Credit Card Sales Representative Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are interested in learning about the job description of a credit card sales representative, you will find this post helpful.
You will discover the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that common define the credit card sales representative work description.
You will also discover from this post the major requirements most recruiters set for applicants seeking the credit card sales representative job to fulfill to be hired.
Please, continue reading:
What Does a Credit Card Sales Representative Do?
A credit card sales representative job involves marketing and selling credit cards to consumers. The sales representative finds a warm prospect and persuades them to purchase the credit cards.
His/ her job description entails explaining and clarifying the benefits the buyer stands to gain from the purchase.
Credit card sales representatives work for retail chain businesses, payment solutions’ company, financial institutions, etc.
They serve as the contact person representing a brand on credit card matters.
They are responsible for offering credit card samples and catalogs to clients; educating them on the terms and use of the cards as well as the prices; and also present clients’ credit card needs to the organization and proffer ways to meet them.
The credit card sales representative work description also involves taking purchase orders from clients, and converting referrals from clients with interest in using the credit cards into sales.
It also entails providing customer support; answering clients’ questions within set standards, and helping them resolve complaints about the credit cards or issues that may arise during usage.
Credit card sales representatives are required to attend industry shows in territory as necessary, attend meetings for reviewing sales performance, and handle inbound service calls from clients; and also look out for sales referral occasions and opportunities for personal banking products and services.
To work as a credit card sales representative requires having a combination of High School education and experience, but a Bachelor’s degree may be preferred.
Besides educational background, it is vital that individuals looking to become a credit card sales representative have basic selling skills, interpersonal skills, and computer skills, as well as strong communication skills.
They must also be goal oriented individuals with ability to purse targets individually and as a team.
Credit Card Sales Representative Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The credit card sales representative position is primarily a marketing and customer support role. They perform various functions in promoting the sales of a brand’s credit card, as well as providing necessary customer support, including providing information, advocating for client needs, and resolving complaints from card usage experience.
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up the credit card sales representative job description are listed below:
- Increase credit card customers
- Engage and educate customers on product usage
- Convey brand information to customers and respond to questions/inquiries that arise
- Responsible for daily/monthly sales targets
- Investigate and address competitors’ activities
- Prioritize and schedule proactive calls to organization’s accounts
- Update and manage contact database with accurate profiles, notes, and relevant information
- Undertake training on the firm’s markets and products, and improve on selling skills
- Match sales opportunities that cover other products involving various sales representatives
- Bargain customer pricing contracts with third party providers.
Credit Card Sales Representative Job Description for Resume
You can use the sample credit card sales representative job description above in making a resume for the role.
You can specifically apply the duties and responsibilities of the position in completing the professional experience section of your resume to assure the recruiter that you perfectly understand the expectations for the credit card sales representative role, and are capable of delivering excellent performance.
Credit Card Sales Representative Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Applicants seeking to work as a credit card sales representative should be prepared to meet certain requirements from recruiters to be able to access the position.
To find the right candidates who can perfectly perform the obligations, purpose, and objectives of the credit card sales representative role, recruiters typically set the following requirements for individuals interested in the job to meet:
- Education: Applicants are required to possess a minimum of High School Diploma and experience, but Bachelor’s degree in a business or scientific discipline is often preferred
- Knowledge: it is important that they have background in sales, business, or marketing. They should also have an understanding of lending laws and regulations. It is also important that they have the ability to absorb, understand, and articulate technical and non-technical brand and product information effectively to consumers
- Communication skills: Applicants for the credit card sales representative position are required to have exceptional communication skills, covering active listening and oral communication skills to convey product benefits to customers and ask appropriate questions that can lead to sales
- Interpersonal skills: They are required to have the ability to relate with people from different backgrounds; establish rapport and negotiate issues, and also influence others to be successful as a credit card sales representative
- Organizational skills: The credit card sales representative job requires that they are multi-tasking, able to prioritize calls, and match referral opportunities on other products to various sales representatives. Therefore, it is important that applicants for the role possess organizational skills to help them work effectively especially in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment
- Self starter: Applicants must be highly motivated and goal oriented individuals with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Having this quality makes them comfortable with achieving sales target
- Sales skills: To be successful as a credit card sales representative, it is also important that applicants are persuasive. They should also have patience and perseverance to initiate, negotiate, and close a sale. It is also necessary that they are equipped with problem solving skills to identify the right triggers to achieve a sale
- Customer service skills: Applicants are required to have customer service skills to provide customer support and relate with customers, and to confidently offer rebuttals and persuasive messaging
- Computer skills: it is also important that they are conversant with Microsoft Office applications, including (Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word, and Outlook).
If you are a recruiter or HR manager hiring for the position of a credit card sales representative, you can create a description for the job that perfectly fit the role in your organization by applying the duties and responsibilities of the position highlighted in the sample job description above.
By publishing a detailed description of the vacant credit card sales representative job, interested applicants will be well guided to know if they qualified or not for the position, thereby helping you to attract the best candidates for the job.
This post is also helpful to individuals who are interested in the credit card sales representative career to increase their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities commonly performed by people who work in that role.
Did this article help improve your understanding of what credit card sales representatives do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You may also discuss your job description if you work as a credit card sales representative.