This post covers in detail the job description of an accounts payable analyst, to boost your knowledge of the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that usually make up the accounts payable analyst work description.
It also presents the major requirements for hiring for the accounts payable analyst role.
Please, continue reading:
What Does an Accounts Payable Analyst Do?
The accounts payable analyst in a company is responsible for ensuring prompt processing, evaluation and reporting of expense records for payment.
The primary role of this individual for his/her organization includes reviewing and auditing the company’s expense reports and invoices for adherence.
The job description of an accounts payable analyst may involve: verifying the forwarding of expenditure accounts and ensuring it is accurate; general ledger account coding; and all required receipts, as well as other prerequisites.
The analyst will make sure a smooth relationship exist between his/her company and its vendors, including resolving all vendor queries.
He/she will handle expense reports promptly so as to attain weekly payments targets.
The work will involve resolving matters that come up with regards to adherence, in order to supervise coding issues, routing controversial invoices, and identifying controversial modifications.
It is an essential part of the duty of accounts payable analysts to assemble and evaluate staff expenditure documents, including personal and credit cards, as classified in the expenditure account.
This office will necessitate the individual holding the position to function together with accounts receivable on client billable expenditure.
He/she will initiate and work on all accounts payable records, corporate accounts payable ledgers and spreadsheets, and create an atmosphere for working effectively with the controller on any finance related project work.
Accounts Payable Analyst Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Below is an accounts payable analyst job description example. It shows typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities the person holding the position is usually expected to perform:
- Review, assemble, input, and supervise credit card statements, employee expenditure records and incoming bills for the required documentation before payment is made
- Ensure coding for the befitting expense accounts
- Work together with account directors and heads of departments to obtain consent on appropriate expenses
- Work as a connection between branch and corporate accounts units
- Guarantee all vendor accounts are handled precisely and ensure accurate and complete information
- Obtain and validate invoices for suitable authorization and documentation approval
- Establish fresh vendor profiles and supervise accounts to guarantee payments are updated
- Ensure good working relationship with vendors and acknowledge queries
- Assist in opening and organizing mails, as well as handling and processing of emails for the accounts payable unit
- Evaluate all invoices for suitable filing and consent before identifying inconsistencies and errors.
Accounts Payable Analyst Job Description for Resume
The job description sample given above can serve as a good source of information for creating the job experience section of a resume for the accounts payable analyst position.
Accounts Payable Analyst Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
Accounts payable analysts will need to possess the following attributes, which can help them to succeed as employees, and also in their careers:
- 1-3 years of working experience as an accounts payable analyst, and a degree in Finance or accounting related field
- Deep knowledge of QuickBooks, and proficient in utilizing Excel
- Must possess superior ability to accomplish diverse assignments, exhibit competency in time management and organization, with strong interpersonal dexterity
- Must exhibit interest in being a team player with all its affiliated characteristics
- Proficiency in utilizing MS Office, with adequate experience in processing Prevision Accounts payable
- Detailed oriented, with the ability to follow tasks objectives through
- Ability to function appropriately in a fast moving environment
- Proficiency in both verbal and written communication, which ensures information is clearly passed to staff and management
- Ability to function effectively in a multi tasking environment.
Related Post: #2 Accounts Payable Analyst Job Description Sample