Costco Front-end Assistant Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a Costco front-end assistant, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly characterize the Costco front-end assistant work description.
It also presents the typical requirements individuals seeking the front-end assistant role with Costco or other companies may be expected to meet to be hired.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the Costco front-end assistant career:
What Does a Costco Front-end Assistant Do?
A Costco front-end assistant works under the supervision of some senior personnel and is responsible for providing valuable assistance in the process of overseeing and handling the management of cash flow in the Costco retail store.
His/her job description entails validating the mode of payment, examining and verifying relevant details, processing debit or credit card payments, and executing several other assigned tasks in strict compliance with the rules and regulations of Costco.
Costco front end assistants provide support with the handling and management of payments in the store.
They also carry out other crucial tasks such as providing answers to questions about products, taking payments and processing refunds, and ensuring that the Costco store policy is implemented.
A Costco front-end assistant is responsible for interacting with customers and collecting payments for products and services.
Some of the duties that may be executed by the front-end assistant at Costco include greeting customers, completing financial transactions, and implementing the Company’s store policies.
Part of the major tasks usually assigned to the Costco front end assistant role includes welcoming and greeting customers.
This involves efficiently acting as the face of the Costco Company by greeting customers professionally and politely, making them feel welcomed and comfortable, and being friendly with anyone that enters the store.
The Costco front-end assistant is also saddled with the responsibility of making sure that purchases are accurately processed by scanning items, bagging them if requested or required, collecting the final payment, and inspecting identification for age-restricted products such as alcohol and tobacco.
It is also the duty of a Costco front-end assistant to process exchange or returns, which involves assessing if a purchase is eligible for a return and processing the exchange or refund accordingly whenever a customer is unhappy or unsatisfied with the quality of the item they bought.
The front-end assistant may also be required to stay educated on the products or items sold at Costco since customers often have queries regarding products or services.
He/she must be able to address these questions in an informed way and also provide the best possible answer to customers.
To efficiently perform his/her duties as a Costco front-end assistant, an ideal candidate for the job must possess certain important skills and qualities.
These include excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good teamwork skills; strong mathematical skills, excellent time management skills, and good physical strength and stamina.
They also require good customer service, listening, and organizational skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, individuals looking to become a front-end assistant at Costco or other similar companies may be expected to have at least a High School diploma or GED.
Costco front-end assistant Salary: The average salary for a front-end assistant position at Costco, according to Payscale, is $32,012 annually.
Costco Front-end Assistant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Costco front-end assistant job description typically entails the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the proper management and maintenance of up-to-date and accurate records of cash and controlling it efficiently
- Assisting customers to their vehicles with their shopping bags when required
- Addressing and following up on all customer queries
- Interacting with customers and collecting payments for products and service.
- Maximizing the ability to draw and optimize revenue by staying alert and aware
- Ensuring that the register area is kept clean, well-maintained, and organized
- Ensuring accountability in the process of processing customers’ orders accurately and maintaining supplies by storing them in boxes, bags, and so on
- Actively participating in Costco’s promotional activities and other sales events.
Costco Front-end Assistant Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV and have worked before in the Costco front-end assistant role or are presently working in that position, communicating that work experience in your new resume will significantly boost it.
You can effectively do that by adding the work or professional experience section to your resume/CV where you highlight the front-end assistant duties and responsibilities presented in the job description example above.
By reading your professional experience, the recruiter/employer is more likely to invite you to an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires having some front-end assistant work experience.
Costco Front-end Assistant Requirements – Skills, Abilities, Knowledge for Career Success
If you are applying for the front-end assistant job with Costco or other companies, the requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since a front-end assistant will be required to answer questions and also remain calm when dealing with unhappy customers
- Strong interpersonal skills, as these will enable him/her to understand customers’ needs and also interact with them efficiently
- Good teamwork skills, since a front-end assistant must work cooperatively as part of a team in a professional, friendly, and polite manner so as to discharge the job duties efficiently and effectively
- Excellent time management skills, as these will enable him/her to carry out his/her duties on time
- Good physical strength and stamina, since a front-end assistant may be required to endure long hours of standing behind a counter or desk
- Excellent customer service skills, since he/she must be approachable at all times
- Good mathematical skills to count change, sort and count the money taken at the end of a shift correctly
- A High School diploma or GED, or proof of previous retail experience in some cases.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the front-end assistant career with Costco or other retail companies; they will be able to increase their knowledge of what the Costco front-end assistant do.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers who are looking to find the best candidates to hire for the vacant front-end assistant position in their companies.
They can apply the above sample Costco front-end assistant job description in creating a detailed description of the job for their companies for use in the hiring process.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.