Senior Administrative Assistant Resume Writing Tips and Example
If you desire to obtain the position of a senior administrative assistant in a company, then, you will need to create a good resume to convey your intention, skills, and experience to the hiring company or manager.
Having a great resume is the first step in your quest to landing a desired job as it is the content of your resume that will determine if you are called up for an interview or not.
Your resume must have a strong impact on the recruiter for it to be considered and an interview invitation sent to you. At the interview, you will have the opportunity to effectively sell yourself to the hirer.
If you are seeking the job of a senior administrative assistant and need to learn how to make a great resume that can win you an invitation to an interview, this post provides useful tips and a template to guide you through the process of resume making.
Please, continue reading:
Steps to Making a Good Senior Administrative Assistant Resume
To make sure your resume is convincing enough to get you the job; it should be targeted at the particular company you wish to work with.
The name of the company should appear in your resume’s objective statement, and the required skills and competencies for the senior administrative assistant job should form a part of your resume.
Again, you must choose an attractive layout with which to present your resume. Each section of the resume should be started with a boldly written title, while the points under each section should be highlighted in simple bullet styles to draw the reader’s attention.
The key sections you can include in your senior administrative assistant resume, and how to craft their content are discussed below:
Resume Objective Section
The objective statement on your senior administrative assistant resume should be addressed to the hiring company.
This goes a long way in making your resume look targeted and convincing. Targeted resumes are often appreciated by hirers who believe that you are really interested in working with the company and made out time to discover the requirements for the job.
Also, including the relevant skills and expertise right at the beginning of your resume, offer a good chance that it will be more effectively in convincing the hirer that you are a good fit for the job.
See examples of objective statements for the senior administrative assistant resume, to guide you in making yours:
Examples of Senior Administrative Assistant Objective Statements for Resume
- Applying for the position of senior administrative assistant with Private Dome Inc., offering proficiency in general office machines, exceptional computer and data entry skills, and superb organizational and management skills.
- Seeking the position of senior administrative assistant with Bill and Bills Inc., offering strong background in office administration and extensive years of experience working in office administrative assistant positions
Core Competence Section
This section of your senior administrative assistant resume is where you highlight all relevant skills you have that are required by the hiring company.
If you possess skills other than the ones required by the hiring company and you think they are relevant to the job, you may include them after you have listed the important ones stipulated by the hiring company.
Job Experience Section
The position of senior administrative assistant is mostly occupied by candidates who have spent some years working as administrative assistants or as clerical employees, except stated otherwise by the hiring company.
So, this section of the resume should bear the names of some companies you have worked with before in administrative positions.
You should also highlight the administrative duties you performed while working with the listed companies.
Educational and Professional Qualification Section
The education and professional qualification section of your senior administrative assistant resume should contain a summary of your academic qualification, trainings, and professional certifications.
The academic qualifications should be presented before the trainings and professional certifications.
Now, after discussing the various parts to add to a senior administrative assistant resume and how to write them, we shall see a complete resume for the position and how the different sections are put together.
The sample resume below can be applied as a template if you need to make a resume for the senior administrative assistant job:
Senior Administrative Assistant Resume Example/Sample/Template
5 Freedom Street, Dover, Delaware
Home: (+2) 043-018, Cell: (+2)043-0218
Objective: Applying for the position of senior administrative assistant with Private Dome Inc., offering proficiency in general office machines, exceptional computer and data entry skills, and superb organizational and management skills.
- Strong background in office administration
- Proficiency in general office machines such as photocopier, fax machine, scanner
- Strong telephone etiquette and proficiency in telephone switch-board
- Exceptional computer and data entry skills
- Superb organization and management skills
- Strong oral and written communication ability
- Strong ability to adhere to oral and written instruction
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
HBG Inc., Wilmington, Delaware
Senior Administrative Assistant
2004 – 2009
- Composed and typed reports and correspondence
- Handled incoming and outgoing calls and emails and routed to appropriate offices
- Scheduled meetings and took minutes of meetings
- Prepared invoices, memos and letters
- Managed data entry and spreadsheet duties
- Edit and update stored data and information
- Handled duties associated with payroll, accounts payable and financial report
- Procured materials for office use and maintained imprest system
- Maintained clean and orderly front office area.
JGC Inc., Dover, Delaware
2001 – 2004
- Welcomed clients and visitors and obtained their purpose of visit
- Arranged office files in chronological order
- Composed, typed and proofread letters, memos and correspondence
- Utilized and maintained general office equipment
- Managed office calendar and scheduled appointments for clients.
Education and Professional Qualification
- Wilmington College, Dover, Delaware, Associate Degree in Office Administration, 2000.
Having a good resume can improve your chances of getting the job of a senior administrative assistant that you seek, and the great thing is that you can make it yourself by applying the tips and template in this post.
Did you find the tips and template in this post helpful in making a good senior administrative assistant resume? Do leave your thought about this post in the comment box below.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.
> Have a better resume, get Free Resume Critique.
>> Discover what makes a good resume so you can make one that employers cannot resist.