Bridal Stylist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a bridal stylist, to help you learn what they do.
It presents the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that majorly make up the bridal stylist work description in most organizations.
It also shows the major requirements you may need to satisfy if you are applying for the bridal stylist job,
Please, continue reading to increase your know of the bridal stylist career
What Does a Bridal Stylist Do?
Bridal stylists are individuals who assist customers, usually soon to be brides, to make choices for their wedding outfit; they help their clients in selecting the most suitable wedding attire.
They are responsible for providing advice and tips for soon-to-be brides on the best matching accessories for their big day.
Their duties also entails making the client look as beautiful as possible on their wedding gown.
They most often consult with different customers on their taste, preference, and style, and provide suitable recommendations afterwards.
They are responsible for suggesting bridal gown sizes, types, and color that perfectly suit their client’s body type.
They are required to make alterations where possible for the maximum facial look of the bride to be by styling to perfection
They are also responsible for informing customers about the range of bridal gowns, colors, styles, and cuts, as well as the different cost of the bridal gowns that are available for selection.
The bridal stylist job description may also involve styling the bride to be with different jewelries, veils, hand gloves, and headpieces that adequately match her wedding gown.
They are required to coordinate the delivery, pickup, and return of bridal gowns that are hired.
Bridal stylists may also be required to have basic knowledge of fashion and the trend in fashion changes across the globe.
Bridal Stylist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Bridal stylists are basically responsible for making sure that soon to be brides find it less stressful in choosing their various wedding outfit by helping them make a perfect choice, to make sure their special day is exactly what they dreamt of.
The typical bridal stylist job description is made up of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Consulting with customers and determining their various bridal gown preference and accessories
- Keeping check of bridal gown stock and the various locations of each gown in the shop
- Advising soon to be brides on the various available gown, including their advantages and disadvantages
- Assisting customers with the various alteration where possible to make sure that their clothing accessories perfectly fits them
- Taking the clients measurements, fashion, taste, and style and subsequently providing bridal gowns that match the client’s taste
- Assisting clients with gown fitting and follow up alterations
- Advising gown store owners on the latest trends in the fashion and styling industry
- Suggesting jewelries, gloves, and headpieces that perfectly suit the client’s bridal gown
- Scheduling meetings with soon to be bride regarding dressing, availability of gown, pickup, and distribution
- Providing pricing information to customers who come for price inquiries on bridal accessories
- Provide individual and dedicated services to the different customers
- Assisting in decoration of the gown store
- Showcasing the best and trending wedding gowns to customers.
Bridal Stylist Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have had some experience working as a bridal stylist, it will be beneficial to your resume to have the professional experience section in it.
The professional experience part of your resume enables you to clearly inform the recruiter/employer of the duties and responsibilities you have or are presently performing working in a bridal stylist role.
It helps you to convince the recruiter/employer that you have been successful working as a bridal stylist and so will be effective in the new role that you are seeking, especially if the new position requires some bridal stylist work experience.
You can make a great professional experience section for your resume by using the bridal stylist job description example above.
Bridal Stylist Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for a Successful Career
If you are seeking the bridal stylist job, here are major requirements most employers/recruiters may want you to fulfill:
- Education: The work of a bridal stylist generally requires a minimum of a High School diploma. However, a professional certification in fashion and design with a good knowledge of weeding styles and designs is an added advantage
- Interpersonal Skill: Bridal stylists are required to possess strong interpersonal skills. Strong attention to details and excellent communication skills are very essential for success on this job
- Bridal stylists also need to be confident and have the ability to create a smooth and fulfilling shopping experience for clients
- Experience: Work experience as a wedding dress consultant or similar role is an added advantage. Also, experience in retailing, especially with boutiques and other fashion outlets is an added advantage. Those who have hand on experience in crafting and creating various wedding accessories such as wedding gowns, shoe, hair styling etc. will also excel greatly on the bridal stylist job
- Creativity: Bridal stylists are also required to be creative with the ability to combine various designs to bring the expected outcome. They are required to be exceptional in creating fashionable bridal ensembles.
This post is helpful to recruiters/employers who are seeking the best bridal stylists to hire.
They can apply the above bridal stylist job description sample in making a detailed description of the available bridal stylist position in their organizations.
They will be able to find and attract the best candidates for the vacant bridal stylist job.
It is also valuable to individuals interested in becoming a bridal stylist; they will be able to learn all they need to know about the bridal stylist career to be able to make the right decision about getting into it or not.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.