This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an advertising account manager, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the advertising account manager work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be asked to meet to be hired for the advertising account manager role.
Please, read on:
What Does an Advertising Account Manager Do?
Advertising account manager is a person who serves as the connection between customers and the whole organizational unit. Their job description covers being in charge of administration of advertising campaigns, strategies, and information in clear terms to all concerned.
The advertising account manager will also spearhead pitching of ideas within a specific time limit and allocating budget.
This will also involve an understanding of customer’s needs and objectives and connect with them regularly during campaigns.
Depending on the organization, the advertising account manager may engage in managing multiple accounts for a long stretch of time in a highly challenging environment.
Generally, the individual in this position will be creating accounts for customers and overseeing all actions in relation to such accounts.
Organizing and giving of assessments on progress of customer’s advertising proposals form part of the job description of the advertising account manager.
The role of an advertising account manager can be attained after spending a number of years in the office of the advertising account supervisor.
For this reason, the skills and working conditions are quite similar and require taking complete responsibility for campaigns.
Part of their responsibilities also includes organizing the work of accounts officers, producing income from existing customers and being involved in all aspects of a campaign.
Advertising Account Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Shown below is an example of some of the fundamental tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up most advertising account managers’ job descriptions, subject to specific company needs at a particular time.
- Orchestrate discussions with customers and enlighten them on the present condition of their projects
- Earmark accounts with shrinking revenue and find solutions to insecure customers, with a view to retaining their accounts
- Watch over the manner in which colleagues and other accounting staff discharge their duties, and fix targets to ensure effectiveness
- Set up and connect with customers to find out and deliberate on their advertising terms
- Introduce campaign concepts, standards, ideas, and budgets to customers
- Organize media briefing and contribute to creation of marketing procedures
- Connect the client and advertising companies and ensure regular meeting with both parties by encouraging efficient flow of communication
- Introduce visionary work strategy to customers to seek their consent or carry out alterations if necessary
- Manage budgets and expenditure on campaigns, as well as supervise the efficiency of campaigns
- Organize work flow on a daily basis to guarantee prompt completion of projects within budget frames
- Carry out appraisals, evaluations, and ingenious ideas, which are up to standard and project targets, customer requests, and company’s distinct brands.
Advertising Account Manager Job Description for Resume
The roles and functions shown in the sample job description above can be used in writing the job history segment of a resume for the position of advertising account manager.
Advertising Account Manager Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
In order to be able to work efficiently as an advertising account manager, it is essential for a potential applicant to possess the following skills and knowledge base:
- Minimum HND degree in courses like accounting, advertising, marketing, communications, or business, with professional diploma in marketing
- At least three years working exposure at an advertising company or communications marketing unit
- Sound entrepreneurial consciousness, excellent communication skills, passion for business with ability to work on several accounts at a time
- Consistent display of vitality, eagerness, and passion for meeting deadlines and time-consuming goals
- Outstanding knowledge of printed and online advertising possibilities
- Display of self-confidence and a convincing attitude.