There are usually job openings for electricians; however, you will need a good resume to be competitive in getting the job.
As an electrician needing to nail a job as quickly as possible, especially the high paying ones, you should know that there will be several other qualified electricians gunning for the same job.
A great electrician resume, carefully, and professionally written gives you a better chance of being invited to an interview where you will then be able to discuss with the employer physically and convince them you are the best for the job.
Without a compelling resume, your desire to get a job or change your existing job may come to a premature end even if you have the best qualification and experience.
However, the good thing is that you can learn to write effective resumes from studying professionally written resume templates and adopting their features in creating your own.
Below is a sample of well written electrician resume that you can use as a template in preparing yours and putting yourself at a better chance of getting the job.
Electrician Resume Example/Sample/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Seeking Electrician position in a growing Food Processing company where my wealth of experience will be put to work in providing top-of-the notch electrical maintenance service, and which will offer me the opportunity for career growth and advancement.
Exceptionally gifted Electrician with more than two years experience in a food processing company troubleshooting and maintaining all electrical systems and equipment, including those employed for facility bottling, processing, and production.
Profound experience investigating and diagnosing electrical faults, finding solutions and implementing repairs to ensure all systems are working effectively and efficiently.
- Two years solid experience as maintenance electrician
- Strong familiarity with local and national electrical codes
- Strong knowledge of motor controls and PLC’s
- Deep knowledge of main power distribution, instrumentation, and electrical power consumption
- Excellent skills at reading and comprehending electrical drawings and blue prints
- Exceptional ability to fabricate, construct, and install electrical tools and systems
- Excellent planning and work scheduling skills
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Excellent ability to relate cordially and productively with colleagues and supervisors
- Ability to climb to various heights to perform
- Ability to perform work at different awkward positions
- Ability to regularly move or lift objects up to 70lbs
- Highly effective at using power tools, hand tools, electrical testing equipment, snorkel lifts, forklifts, hoists, ladder, welders, grinders, and cutters.
Sundy Foods INC., ATL
2011 – Present
- Responsible for installing new electrical equipment and systems
- Perform repairs and update of electrical systems
- Perform maintenance of emergency lighting system
- Perform facility and equipment maintenance as required
- Perform periodic overhaul of equipment
- Examine and participate in planning of new installations or electrical retrofits
- Responsible for maintaining inventory control of frequently used electrical items and supplies
- Generate and tender purchase requisitions to management
- Responsible for maintaining general lighting systems
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisors or managers.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- High school diploma
- Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) certification
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.