Assistant Fashion Stylist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post presents complete information on the job description of an assistant fashion stylist, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the assistant fashion stylist work description in most organizations.
It also shows the major requirements most recruiters/employers would want individuals seeking the assistant fashion stylist job to meet to be hired.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the assistant fashion stylist career:
What Does an Assistant Fashion Stylist Do?
Assistant fashion stylists are individuals who help the lead fashion stylist in the running of their daily tasks.
Generally, assistant fashion stylists usually aspire to become a professional stylist and use the opportunity as assistant to the lead fashion stylist to learn the various tricks and trends in the fashion industry.
Assistant fashion stylists are usually responsible for assisting the fashion stylist with fashion styling activities.
They are responsible for gathering materials most of the time and ensuring that the needed stocks of clothing materials are all available and up to date.
They facilitate the delivery of clothing materials and other accessories to the various clients for pick up.
Their duties also involve assisting the lead fashion stylist in the makeup and dressing of models.
During photo shoot, assistant fashion stylists mostly help in arranging the studio and location by liaising with photographer and makeup artists.
Assistant fashion stylists are responsible for organizing and assisting in the coordination of their clients’ wardrobe and ensuring that all the needed fashion and clothing accessories are in place.
They also consult and recommend fashion styles for client, especially in the absence of the lead fashion stylist.
They are responsible for adapting to the various clients fashion needs and taste and provide the necessary framework to give them the possible best with available resources.
They are required to travel along with the lead fashion stylist during fashion events, beauty pageant programs, or photo-shoot sessions.
They also help to identify loopholes and provide advice to the lead fashion stylist to improve the outcome of fashion and designing activities.
Assistant fashion stylists often organize and arrange the fashion shop or closet before and after work and ensure that every working material is kept at the appropriate place.
They often time travel to find the specific materials and fabrics that are needed by their clients, and often do this at the command of the lead fashion stylist.
Assistant Fashion Stylist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Assistant fashion Stylists help the lead fashion styles in creating the most suitable and fitting fashion outfits and clothing styles for their clients.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities commonly carried out by assistant fashion stylists are shown in the job description sample below:
- Keep record of clients wardrobe accessories and ensure clothing collection are up to date
- Manipulating various fashion techniques and styles to give the desired look
- Maintaining a cordial relationship with customers and improving the look of the fashion shop
- Assisting the lead stylist at fashion shoots and events
- Logging in the required credit for editorial stories for publication in fashion magazines
- Follow up fashion news, fashion blogs, and fashion events
- Organize the fashion shop and coordinate pick up and deliveries of fabrics and other fashion accessories needed for styling
- Assist the lead fashion stylist in advising clients on the best fashion and styling for visually appealing display.
Assistant Fashion Stylist Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before or are presently holding the role of an assistant fashion stylist and are making a new resume, you will need to include the professional experience section to your resume.
Adding the professional experience section to your resume or CV helps you to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of an assistant fashion stylist.
This information can in a great way help to boost your resume, especially if the position you are applying for requires some assistant fashion stylist work experience.
You can apply the assistant fashion stylist job description example provided above in making an effective professional experience section for your resume.
Assistant Fashion Stylist Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for a Successful Career
If you are seeking to work in the assistant fashion stylist role, here are major requirements most employers/recruiters may need you to meet to be hired:
- Education: Assistant fashion stylists need to have at least a High School diploma or equivalent degree. An Associate’s degree in Fashion, Design or similar subject area will be an added advantage. A professional certification from fashion academic institutes is also commendable
- Interpersonal Skill: Assistant fashion Stylists are required to possess strong interpersonal skills
- A strong attention to details, commitment, and effective communication are very essential to be successful on the job.
- They also need to be confident and have the ability to work seamlessly under pressure
- Travel: Assistant fashion stylists most often are required to travel with the lead stylist to various events and programs. They also accompany clients to shopping and photo-shoots, as well as travelling to get the desired collection of fashion materials
- Time Management: Assistant fashion stylists are also required to possess on average good time management skills as most of their jobs may focus on multiple clients at the same time. They also need to poses sharp eye for beauty and style
- Creative: Assistant fashion stylists are required to be highly creative while having an eye for good style combination
- They are also required to keep up to date with changes in fashion trends across the globe
- They are expected to have a fundamental and basic knowledge of fashion and styling techniques
- Assistant fashion stylists should possess the ability to travel with the lead fashion stylist for shopping and fashion events.
To hire an assistant fashion stylist, recruiters/employers usually publish the job description to help interested individuals to learn about the role and successfully apply for it.
Therefore, if you are hiring for the assistant fashion stylist position, you can draft your job description by applying the sample published in this article.
This post is also useful to individuals who are interested in becoming an assistant fashion stylist and want to know what the career entails.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities commonly performed by assistant fashion stylists and the requirements they need to meet to be hired for the role.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.