Sales Floor Associate Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Sales Floor Associate Do?
Sales floor associates are responsible for providing exceptional service to customers who come for shopping at their company’s store.
Their job description entails promptly greeting and acknowledging customers in a friendly way as they enter the store.
It also involves providing information about merchandise to customers, assisting and directing them
To the right area where they can get what they are looking for, as well as handling merchandise with care to avoid damage.
The sales floor associate’s role in a retail store involves providing world class service to customer by surprising and delighting them each day they visit the store, ensuring that they leave with awesome experience about the store.
He/she is responsible for creating feature displays that boosts gross margin dollars and applying visual merchandising presentation to increase sales.
His/her duties also involves preventing waste by ensuring pricing accuracy and unit integrity; training and coaching direct reports; and maintaining ordering for the highest sales potential.
The sales associate is committed to providing customers with top quality world class service, and ensuring they have the most productive and enjoyable shopping experience.
His/her work description also entails demonstrating products to customers on the sales floor and replacing products on shelves in accordance with the merchandising guidelines.
He/she acts as a product expert and provides training on company products to newly hired associates and other members of the sales team as may be necessary.
He/she is expected to have strong knowledge of advertised sales, and is responsible for maintaining signing and pricing.
The sales associate also has the duty to provide assistance with seasonal floor merchandise moves as may be required.
Restocking merchandise, keeping work area neat and clean, and adhering to all company procedures and policies are duties commonly assigned to sales floor associates at most retail stores.
Sales Floor Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Sales floor associates perform various functions in their quest to provide amazingly pleasant shopping experience to customers.
The sales floor associate job description commonly consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities in most retail stores where they work:
- Carry out daily tour of area of responsibility at the store and ensure visual appearance of department
- Make eye contact and greet all customers within 10 feet with a smile; take customers to merchandise; and render assistance in solving customer complaint, needs or issues
- Ensure the maintenance of promotional Ads and programs, and that they are signed and replaced for the whole Ad or event
- Perform weekly check of discounted clearance merchandise and make sure merchandise are ticketed appropriately and accurately
- Adhere to and support all signing, display, and pricing guidelines established by the team responsible for pricing
- Adhere to and support all unit integrity and layouts set by the team in charge of Data Integrity
- Ensure hourly and daily sales goals set for the department are met and exceeded
- Apply visual merchandising presentation to boost sales and enhance gross margin dollars
- Ensure maintenance of pricing accuracy and unit integrity to prevent wastage
- Ensure up to date knowledge of trends, products, and seasons and their effects on merchandising and assortment
- Responsible for processing inbound freight.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Sales Floor Associate Role
If you are seeking to work as a sales floor associate in a retail store, you will need to meet certain requirements set by employers before being granted an interview.
Given below are typical skills, abilities, knowledge, etc. that you will need to have to be considered by most hirers for the job of sales floor associate:
- Strong knowledge and skills in suggestive selling techniques
- Strong knowledge of store, location of merchandise, and services offered by company
- Strong verbal, arithmetic, reading, and writing skills
- Ability to move and lift merchandise of between 20-100lbs
- Strong ability to follow instructions in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to stretch, reach, lift, and bend repeatedly
- Ability to learn fast and be cross trained
- Possess friendly and positive demeanor.
Are you looking to hire for the position of sales floor associate and need to create a good description for the role? If you do, then the content of this post and the sample job description provided can assist you in doing that.
You will be able to write the perfect sales floor associate work description that aptly captures what the role entails and what your company requires from candidates. You will therefore be able to attract the best suited persons for the position.
This post is also helpful to individuals looking to learn about the sales floor associate career to know what the role entails so they can decide if it is the job they want to do.
Did this article help improve your knowledge of what sales floor associates do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. Do also share your job description if you work as a sales floor associate.