbent
- Supervise workers applying absorption technique in removing soluble constituent of vapor or gas by having it dissolved in a suitable liquid; workers applying towers or packed columns with liquid sprayed into them.
Requirements for Absorption and Adsorption Engineer Role
To be effective on the absorption and adsorption engineer role, here are major knowledge, skills, and abilities you need to have:
- Strong ability to identify complex problems and to examine similar information to create and assess options and execute solutions
- Strong time management skills to effectively manage own time and that of workers
- Strong knowledge of relevant laws, court procedures, legal codes, precedents, democratic political process, executive orders, organization rules, and government regulations affecting the industry
- Strong ability to comprehend information presented in both written and spoken formats.
Now, here is an example of a good cover letter written for the absorption and adsorption engineer job:
Absorption and Adsorption Engineer Cover Letter Example
79 Armory Road
Any Town, USA 99999
May 4, 2018
Mr. Turner Leep,
American Engineering, Inc.
62 Middleton Drive
Any City, USA 99999
Dear Mr. Leep:
I saw your advertise for the position of Absorption and Adsorption Engineer on jobdescriptionandresumeexamples.com job listing page and I want to let you know that the position and your requirements for the job match my experience and expertise, which makes me a perfect fit for the role.
I have six years or work in this industry, after having earned my degree at Eastern University, College of Engineering. My experience is in developing relevant equipment and designing effective chemical processes to successfully remove and separate the constituents of liquid solutions or gas mixtures by absorption and adsorption.
My resume details my experience, but I hope we can also have a personal meeting so I can find out what you are looking for in the absorption & adsorption engineers you hire. Please call me on my cell phone: 888-888-8888 to arrange a time to get together if you’d like to talk. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for this opportunity.
Enc: resume and cover letter